Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 34. (Read 129054 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
you diluted too much the fluid or it does not have enough alcohol or glycol in it
look for some biocide or antimicrobial or anti algae
i use vodka Grin

Nothing was diluted. The coolant came pre-mixed with a biocide already in it. No mixing.

And the best thing I heard is distilled water and then using those silver shards. I heard someone ran a system for 5 years without replacing the coolant. I think that's what I'm going to try.

Water + copper + aluminium = galvanic corrosion = no go for C1s. Nothing to stop you adding a silver shard to your current setup as far as I'm aware. Do put a sponge in there as well, the last thing you want is the pump to ingest it Tongue

I want to get my one problematic C1 fixed. If I tighten the fill hole on top of the pump it will start leaking and build so much pressure and possibly blow the loop. If I keep the fill hole open, no leaks. What is the easiest way to troubleshoot and find out if this system has a leak or a small hole somewhere sucking in air? Air HAS to be getting into the system somehow. I'm willing to run, if possible, the entire miner out of the black box, but there seriously is a problem. For warranty purposes the only thing I could do is tighten the fill hole and then when it starts to build enough pressure and make noise I'll record a small video showing me opening the fill hole.

Is there anyplace the coolant can leak out while inside the aluminum block, or just in the front where they connect with that little rubber hose?

I could be wrong on this so Dogie please confirm.   But I believe the block should not have a spot to leak out.   The two holes should be it on where it allows coolant out.

Looking at the pictures I can't see a seaon on the block, but at the same time I can't see any other way they'd be manufactured. They should be two pieces of flat plate, routed out then sealed together but there is no evidence of that. So.... investment cast? To answer your question then, it doesn't look like it.

But either way, if you're leaking from the block you should see coolant in the bottom of the case, even if its only a stain.

Ok, here is what I did. I closed up my fill hole, so now technically the loop is sealed. I put white paper towels down underneath the pump and miner. I'll check it often. Eventually I will start to see the white paper towel turn green in some spots under the pump and under the miner. That could easily be the high pressure this particular C1 creates when the loop is closed. How that is happening, I have no clue. I took pictures of when everything was white and clean and when things start to leak I'll record a small video on opening the fill hole.  You won't believe the pressure that builds up in that loop. While all my other C1's are fine. Same coolant, same pump, same everything, same closed fill hole.

Also dogie you said "Water + copper + aluminium = galvanic corrosion = no go for C1s" well the coolant you suggested, that Ironside brand from Amazon is just distilled water and a biocide premix. What's the difference with me using my own distilled water?

I added the pictures of the pump and miner sitting on white clean towels. Thanks for the coolant being green, real easy to spot on a white paper towel.

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Oh boy!
Get a fan speed regulator and set the C1 fan on minimum level. I have this in +24C ambient and it keeps it running < 50C.
OR I have been running with opened C1 chassis without a fan, also < 50C. Dont let the C1 regulate its fan, its too damn noisy Sad
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Are there any recommended fan replacements from the default ones?? The C1 is a little nosier than they said it would be.

Huh? Noisy? They aren't noisy at all.

They can get noisy if temps go up, such as one radiator blowing directly into another. I'd recommend adding some quiet 120mm fans to the back of the radiator / trying to give it better / cooling airflow than touching the units fan. That itself will reduce noise, hopefully sufficiently what you want.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
you diluted too much the fluid or it does not have enough alcohol or glycol in it
i use vodka Grin

Nothing was diluted. The coolant came pre-mixed with a biocide already in it. No mixing.

And the best thing I heard is distilled water and then using those silver shards. I heard someone ran a system for 5 years without replacing the coolant. I think that's what I'm going to try.

Water + copper + aluminium = galvanic corrosion = no go for C1s. Nothing to stop you adding a silver shard to your current setup as far as I'm aware. Do put a sponge in there as well, the last thing you want is the pump to ingest it Tongue

I want to get my one problematic C1 fixed. If I tighten the fill hole on top of the pump it will start leaking and build so much pressure and possibly blow the loop. If I keep the fill hole open, no leaks. What is the easiest way to troubleshoot and find out if this system has a leak or a small hole somewhere sucking in air? Air HAS to be getting into the system somehow. I'm willing to run, if possible, the entire miner out of the black box, but there seriously is a problem. For warranty purposes the only thing I could do is tighten the fill hole and then when it starts to build enough pressure and make noise I'll record a small video showing me opening the fill hole.

Is there anyplace the coolant can leak out while inside the aluminum block, or just in the front where they connect with that little rubber hose?

I could be wrong on this so Dogie please confirm.   But I believe the block should not have a spot to leak out.   The two holes should be it on where it allows coolant out.

Looking at the pictures I can't see a seaon on the block, but at the same time I can't see any other way they'd be manufactured. They should be two pieces of flat plate, routed out then sealed together but there is no evidence of that. So.... investment cast? To answer your question then, it doesn't look like it.

But either way, if you're leaking from the block you should see coolant in the bottom of the case, even if its only a stain.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Are there any recommended fan replacements from the default ones?? The C1 is a little nosier than they said it would be.

Silverstone SST-FHP141
legendary
Activity: 1456

I could be wrong on this so Dogie please confirm.   But I believe the block should not have a spot to leak out.   The two holes should be it on where it allows coolant out.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Mine is running at 1,920RPM in a cool room.

They're noisy enough that it wouldn't even be comfortable to have in a living room.
legendary
Personal text my ass....

legendary
Personal text my ass....

Huh? Noisy? They aren't noisy at all.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
i use vodka Grin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
legendary
dogiecoin.com
i use vodka Grin

Its not a concentrate that one, its premixed.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Call me crazy......but I saw where some guys were cleaning their CPU loop with mouthwash of all things, maybe good in an emergency......and I'd replace that line. Hell maybe all of them. Look carefully  at where the hoses slip on the barbs and clamps.
It just may be too small though. That loops not tight.

A little iodine goes a long way keeping algae and stuff from growing in your cooling system. I've just been using de-ionized water with a few drops of iodine. Have had zero problems with my C1 and stock cooling system.

By the way I have the radiator in an open window and I reversed the fans (put them on the other side of the rad pushing outside air through the rad). The board temps dropped 10 deg. I kid you not!  (60 deg F outside. Room was getting hot due to the S5's running there.)
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Call me crazy......but I saw where some guys were cleaning their CPU loop with mouthwash of all things, maybe good in an emergency......and I'd replace that line. Hell maybe all of them. Look carefully  at where the hoses slip on the barbs and clamps.
It ( a crack) just may be too small to see though. That loops not tight.

edit for clarity
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
i use vodka Grin
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Bubbleman is back!

I bought 6 total C1's and I have just one that constantly gives me problems. I haven't cleared the bubble situation completely yet, because soon as I move my radiator around all the air pockets that accumulated over time spits out into the pump, creating more bubbles. The highest temperature I've seen on it was 41C, so I won't worry about it much. And it is hashing over 1000Gh/s but have to keep the voltages at 755 on all of them to get that speed, which uses more electricity. I have to check out my electric bill soon to see what I'm paying, I could be wasting money here not even realizing yet.

And yet, another question. On ALL my C1's I have all the tubes are still clear. You can see right through them. No residue or anything on the inside, EXCEPT that one damn C1 I'm always having trouble with. While I was troubleshooting my bubble issue I noticed the hose going from the miner to the radiator was a weird color. So I emptied out some of the coolant and replaced that host with a fresh new one. Now the new hose is starting to form this algae or whatever it is inside the hose. This is just a matter of days to a week here. Should not happen. I have used nothing else in the loop except the coolant recommended by Dogie in the first post. All my other C1's are running this same coolant and all 5 of them still have clear hoses. All except this one C1. It's like a cursed C1. What could be causing this green crap to stick on the inside of the hose? Any sugggestions? All the other hoses in the loop are fine. Just the one hose. It seems every weekend I have a weird baffling issue with this C1. I guess it doesn't like me. Here is a picture so you know what I'm talking about.

Hmm. The presence of algae suggests you've got open air access somewhere. Has your fluid level been dropping over time?

Fluid level has been fine since I filled it only 3/4 of the way. Soon as those air pockets start to fill up in the radiator. I notice the reservoir rise up a little. The question is, why is it happening to only one tube in the loop? All the other ones are fine. This one C1 is making me nuts. I haven't had to touch to the other ones since I got them. This one running in my kitchen for a little heat I've had to spend quite some time on it.

Weird things will happen local to a leak. It could be a leak which isn't really submerged so you're not losing fluid.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
Bubbleman is back!

I bought 6 total C1's and I have just one that constantly gives me problems. I haven't cleared the bubble situation completely yet, because soon as I move my radiator around all the air pockets that accumulated over time spits out into the pump, creating more bubbles. The highest temperature I've seen on it was 41C, so I won't worry about it much. And it is hashing over 1000Gh/s but have to keep the voltages at 755 on all of them to get that speed, which uses more electricity. I have to check out my electric bill soon to see what I'm paying, I could be wasting money here not even realizing yet.

And yet, another question. On ALL my C1's I have all the tubes are still clear. You can see right through them. No residue or anything on the inside, EXCEPT that one damn C1 I'm always having trouble with. While I was troubleshooting my bubble issue I noticed the hose going from the miner to the radiator was a weird color. So I emptied out some of the coolant and replaced that host with a fresh new one. Now the new hose is starting to form this algae or whatever it is inside the hose. This is just a matter of days to a week here. Should not happen. I have used nothing else in the loop except the coolant recommended by Dogie in the first post. All my other C1's are running this same coolant and all 5 of them still have clear hoses. All except this one C1. It's like a cursed C1. What could be causing this green crap to stick on the inside of the hose? Any sugggestions? All the other hoses in the loop are fine. Just the one hose. It seems every weekend I have a weird baffling issue with this C1. I guess it doesn't like me. Here is a picture so you know what I'm talking about.

Hmm. The presence of algae suggests you've got open air access somewhere. Has your fluid level been dropping over time?

Fluid level has been fine since I filled it only 3/4 of the way. Soon as those air pockets start to fill up in the radiator. I notice the reservoir rise up a little. The question is, why is it happening to only one tube in the loop? All the other ones are fine. This one C1 is making me nuts. I haven't had to touch to the other ones since I got them. This one running in my kitchen for a little heat I've had to spend quite some time on it.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Bubbleman is back!

legendary
Personal text my ass....
Bubbleman is back!

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Yup sure can

Slap them on BTCGuild for a speed run. Who knows what is going on at that pool.
Pages:
Jump to: