Pages:
Author

Topic: Another hard fork coming in October. New Bitcoin name is "Bitcoin Gold" - page 8. (Read 5690 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
But while those in the know might be skeptical of bitcoin gold, it does have a goal that many in the community may find attractive: creating a truly decentralized bitcoin.

Most notably, the developers behind the network hope to open up mining to more participants by replacing bitcoin's mining algorithm with one that will enable it to be mined with graphics cards. The idea is to make big miners – sometimes controversial figures on the network – less relevant.

"Bitcoin gold will implement a proof-of-work change from bitcoin's SHA256 to Equihash, a memory-hard algorithm that is ASIC-resistant and optimized for GPU mining," explained pseudonymous bitcoin gold developer "The Sorrow."

I have doubts that it would succeed at the above goal (decentralization of mining) if it is successful in getting significant market capitalization.  Once it becomes very profitable to mine, people who live in areas with cheap electricity will heavily mine it to the extent that it would be unprofitable to mine for people with average electricity costs.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

Bitcoin Gold will be successful as like Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork?

https://www.coindesk.com/first-cash-now-gold-another-bitcoin-hard-fork-way/

This will be just like an another alt coin the same thing with Bitcoin Cash and the dead BU. It will help to make the price of bitcoin higher again, because there will be another profit out of thin air. And every person that will be able to import their bitcoin gold will eventually dump it and the profit there will be on the buying order of bitcoin legacy / the original bitcoin for those who didn't understand what is it.

Yes Another hard fork  to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold".And It will help to make the price of bitcoin higher again, because there will be another profit out of thin air. Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork came and it's a fact . So Another hard fork coming in to the October and New Bitcoin name is "Bitcoin Gold".

I think it will go like this, it will go down before the hard fork happens and it will increase after the hard fork. But whatever will be the sequence the assurance of it is that bitcoin's price will increase. As it will generate an easy profit to the people that will have bitcoin gold by that time. And that's why this hard fork is going to be very good and healthy for the bitcoin economy.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
There are factors to consider in orser to say that it will be successful as what bitcoin cash is, first is the people that will support the coin. If these traders see bitcoin gold like bitcoin cash then maybe it will be successful, a sudden rise in the price as the demand is also high. Also i think if it is going to be easier to mine than bitcoin, people may also patronize it. Who knows, we will see in october if it will be something like bitcoin cash.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
Bitcoin Gold implements the UAHF (User Activated Hard Fork) proposal to accept GPU mining. Miners can choose the size of the blocks they want to mine, with a default of 1 MB. It includes replay and wipeout protection
How is that going to help the coin in getting mass adopted for real world usage as compared to the main Bitcoin though? Grin

when we are talking about altcoins it is not about "mass adoption" it is only about how they can become more expensive or in other words how they can get more pumped. and being GPU mineable is a good perk in my opinion. look at ETH for example. one of the reasons why it even became popular was because of its mining.
Activity: 497
Merit: 110
arcs-chain.com
Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

The things would be similar to the previous fork.
Bitcoin Gold might be higher than Bitcoin Cash after adding to the market
Bitcoins price will dump before the fork and it will have a new huge price after fork.
Activity: 322
Bitcoin Gold implements the UAHF (User Activated Hard Fork) proposal to accept GPU mining. Miners can choose the size of the blocks they want to mine, with a default of 1 MB. It includes replay and wipeout protection
How is that going to help the coin in getting mass adopted for real world usage as compared to the main Bitcoin though? Grin
Activity: 196
Bitcoin gold.  I think the name sounds cool.

New fork = free coin

Many concerns about bitcoin gold.  How will it affect bitcoin?  Will this cause panic among investors.  Will it gain momentum with bitcoin miners?  Will these forks ever come to an end?

I guess i am excited for the news.  Long term i do not believe this will be that important but short term maybe price increase for bitcoin?
Activity: 490
I don't think the price of bitcoin will fall before the split !!!

The price of bitcoin might get higher just before the split, the more bitcoin you hold the more bitcoin gold you will have, the more free money for the bitcoin holders and then depending on the adoption and support of bitcoin gold people might start dumping it just to get more bitcoin or other coins of their liking.
Yup i agree with you peole have learned about the past on how to deal with hardfork, bitcoin will not drop, whats gonna happen is the other way around, but bitcoin gold will not be as valuable as in bitcoincash people more prepared now than before.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I don't think this will have a significant on Bitcoin.  Long-term trend will keep going up.  HODL!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
I don't like to see so many forking attempts, this is going to disrupt the Bitcoin growth, even though the effect will not big but there will be slight impact on Bitcoin because some of the investors will split their investment, and the release date is too near with the BitcoinCash, the rumour of this coin still got a low expectation, so I still don't know how well this coin expected to be
Activity: 322
That article reported wrongly. It wasn't even a hard fork for Bitcoin Cash. It's a soft fork and BCC is an entities that wasn't suppose to exist in the first place. I wouldn't take the article too seriously in my opinion just for that.

I'm more concern about the real hard fork in November which Segwitx2 will be calling itself Bitcoin too. That's the one everyone should be focusing on instead (both in term of tech and market movement).
Activity: 478
Merit: 253
I don't think the price of bitcoin will fall before the split !!!

The price of bitcoin might get higher just before the split, the more bitcoin you hold the more bitcoin gold you will have, the more free money for the bitcoin holders and then depending on the adoption and support of bitcoin gold people might start dumping it just to get more bitcoin or other coins of their liking.
Activity: 490
Which one is going to be Bitcoin Gold - the one with segwit2x or the one with just segwit? (It's hard to tell from the name!)
When we say segwit its just a softfork it means no split will happen on that particular software upgrade, but when we say segwit2 it implies hardfork thus it will cause the chain of bitcoin to split during software upgrade. Just my cent Smiley
Activity: 128
Merit: 10

I think the 3rd hard fork is slated in November and not October. What you have read is that Bitcoin Gold is to be launched on October 25.

With bitcoin gold in the works and another hard fork slated for November, it seems that prediction is slowly becoming reality.

the last sentence makes it sound like it will be 2 new coins.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Which one is going to be Bitcoin Gold - the one with segwit2x or the one with just segwit? (It's hard to tell from the name!)
I don't think it is the segwit2x fork, I think this is something completely different. Since BCH fork there are too many rumors about new potential fork, but seriously i think only 2x is the the fork that might be real all others are just useless rumors.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
Mehh, it's just another altcoin using the name of bitcoin like bitcoin cash. it's smart though, bitcoin gold will get automatic sucess like the bitcoin cash do. I don't know about that fork though bitcoin gold, maybe I will take a time to find informations about it but I think it's just same like bitcoin cash.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102

This just means another negative news that could aggravate worse the bitcoin ecosystem, dragging along with it another fall in price and a decline in confidence in btc. I really do not understand why they want to make another fork? 
Activity: 420
Merit: 171
I really don't  think so what will happen when bitcoin will be change to bitcoin gold.
But, base on the information i have been reading about this topic,
it's not bad enough to say, Bitcoin Gold allows GPU to mine bitcoin Again,
or Even Faster money making. I don't know either if it will be easy to be studied.

Therefore Bitcoin and Bitcoin GOLD is just the same crypto currency,
whatever Happens, I am really Assured that Bitcoiners will Just Enjoy It.
Lets See for The Incoming.
Activity: 602
Merit: 262

This will be just like an another alt coin the same thing with Bitcoin Cash and the dead BU. It will help to make the price of bitcoin higher again, because there will be another profit out of thin air. And every person that will be able to import their bitcoin gold will eventually dump it and the profit there will be on the buying order of bitcoin legacy / the original bitcoin for those who didn't understand what is it.

Yes Another hard fork  to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold".And It will help to make the price of bitcoin higher again, because there will be another profit out of thin air. Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork came and it's a fact . So Another hard fork coming in to the October and New Bitcoin name is "Bitcoin Gold".

Then we can see another dump for bitcoin in this coming October Fork because many people will sell there bitcoin or put in other altcoin, waiting for this event happen again to buy more Bitcoin,like what happen when Bitcoin Cash was introduce I see a lot of news/article for this event but I guaranty to you that bitcoin will pump and go to the moon after this split over this only another altcoin with bitcoin name.
Pages:
Jump to: