Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ZEN] ZENCASH: Permanent, Distributed, and Fully Anonymous cryptocurrency - page 12. (Read 243318 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
A lot of that saga is recorded on this on this thread if you search through. Basically one of the devs Joshua Yabut had what I would describe as a breakdown and posted a Tweet revealing a vulnerability in code he was responsible for, and encouraging ZEN to fall. Not quite sure on the timing of when he was kicked out, but from his Tweet it seems pretty clear to me he knew his days were numbered and the other devs wanted him out.

Other devs removed him, and brought in consultants to fix the vulnerability, which fortunately wasn't exploited and is now fully patched. I'd describe Joshua's behaviour as more "crazy" than "shady" because after all he didn't exploit the vulnerability for personal gain, but it really hurt ZEN price which had done great on opening on Bittrex, and we're really only recovering from that this last week.

I think that incident can continue to damper enthusiasm on ZEN, but with declining impact as time goes on.

I read on twitter there is some shadiness towards history of ZENs developers. I can not find much info. tough, can somebody shed some light on this.
Activity: 77
-
Yes we need to do that - working on it now. Hiring/contracting a person to keep Bitcointalk and all social media updated with information. There are a lot of people who have not heard of ZEN that we want to reach.
Please tell us more about this.
How are you planning to do this, what criteriums will be applied for choosing this person? Its would be wise to open contest for this so members here can involve as well, this will be also good marketing for ZEN.
Open new thread and invite all members who are interested to join, then you can chose with good help of rest of comunity. Chose smart and without rush, this person will be main figure here so must be reputable, avoid newbies and "red trusted members.
Maybe this can be done by few persons.
Bitcointalk, Twitter and social medias as separate.

That's a good point - the communities and how to communicate among them are different. And it does not have to be just one person. More than one might be good. Thank you for the suggestions!
Activity: 223
Merit: 105
Utrum OOT
go to the Website and read the White Paper for those that want to know more about ZenCash.

https://zensystem.io/

Here is something interesting from the White Paper on page 21

"As a secure messaging and distributed data archival system, we compete with other services, such as Signal, Telegram,and the Tor Project.  There are also an infinite number of potential projects that can be built on the Zen platform, increasing our competitiveness exponentially."

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I read on twitter there is some shadiness towards history of ZENs developers. I can not find much info. tough, can somebody shed some light on this.

Ok guys.
ZenCash has been created with a fork of the ZClassic (ZCL) blockchain. People who got zclassic before the fork have been credited on the ZenCash network of the same amount of zclassic they got. (If I got 10 ZCL, at launch of ZenCash I have 10 Zen).
The fork has been made at block 110 000 of the Zclassic blockchain. The launch of the ZenCash network was scheduled on May 23th 2017 but dev got some troubles at the beginning so they delayed it on May 30th 2017.
After the launch, it's true that the main dev left the team. But the team made a lot of work and I suggest you to visit the website https://zensystem.io/ to see how the team is. There is experienced people and (if I understand well) more dev than before.

So yes, the launch of ZenCash wasn't the best (severals delay and dev who left) but the team did the job and now I think that we can be much more confident with them.
Personaly, I am much more confident.
Activity: 178
Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
The reason why I think Zencash is a very good project is simple:

- The management and management of the project is in good hands. Leadership is an essential quality of a project's success! Zencash has its qualities, which is not the case for all projects in crypto currencies

- The project has an economic model based on community and secure nodes. On a good basis, the project can progress in the long term!

Comparison with other projects makes no sense. And yet we talk about the technology zeroknowledge, is one of the best in the landscape of crypto currencies.

The essential thing is elsewhere, do not forget it. Technology does not do everything .. Apple without Steve Job, this is no longer Apple.

Continue your work and build the foundations, the rest will follow as usual! Wink
Rowenta01
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Is it true that the lead dev has left Zencash?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Thinking of investing small amount and point my miners towards zencash...

Existing cryptocurrencies fall short of being fully anonymous; whether it's from network-level deficiencies or economic shortcomings. There is no cryptocurrency in existence that guarantees full end-to-end encryption of the distributed network. ZenCash is designed to be fully encrypted as a network and also as a means to send and distribute money. - Why is everybody saying our coin is only trully anonymous? What do dash, monero, zcash...say about this?

Whats the benefit of zencash over zcash or zclassic?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
-
Yes we need to do that - working on it now. Hiring/contracting a person to keep Bitcointalk and all social media updated with information. There are a lot of people who have not heard of ZEN that we want to reach.
Please tell us more about this.
How are you planning to do this, what criteriums will be applied for choosing this person? Its would be wise to open contest for this so members here can involve as well, this will be also good marketing for ZEN.
Open new thread and invite all members who are interested to join, then you can chose with good help of rest of comunity. Chose smart and without rush, this person will be main figure here so must be reputable, avoid newbies and "red trusted members.
Maybe this can be done by few persons.
Bitcointalk, Twitter and social medias as separate.
Activity: 1
Merit: 100
Team should consider to employ one member who will be here for public relations this way investors can be in direct touch with the team here not only on slack. This member should be here on daily basis to answer all questions and to keep comunity tight. This way investor will be more protected from the FUD.
Also this way bitcointalk comunity can be more included in project, and project will get more transparency and legitimity.

I'm agree with you.
People who don't know what is ZenCash will go first on bitcointalk (this is what I do). And if there is no activity here or if there is no good answer to questions, they will have a false idea of the project...

Ive literally run into this issue, I can't convince everyone to read the blog on their own
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
interesting zclassic clone... anything different?

i don't know either. but it get a lot of fans here . so it will be great project
Activity: 107
I have to agree with blockops here. I have argued for using nodes for coin lockup to help price - but after reading blockops post, I feel he is right and I am wrong on this point.

I know myself, and I suspect most people on this thread, are feeling a lot more comfortable with Zen than we were three weeks or a month ago.

On of the comments I see a lot on the ZenCash slack is from people who are unhappy that the price of ZEN has been going down. They want us to do something to immediatelly change the trajectory of the price. There are many different opinions expressed in many different places, and it si sometimes hard to get a feel for what the majority of people who are involved with ZEN are thinking.

One of the things I have learned through conversations is that people are involved with ZEN for many different reasons. One reason is for investing by buying with the expectation that the price goes higher. Many people are involved because they believe the ZenCash team has the ability to make a cryptocurrency that is focused on both privacy and usability.

What I believe is that the more people that are involved with a cryptocurrency, the more people will buy it, and the more the price will go up. That's why we are working through our plan that we wrote up and published. We want ZenCash to be used by people worldwide for private transactions, communications, and publishing.

It takes time to create something like that. We are working on the fundamentals, building the team, updating wallets, updating the website, improving and increasing marketing and social media, and doing as many things we can think of to increase the value of the cryptocurrency.

At the same time, there are speculators who do their best to make the price go up and down so they can make profits by buying low and selling high. That's all part of the crypto world. Speculators (pumpers and dumpers) have their place as well.

What we as a management team work to do is make steady progress, telling people about the improvements we are making, and work to build the vision we described in the white paper.

What we do not want to do is overpromise, hype, or look like we are creating artificial supply contstraints like other cryptos do in order to reduce the float of available trading ZEN. People see through that type of activity. It's just an artificial lockup, and does not increase the value of the system overall.

Because of mining, there are 216,000 new ZEN created each month. We need to do our part as a team and a community to get demand to be high enough so people buy all those ZEN every month, and want even more.

We are definitely working to add to our marketing team so we will have more articles, more videos, more social media, more entries on Bitcointalk, and other types of activity that drive engagement, excitement, and awareness. We can't get it all done at once in a way that creates an immediate price rise that many people seem to want, but we will get it done.

You are going to see consistent, accelerating progress from ZenCash. Over time this progress will be reflected in the price. Thank you for your support!
Activity: 1073
Merit: 666
interesting zclassic clone... anything different?
Activity: 223
Merit: 105
Utrum OOT
I have to say, the more I read Blackops (Rolf Versluis) posts, the more impressed and confident I become. Not because they are so well written (and they are), but because he doesn’t seem to pull any punches. He states it the way it is. But this also means if he says the company is going to follow through on something, they do it.

After only a month and a horrible start, he (they) are already following through on parts of their plan. They’ve already hired one of the top Fintech marketing companies (Wachsman PR), and hired various employees.

Have you seen the website lately?

https://zensystem.io/

There’s a lot of new members of the core support team, with Charles Hoskinson among them (co-founder and ex CEO of Ethereum). I’m impressed with how fast they are moving.

The price sucks and I want it to go up too, but if they keep moving as quickly as they have so far, I don’t think it will be long before it starts moving up again.

It's early and they still have a lot to prove, but until I seem something that changes my mind, I'll be buying on the dips.
Activity: 77
On of the comments I see a lot on the ZenCash slack is from people who are unhappy that the price of ZEN has been going down. They want us to do something to immediatelly change the trajectory of the price. There are many different opinions expressed in many different places, and it si sometimes hard to get a feel for what the majority of people who are involved with ZEN are thinking.

One of the things I have learned through conversations is that people are involved with ZEN for many different reasons. One reason is for investing by buying with the expectation that the price goes higher. Many people are involved because they believe the ZenCash team has the ability to make a cryptocurrency that is focused on both privacy and usability.

What I believe is that the more people that are involved with a cryptocurrency, the more people will buy it, and the more the price will go up. That's why we are working through our plan that we wrote up and published. We want ZenCash to be used by people worldwide for private transactions, communications, and publishing.

It takes time to create something like that. We are working on the fundamentals, building the team, updating wallets, updating the website, improving and increasing marketing and social media, and doing as many things we can think of to increase the value of the cryptocurrency.

At the same time, there are speculators who do their best to make the price go up and down so they can make profits by buying low and selling high. That's all part of the crypto world. Speculators (pumpers and dumpers) have their place as well.

What we as a management team work to do is make steady progress, telling people about the improvements we are making, and work to build the vision we described in the white paper.

What we do not want to do is overpromise, hype, or look like we are creating artificial supply contstraints like other cryptos do in order to reduce the float of available trading ZEN. People see through that type of activity. It's just an artificial lockup, and does not increase the value of the system overall.

Because of mining, there are 216,000 new ZEN created each month. We need to do our part as a team and a community to get demand to be high enough so people buy all those ZEN every month, and want even more.

We are definitely working to add to our marketing team so we will have more articles, more videos, more social media, more entries on Bitcointalk, and other types of activity that drive engagement, excitement, and awareness. We can't get it all done at once in a way that creates an immediate price rise that many people seem to want, but we will get it done.

You are going to see consistent, accelerating progress from ZenCash. Over time this progress will be reflected in the price. Thank you for your support!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I mined ZEN from the first day on your video card. As I told ZEN about his friends. I believe that this coin is promising for investment.
Activity: 100
Team should consider to employ one member who will be here for public relations this way investors can be in direct touch with the team here not only on slack. This member should be here on daily basis to answer all questions and to keep comunity tight. This way investor will be more protected from the FUD.
Also this way bitcointalk comunity can be more included in project, and project will get more transparency and legitimity.

So glad to see this!
Activity: 141
Merit: 115

Good point. Recently another crypto currency surveyed their user base. The results clearly showed that main exposure channels is via https://bitcointalk.org

While I understand that  @Zencash, @blockops and other devs are busy with other things, however it's also important to have a in the loop with this project person who could tend to this thread on a daily basis.

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Great. I am monitoring the price from the first day of ZEN and wait for a good entry to buy some. Zen is a good coin to keep for long term.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 513
<3 DeepOnion
Today I first heard about ZEN and bought a couple
Pages:
Jump to: