Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 30. (Read 129054 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 07, 2015, 10:48:51 AM
it's the aluminium blocks breaking up at the atomic level because of the cooper and probably bras in the cooling loop

you need an reaction inhibitor, might be called anti-corrosive additive

u can try auto antifreeze with 50% water
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
February 07, 2015, 10:40:30 AM
I think is something user related Cheesy

i use EK-EKOOLANT BLOOD RED and i don't have any troubles! i even diluted the solution!

take some of that shit out from the  tubes, place it on a piece of paper and make some pictures. wtf is it?i is it slimy?
try covering all tubes so no sun light is getting in...

Algae is %100 smelly, slimy, sticky and just yuck. What we are finding in our loop is a white substance, some of it in like powder form. If you remove the loop tubes and get inside the tubes with your finger you would have this white powder like substance on your finger. It isn't algae, but it is happening to several miners here on the East Coast that are separated by 2 hours. All miners in kept in the dark, no sun light.

The thing is, %100 of coolant is made of some liquid and that liquid is most likely distilled water. So all these high priced coolants not sure I believe in. Maybe I'll just give the old car coolant a try. Been around for years and has a proven track record.

legendary
Personal text my ass....
February 07, 2015, 10:34:17 AM
notlist3d,

That pump you got on Ebay, do you have any pictures of it working and how has it been for you?

legendary
Personal text my ass....
February 07, 2015, 10:32:56 AM
Me and my dad bought several of these C1's and now almost all of them are having issues with the coolant leaking out of them because or the pressure. He cleaned our his entire loop, used new hoses and went for distiller water with silver kill coils and the [BOLD]VERY[/BOLD] clean loop sat over night running and then he unscrewed the fill top and liquid started spewimg out. There is now way algaue grows that fast, overnight. I just can't see that happening. There must be pin hole leaks in the system sucking in the air, creating pressure.

What the heck to do here? These are all fairly neew miner's, and maybe the 90  day warranty had A little part in this, while most are a year.

There must be something environmental going on for all 3 units to have exactly the same problem. If there was a pinhole leak then you wouldn't have any pressure build up either. Did you follow up the RMA offer?

Environmental? Yea, we have pointy ears, drink diesel fuel for food and come from another planet. Dude, they're all sitting in a dark basement and have been running fine since day one. For all three of my father's and one of mine having the same issue cannot be environmental. We live 2 hours apart from one another. Unless this mysterious environmental issue is following me.

And the substance/algae is not slimly or gummy. It is more like a chalk when it dries, and it is white. A fine white type powder sticking on the insides of our clear tubes.

One the first picture you can see the tubes turning white. That's not algae. But this white stuff has to be coming from the inside of the loop somewhere. Maybe the aluminum block is breaking down or the radiator? That's my only opinion on what could be happening. And the tubes to the left are of course new replacement tubes.

Then this picture is of inside the pump. This is not algae. If you rub your hands on anything it kind of turns into a white powder. And the pump spinning wheel, that's colored white, that was covered in an entire sheet if this white  substance, easily washed off by water.

Algae to me is a gummy, slimy, smelly growing substance in nature. This stuff was nothing like the kind.

legendary
Personal text my ass....
February 07, 2015, 10:06:48 AM
Dogie support for this product has now expired. Other staff will now service your queries in this thread. I can still be found in my own thread.

Why is support expired if miner is still being sold?

Sold and current ones still under warranty. Why? Because we are all getting the shaft. Turn around, bend over, here it comes. Apparently this is the way Bitmain want to operate these days. Be very careful when you all start ordering more products from this company. I'd rather spend the extra few bucks on a Spondoolie and get real warranty help no matter how long it has been. Not just suggestions and opinions.

legendary
Personal text my ass....
February 07, 2015, 09:57:53 AM
Me and my dad bought several of these C1's and now almost all of them are having issues with the coolant leaking out of them because or the pressure. He cleaned our his entire loop, used new hoses and went for distiller water with silver kill coils and the [BOLD]VERY[/BOLD] clean loop sat over night running and then he unscrewed the fill top and liquid started spewimg out. There is now way algaue grows that fast, overnight. I just can't see that happening. There must be pin hole leaks in the system sucking in the air, creating pressure.

What the heck to do here? These are all fairly neew miner's, and maybe the 90  day warranty had A little part in this, while most are a year.

There must be something environmental going on for all 3 units to have exactly the same problem. If there was a pinhole leak then you wouldn't have any pressure build up either. Did you follow up the RMA offer?

Yea, they want us to ship everything out to them to Colorado at our cost. We are trying to keep what we spend on these so we can at least possibly get our return but if we are paying extraordinary shipping rates then what's the point? Legit companies usually pay for shipping on products in warranty.

All of our C1's are doing the same thing. We have no choice but to keep the fill top open due to pressure. It's not like just one of them is doing it either. 6 of them are doing it. That's not a coincidence, it is a fact there is a hardware issue here. Any coolant on the market should last at least 6 months before needing a cleaning. And I read others have to run their loops with the fill cap open too. So it's just not us having this problem. I'll gladly ship a unit to Colorado if BitmainWarranty wants to pay for shipping.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 06, 2015, 02:49:05 AM
Dogie support for this product has now expired. Other staff will now service your queries in this thread. I can still be found in my own thread.

Maybe Bitmain stopped paying Dogie to answer questions.
A good man,I respect him.Maybe I will someday retired,too,won't be too long.But somebody will still use this ID. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
February 05, 2015, 10:33:11 PM

Maybe Bitmain stopped paying Dogie to answer questions.
legendary
Activity: 1456
February 05, 2015, 05:37:44 PM

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
February 05, 2015, 12:31:55 PM
I have a batch 1 and batch 2 C1 Miner.

I have been using this coolant since October 2014:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17472/ex-liq-262/XSPC_EC6_High_Performance_Liquid_Cooling_Premix_Coolant_-_1L_-_UV_Green.html

Zero problems with the coolant (no algae)
I close the fill cap tight and I top it off every few weeks.
No bubbles or pressure build up.

I highly recommend it.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
February 05, 2015, 11:04:17 AM
Activity: 742
February 05, 2015, 10:39:51 AM
I think is something user related Cheesy

i use EK-EKOOLANT BLOOD RED and i don't have any troubles! i even diluted the solution!

take some of that shit out from the  tubes, place it on a piece of paper and make some pictures. wtf is it?i is it slimy?
try covering all tubes so no sun light is getting in...
Activity: 507
February 05, 2015, 09:41:02 AM
Put 1 drop of bleach in
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
February 05, 2015, 12:51:13 AM

HELP

It was said countless time in this topic but I will say it one more time. Do not close the fill cap like the water contains Ebola. Just close it with your hand. You want air to be able to escape when pressure is rising with temperature.

His problem isn't temperature, its the algae creating significant amounts of gas.

Algae with kill coils? Did they try pt nuke or hth algae guard?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
February 05, 2015, 12:40:11 AM

HELP

It was said countless time in this topic but I will say it one more time. Do not close the fill cap like the water contains Ebola. Just close it with your hand. You want air to be able to escape when pressure is rising with temperature.

His problem isn't temperature, its the algae creating significant amounts of gas.
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
February 05, 2015, 12:36:55 AM

HELP

It was said countless time in this topic but I will say it one more time. Do not close the fill cap like the water contains Ebola. Just close it with your hand and stop when you feel the rubber touching. You want air to be able to escape when pressure is rising with temperature.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
February 05, 2015, 12:31:03 AM
See below. Suggesting its all aluminium, so the coatings we see must be brass [which is fine].

The radiator SC-BC1 watercooling kits uses is aluminum.PD360 radator is copper,only PD series radiator is copper.
You see coatings?Could you show me a picture?

Like the picture on your site, its golden in the threads and in the lower chambers. http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html. Looks exactly like my very early batch 1.
Size of AT360 is 402*119.5*27mm,and PD360 is 390*128*45mm,which size is yours?

27mm. Maybe its not on this radiator but I've definitely seen it somewhere. I just can't think what other radiator I've looked in recently :/
legendary
dogiecoin.com
February 05, 2015, 12:29:08 AM

legendary
Personal text my ass....
February 04, 2015, 11:05:22 PM
Me and my dad bought several of these C1's and now almost all of them are having issues with the coolant leaking out of them because or the pressure. He cleaned our his entire loop, used new hoses and went for distiller water with silver kill coils and the VERY clean loop sat over night running and then he unscrewed the fill top and liquid started spewimg out. There is now way algaue grows that fast, overnight. I just can't see that happening. There must be pin hole leaks in the system sucking in the air, creating pressure.

What the heck to do here? These are all fairly neew miner's, and maybe the 90  day warranty had A little part in this, while most are a year.

HELP
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 04, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
My guess is copper.  They have always been very careful to say to use coolant not water.  That and it looks a copper "PD360" on their site we got: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html .   The two aluminum radiator's they show selling are much smaller then the one with kit.

I could be wrong if they used a specialty one for miners, but I'm highly guessing its their standard.

Yes, you have to assume its copper or there are copper components. In several points in the listings (all changed by now) there has been a mention of copper on both the radiator and the fittings [internal coating]. You can see within the chamber of the radiator that there is definitely some form of dark orange coating, which may be brass or copper. So tldr, be safe and assume there is copper and aluminium within the same loop.

Any luck finding out what the radiator is made out of?

See below. Suggesting its all aluminium, so the coatings we see must be brass [which is fine].

The radiator SC-BC1 watercooling kits uses is aluminum.PD360 radator is copper,only PD series radiator is copper.
You see coatings?Could you show me a picture?

Like the picture on your site, its golden in the threads and in the lower chambers. http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html. Looks exactly like my very early batch 1.

Threads looks brass in that pic. to me, also it appears thicker at 45mm (from specs. listed) compared to the one I got that looks closer to 25mm.

That's not the correct Radiator, this is the link to the kit:
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=45

and it uses the AT360 radiator.
Right.Batch 2 uses 36S-8,with self-built tubing adapters(G1/4-8),decreases the risk of leaking.
Pages:
Jump to: