Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 33. (Read 129054 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Bought everything as a kit. I called the Colorado support facility and the guy said all he can do is have me ship my entire system over to them and they will find out what is wrong with it and fix, no matter what it is. So I lose a couple weeks mining, big deal, and have to pay to ship that and my cooling system to Colorado. Hey, at least their willing to help. What's BitmainWarranty going to do? They would have probably told me to do the same thing. Only thing that bothers me is having to pay shipping for an in warranty product. I'll remember that next time when wave of new hardware comes a along. Other companies provide you shipping labels.

WHAT IS OUR RADIATOR MADE OUT OF? THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE KIT? ALUMINUM OR COPPER?

[BitmainWarranty is the Denver, Colorado centre, calling in is just a quicker way to contact them]. I think it is the best solution to return it now, as whatever stuff is growing in that loop will be all up inside those blocks as well. I'm here to see if we can help people remotely without having to ship stuff across a country / continent as then everyone loses out.

They usually do provide labels but I guess its a bit of a confusing situation for them - let me know after its all completed if you're still out of pocket and I'll try and get it sorted.

My guess is copper.  They have always been very careful to say to use coolant not water.  That and it looks a copper "PD360" on their site we got: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html .   The two aluminum radiator's they show selling are much smaller then the one with kit.

I could be wrong if they used a specialty one for miners, but I'm highly guessing its their standard.

Yes, you have to assume its copper or there are copper components. In several points in the listings (all changed by now) there has been a mention of copper on both the radiator and the fittings [internal coating]. You can see within the chamber of the radiator that there is definitely some form of dark orange coating, which may be brass or copper. So tldr, be safe and assume there is copper and aluminium within the same loop.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
So you are going to chalk this up to algae, when I have 5 other C1's with running with no problems at all. Then especially hearing from another person having the same problem right after my post indicates there may be some issue. And the coolant that's in there now is only 2 days old. I completely dumped all the old coolant when I switched my hose/pump. And that was only 2 days old. There is a problem with this miner. Algae is just a quick excuse to blame it on something we don't know about yet.

Huh I was explaining the symptoms, I never said it was your fault or anyone elses. Anyway, the buildup of gas you demonstrated in the video is due photosynthesis. How long ago did you purchase?

They were shipped on January 13th.

I also replaced the hoses. The only way to figure this out is a process of elimination here. I need a radiator and a miner. If Bitmain stands behind his products and warranty I'll gladly replace the radiator first and see what happens and if that that help, then there's no only one part left, the miner. Should I contact the warranty center in Colorado?

Did you buy the combo from Bitmain or separate cooling order from syscooling?

If it's the same as it was combo I believe Bitmain will help.   If you got the cooling system from a syscooling order then you have to go through them. (This might have changed but it was this).

Bought everything as a kit. I called the Colorado support facility and the guy said all he can do is have me ship my entire system over to them and they will find out what is wrong with it and fix, no matter what it is. So I lose a couple weeks mining, big deal, and have to pay to ship that and my cooling system to Colorado. Hey, at least their willing to help. What's BitmainWarranty going to do? They would have probably told me to do the same thing. Only thing that bothers me is having to pay shipping for an in warranty product. I'll remember that next time when wave of new hardware comes a along. Other companies provide you shipping labels.

WHAT IS OUR RADIATOR MADE OUT OF? THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE KIT? ALUMINUM OR COPPER?

My guess is copper.  They have always been very careful to say to use coolant not water.  That and it looks a copper "PD360" on their site we got: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html .   The two aluminum radiator's they show selling are much smaller then the one with kit.

I could be wrong if they used a specialty one for miners, but I'm highly guessing its their standard.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
So you are going to chalk this up to algae, when I have 5 other C1's with running with no problems at all. Then especially hearing from another person having the same problem right after my post indicates there may be some issue. And the coolant that's in there now is only 2 days old. I completely dumped all the old coolant when I switched my hose/pump. And that was only 2 days old. There is a problem with this miner. Algae is just a quick excuse to blame it on something we don't know about yet.

Huh I was explaining the symptoms, I never said it was your fault or anyone elses. Anyway, the buildup of gas you demonstrated in the video is due photosynthesis. How long ago did you purchase?

I also replaced the hoses. The only way to figure this out is a process of elimination here. I need a radiator and a miner. If Bitmain stands behind his products and warranty I'll gladly replace the radiator first and see what happens and if that that help, then there's no only one part left, the miner. Should I contact the warranty center in Colorado?

If it's the same as it was combo I believe Bitmain will help.   If you got the cooling system from a syscooling order then you have to go through them. (This might have changed but it was this).

legendary
Activity: 1456

If it's the same as it was combo I believe Bitmain will help.   If you got the cooling system from a syscooling order then you have to go through them. (This might have changed but it was this).
legendary
Personal text my ass....

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Open the loop and take that stuff out on a piece of paper!!!
or continue chatting with the bitmain employee and have 0 results!!!
legendary
Personal text my ass....
Heat causes the liquid to expand causing the pressure.  These pumps can't handle the pressure, that's why I believe mine failed.

Not in this case, he said he preheated the coolant before closing it.

Ok, please watch this youtube video I made of my pump spewing out the coolant only after one night. This was with the fill hole closed of course. If the fill hole was open, there would be no way for the pressure to build up.

http://youtu.be/15kbEGTvnqE

I'm not sure this place allows videos to be embedded into the post, I doubt it, but here it is. It is 720P, so it is hi-def if you want to change it while watching. Can anyone explain how all that pressure gets in the system? And the green under the miner itself is from a leak somewhere, which I think is from the aluminum block and that in itself is sucking in air when the fill hole is closed. I have to get this fixed.

Bitmainwarranty, I'm going to need somekind of RMA for this. This shouldn't happen.

EDIT: The green coolant leak that's right in front of the miner ( as you can see it is green ) only happens when the fill cap it fully closed. If the fill cap is open, nothing leaks out and the paper towel stays white.

So because you're coolant level returns after you open it, its NOT expansion, and as far as we know its NOT a leak. What you have going on there is the algae or whatever it is producing gas. That's why you're getting bubbles accumulating and that's why you're getting the pressure build up.

Edit: I agree with your assertation that the 'leak' on the miner is a by product of the excess pressure rather than a leak leak per se.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Heat causes the liquid to expand causing the pressure.  These pumps can't handle the pressure, that's why I believe mine failed.

Not in this case, he said he preheated the coolant before closing it.

Ok, please watch this youtube video I made of my pump spewing out the coolant only after one night. This was with the fill hole closed of course. If the fill hole was open, there would be no way for the pressure to build up.

I'm not sure this place allows videos to be embedded into the post, I doubt it, but here it is. It is 720P, so it is hi-def if you want to change it while watching. Can anyone explain how all that pressure gets in the system? And the green under the miner itself is from a leak somewhere, which I think is from the aluminum block and that in itself is sucking in air when the fill hole is closed. I have to get this fixed.

Bitmainwarranty, I'm going to need somekind of RMA for this. This shouldn't happen.

EDIT: The green coolant leak that's right in front of the miner ( as you can see it is green ) only happens when the fill cap it fully closed. If the fill cap is open, nothing leaks out and the paper towel stays white.

So because you're coolant level returns after you open it, its NOT expansion, and as far as we know its NOT a leak. What you have going on there is the algae or whatever it is producing gas. That's why you're getting bubbles accumulating and that's why you're getting the pressure build up.

Edit: I agree with your assertation that the 'leak' on the miner is a by product of the excess pressure rather than a leak leak per se.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
I want to get my one problematic C1 fixed. If I tighten the fill hole on top of the pump it will start leaking and build so much pressure and possibly blow the loop. If I keep the fill hole open, no leaks. What is the easiest way to troubleshoot and find out if this system has a leak or a small hole somewhere sucking in air? Air HAS to be getting into the system somehow. I'm willing to run, if possible, the entire miner out of the black box, but there seriously is a problem. For warranty purposes the only thing I could do is tighten the fill hole and then when it starts to build enough pressure and make noise I'll record a small video showing me opening the fill hole.

Is there anyplace the coolant can leak out while inside the aluminum block, or just in the front where they connect with that little rubber hose?

I am having the same problem with one of my C1. if the fill hole on the pump is open I have no leaking, but if I close it after some time I get a leak. the pressure builds up from the heat.

sometimes I have a leakage where the reservoair is, but sometimes I have a leakage in the aluminum block somewhere.

any solution to this problem bitmain?
Bitmain and/or syscooling should just take this c1 to investigate what is wrong with it! and give you another ''new'' one
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Heat causes the liquid to expand causing the pressure.  These pumps can't handle the pressure, that's why I believe mine failed.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Oh boy!
Get a fan speed regulator and set the C1 fan on minimum level. I have this in +24C ambient and it keeps it running < 50C.
OR I have been running with opened C1 chassis without a fan, also < 50C. Dont let the C1 regulate its fan, its too damn noisy Sad

Cheers, do you recommend any particular fan controller?

http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Kaze-3-5-Fan-Controller/dp/B002JH1ARY

This one. I have connected all fans into it - three on the radiator and one on the C1 unit. Works 24/7 for some time now, without any probs Smiley
legendary
Personal text my ass....

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Coolant ->in should always be in parallel, same goes for coolant out.  The water block design is made such that once flow through the orifice is calculated, the feeder trunk should have a certain pressure and head maintained.

This current pump can do up to 21ft of head, 3-4gpm.  Pump type wilo star 21.  It is perfectly suited for this application. Ebay for about 65$ US new. 

If anyone is interested I can create a BOM and people can use it. 
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Enough with this piddly little radiator shiat.  I sick and tired of reading how their "little pumps" are failing.  Those pumps aren't meant to meet the demand of 24/7 bitcoin mining use.  They are made for PC's.

I had got my idea from this genius:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-c1-liquid-cooled-by-chevrolet-853669

and here is my setup:
this can take up to 10-12 c1's.  I've connected only 4 just as a proof of concept.

I'm sure some of the Chinese mines are running CRAZY setups. Would you run 12 in parallel, series or a combination?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Enough with this piddly little radiator shiat.  I sick and tired of reading how their "little pumps" are failing.  Those pumps aren't meant to meet the demand of 24/7 bitcoin mining use.  They are made for PC's.

I had got my idea from this genius:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-c1-liquid-cooled-by-chevrolet-853669

and here is my setup:

this can take up to 10-12 c1's.  I've connected only 4 just as a proof of concept.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Get a fan speed regulator and set the C1 fan on minimum level. I have this in +24C ambient and it keeps it running < 50C.
OR I have been running with opened C1 chassis without a fan, also < 50C. Dont let the C1 regulate its fan, its too damn noisy Sad

Cheers, do you recommend any particular fan controller?
Maybe you should post in an pc watercooling forum, there are a lot of experienced guys in there

U should open the wc loop and take out that stuff, to see exactly what it is:
slimy = algae
mineral = aluminium
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Also dogie you said "Water + copper + aluminium = galvanic corrosion = no go for C1s" well the coolant you suggested, that Ironside brand from Amazon is just distilled water and a biocide premix. What's the difference with me using my own distilled water?

Its not ideal but its double distilled and then sealed, which will get you further than mixing distilled solutions up.
Pages:
Jump to: