Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 47. (Read 129054 times)

Activity: 637
Merit: 502
December 29, 2014, 09:08:41 AM
My pump died within 2 months of batch 2!

I've emailed bitmain for rma details...

Anyone else had this problem in batch 2??

Do you have an idea of what went wrong?

Did you fill the reservoir completely or you leaved some air?

Did you tighten the reservoir cap tightly or you leaved a loose so air could escape if the pressure is too high?

At some point did you run the pump without water?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 29, 2014, 07:31:31 AM
Oh I didn't have any specific cooling liquid so I am using distilled water at the moment?

You will have problems due to the mix of copper and aluminium in the loop. I have no idea over what timescale it will become a problem, but it would be advisable to add an additive or swap out to dedicated coolant which won't have the same problem.

thanks for the info I will have a scan round for some decent water cooling liquid.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
December 29, 2014, 07:25:28 AM
Oh I didn't have any specific cooling liquid so I am using distilled water at the moment?

You will have problems due to the mix of copper and aluminium in the loop. I have no idea over what timescale it will become a problem, but it would be advisable to add an additive or swap out to dedicated coolant which won't have the same problem.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 29, 2014, 06:14:09 AM
I received my C1 today, on reading Doggie's guide and the cooling system notes I received, I concluded that I didn't want to power the cooling rig directly from the C1,
I bought 3 Molex pentuim fan cables, two for the Radiator fans and one for the pump. Although the pump is a 4 pin unit when I checked with the supplied harness,
only two pin's are used to power the pump in the same wiring setup as a fan. So with a bit of care you can plug the 3 pin fan connector into the 4 pin pump connector.

Now I could setup and test the water cooling without the main  C1 being powered. After getting most of the air bubbles out and testing for leaks for a few hours,
I applied all the PCIE connectors and started the unit up. I nice surprise is that with the C1 I can connected from my adsl modem network view page on the hostname which I
couldn't do with my S3's.

So far hashing at 990 GH/S in stock setup and running temps of 41/42 across all blades, room temp is about 25 C.

I am impressed with the noise I was running 4 S3's in my office holy cow that was a little noisy.
I will need to go though most of this thread seeing what pumps people are switching to, as I am not real sure I will get a long run out of the stock unit.

Also I am running a Coolmaster V1000 gold psu seem to have all the right connectors and big single rail required for a C1.

Cheers

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
December 29, 2014, 05:52:08 AM

May I ask if you were using tap water, distilled water or coolent?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 29, 2014, 03:21:20 AM

Could you please kindly send emails to [email protected]?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 29, 2014, 02:40:38 AM

It's a painful process with syscooling.  They will want multiple videos of troubleshooting it with various tutorials that they forward to you.  It could take over two weeks.  My pump was DOA and after back and forth I bought a XSPC that is build much better.  Although at about 70 usd.

Careful with those, I've had about 20 failed XSPC pumps over the years, at least. The good high quality pumps tend to cost an arm and a leg unfortunately, so XSPC always looks enticing.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2014, 12:18:28 AM

It's a painful process with syscooling.  They will want multiple videos of troubleshooting it with various tutorials that they forward to you.  It could take over two weeks.  My pump was DOA and after back and forth I bought a XSPC that is build much better.  Although at about 70 usd.

I wont go into my story again on pumps.  But i bought 2 of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/380693788606 still working great. 
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
December 28, 2014, 10:56:04 PM

It's a painful process with syscooling.  They will want multiple videos of troubleshooting it with various tutorials that they forward to you.  It could take over two weeks.  My pump was DOA and after back and forth I bought a XSPC that is build much better.  Although at about 70 usd.
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
December 28, 2014, 10:22:47 PM

legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 28, 2014, 09:35:19 PM
i think it would have been a better idea to power this off molex from the factory, powering this off one of the blades is just a poor design to begin with

My C1 should arrive tomorrow so I have to ask.  The present stock design allows the C1 including pump to be run from 8 PCI-E 8 pin power?  That's all 12vdc.

And alternative wiring schemes have been shown to produce an equal hashrate with a reduction of power at the wall?  Anyone have any numbers on this last?  Or are the alternative wiring schemes for fan noise reduction?

Its 8x PCI-E 6 pin, which for a ~900W miner is overkill anyway. One of the PCI-E ports get take up with the standard harness, which powers the 3x radiator fans and the pump.

No other wiring arrangement will should do anything to power consumption unless you're slowing fans down.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 28, 2014, 09:33:38 PM
i think it would have been a better idea to power this off molex from the factory, powering this off one of the blades is just a poor design to begin with

Its actually a very good idea. The old harness required you to undo the case which is annoying as hell as you also have to remove the 8 PCI-E, before replacing it all again. The V2 harness simply plugs in immediately with no problems. A molex based harness is okay for some but not okay for others as not all power supplies have molexes. No industrial PSU which quite a portion of people use only have PCI-E cables. They could add molex cables by cutting up some extenders, but then you're back to just the PCI-E harness.
December 28, 2014, 07:45:36 PM

My C1 should arrive tomorrow so I have to ask.  The present stock design allows the C1 including pump to be run from 8 PCI-E 8 pin power?  That's all 12vdc.

And alternative wiring schemes have been shown to produce an equal hashrate with a reduction of power at the wall?  Anyone have any numbers on this last?  Or are the alternative wiring schemes for fan noise reduction?

If you are refering to my mod. This is only for quieter operation if you live in a cold area. Now I'm running the fans on 8.7v instead of 12v.
soy
legendary
December 28, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

My C1 should arrive tomorrow so I have to ask.  The present stock design allows the C1 including pump to be run from 8 PCI-E 8 pin power?  That's all 12vdc.

And alternative wiring schemes have been shown to produce an equal hashrate with a reduction of power at the wall?  Anyone have any numbers on this last?  Or are the alternative wiring schemes for fan noise reduction?
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
December 28, 2014, 10:43:52 AM
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
December 28, 2014, 03:28:56 AM
BITMAIN

you are overwriting etc/cgminer.conf.factory, etc/init.d/bitmainer_setup.sh, etc/init.d/cgminer.sh, etc/rcS.d/S37bitmainer_setup.sh and etc/rcS.d/S70cgminer.sh on system start

where is the source of this? I want to disable
legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 28, 2014, 12:04:40 AM
How are you getting the 7vdc?

The red on 12v and the black on 5v. The difference in voltage is 7v. Google it.

For any kids reading, tape up your open terminals Tongue

I think it's not dangerous if I only touch the terminals with my fingers. But I better not short with something conductive. That part was overlooked in the project. I just wrap the whole thing with electrical tape?

Its probably more dangerous for the supply than it is for you, but the same principles applies regardless of if its 0.1A or 10A. If the tape is decent quality then yeah you can just tape the hell out of it if you don't need access.
soy
legendary
December 27, 2014, 11:51:38 PM

I think it's not dangerous if I only touch the terminals with my fingers. But I better not short with something conductive. That part was overlooked in the project. I just wrap the whole thing with electrical tape?

Ah yes.  Happy it works for you.   Personally I'd be hesitant with switching supplies.
December 27, 2014, 11:48:35 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/

Molex cable is not used by anything in most C1 installs so use one of those to this and you have 6 3 pin connectors.

If you switch the pins on the molex connector that connect to this splitter you can obtain 12v, 7v or 5v. Thats another way to do my mod.
December 27, 2014, 10:59:16 PM

Pages:
Jump to: