Pages:
Author

Topic: Another hard fork coming in October. New Bitcoin name is "Bitcoin Gold" - page 10. (Read 5690 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
More free money, now is just a change in mining algorithm, it seems the future is all bitcoin forks with a slight variation. Cheesy

Don't think it will be as profitable as bcash, but free is free...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
I don't think that Bitcoin Gold will be as successful as Bitcoin Cash, because very few of the major players are supporting them. Anyway I am happy. IMO, I am getting free coins and at the same time the value of Bitcoins in my wallet is not going to get reduced.

Yeah this altcoin won't be as much "valueable" as Bcash.
But 3-5% of Bitcoin's value I think is possible.Still quite some money.
And speculators will gamble on a pump as always.
So there is definitely the possibility to make more bitcoins out of this.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
There is already a bitcoingold on coinmarketmap, but I don't know how I feel about this fork, I hope there aren't 100 more forks next year.

there is no "bitcoingold" on coinmarketcap, there is only one "bitGold" on there which is an old one and it is one of those bitshares asset things that are tradable only on bitshares openledger.

this is something new that as I said above there is not any information about it to be found except their twitter handle which I can not locate again now!

edit: here is the website: http://btcgpu.org/ which also has links to the Twitter and Github,.. links.
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Hello. Bye.
There is already a bitcoingold on coinmarketmap, but I don't know how I feel about this fork, I hope there aren't 100 more forks next year.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I think there are many people who want to disrupt Bitcoin. These might be backed by the banks or governments. Keep calm and keep hodling Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
Why fork again? Come on. Who believes in this forking crap. I think we should all fork the chain and call it something. It gives no value to the coin at all.
Stop the forking, because nobody will accept you.
If you dont have consensus, too bad! The majority has the power.

If you are not satisfied with that, make your own altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
I don't think that Bitcoin Gold will be as successful as Bitcoin Cash, because very few of the major players are supporting them. Anyway I am happy. IMO, I am getting free coins and at the same time the value of Bitcoins in my wallet is not going to get reduced.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
the information about this new altcoin is not yet enough. their website does not have anything on it either. the only news comes from their Twitter and from what I have read so far it seems like they are just using bitcoin code not the blockchain and they will just take a snapshot of it at a certain date like what other altcoins with airdrops have one (Byteball, stellar, bitcore,....) and give 1:1 amount of their altcoin.

this does NOT mean a hard fork. coindesk seems to be spreading wrong information now!
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
More free coins? Always welcome.
Another dump because people will panic with FUD? Buy low is always good.

Last time I got around 10% more bitcoins and the price skyrocketed, my only thoughts were: there should be more hardforks.

yes more forks more free coins and free money. some of them are worthless though. its best to dump right after receiving them. i don't get why they will keep doing it when all they concentrate in the end is some other projects. they are just adding some junk in crypto which are considered leech in btc price. which exchanges supports this fork?
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Well it is not that surprising now that after the first split there will be more in the future. Yes, I have read that it will be called Bitcoin gold. It was also discussed that it is just like Bitcoin Cash but smaller. I don't know why they call it bitcoin, bitcoin is still the strongest currency.they are like alts but I think with stronger foundations.
They also said that with the production of offspring is relevant and more effective for a successful adaption.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?
Bitcoin Gold will be successful as like Bitcoin Cash? Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork?
https://www.coindesk.com/first-cash-now-gold-another-bitcoin-hard-fork-way/

Well, basically I have no problem if that means that I would be receiving an equivalent of Bitcoin Gold (BTG) to my current small stash of Bitcoin. However, am just hoping that unlike what happened in weeks leading to August 1, there would be no confusion and so many FUDs going around as we should only be dealing with facts from now on. There will always be place for a new alt just like how the market received BitcoinCash (BCH).

And I am hoping that this can be the last hard fork to ever happen with Bitcoin as we are already getting to be ridiculous with this kind of set-up where market players could not unite on the issue hence the need for a hard fork (unlike what is happening with Ethereum where there is no contentious fork).
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

Bitcoin Gold will be successful as like Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork?

It is a kind of ICo the developers of bitcoin  gold and bch hijack bitcoin  community. It;s ok we will get high amount of airdrop again and make a lot of money.  My BTC will be kept in my wallet and Bitcoin gold will be sold to buy btc again, then waiting for a new hardfork. LOL
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

If you look at the charts, the so successful Bitcoin cash is rolling downwards like a stone. I guess that the smart ones cached out already. Now it's just another altcoin.
Bitcoin gold? New fork? Free money again for Bitcoin holders. And some miners will get lured to mine that altcoin. No biggie.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
There is only one BITCOIN I know. Any other coin with Bitcoin attached to its name is either an Altcoin or a mere Bitcoin wannabe.
Bitcoin will continue to be the most popular coin unless it is hijacked by anti-cryptocurrency/anti-decentralization rebels.
I dont get it? still even I read this provided article or website. As I understand maybe the name will change not the currency impact.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
We saw now bad was bitcoincash this wll be worse. We already had divided opinion in this and with this bitcoingold we will only make thing worse then they are.
Dont know why they want to see this happen or not but we have seen that some exchanges had difficulties with this. In my opinion this will only make bigger war with bitcoincash and bitcoingold who will be better worth more, be next to bitcoin.

This is just starting to be war between certain miners group by my opinion, and somewhere in the middle we will lose.
Activity: 60
Merit: 2

Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork?

I think that is actually a good move that might actually sky rocket the value to more than $10000 by the end of this year. Let's just hope that it will be worth more than bitcoin cash or even bitcoin itself.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Which one is going to be Bitcoin Gold - the one with segwit2x or the one with just segwit? (It's hard to tell from the name!)
Activity: 686
Merit: 262
Bitcoin Cash fork was profitable to many bulk holders and now people are trying the same strategy to make instant money. But this time Bitcoin Gold will compete with Bitcoin Cash instead of Bitcoin. I don't think people will worry much about this fork by analysing the past fork. Last time price shoot after the fork. Now people know that and won't panic sell. I don't think fork if happens will have any major effect this time.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
In my opinion I think Bitcoin Gold will be more successful than Bitcoin Cash and the price of Bitcoin will keep increasing after the 2nd hard fork in October cause as I read after the hard fork in October it'll much more difficult to mine Bitcoin and the amount of Bitcoin still stable that why I think Bitcoin price will increase very quicky as it did after the hard fork on 1st August. I believe that Bitcoin price will get over 5k$ soon and maybe it'll reach 7k or 8k$ until the end of this year
Activity: 504
Merit: 512
More free coins? Always welcome.
Another dump because people will panic with FUD? Buy low is always good.

Last time I got around 10% more bitcoins and the price skyrocketed, my only thoughts were: there should be more hardforks.
Pages:
Jump to: