Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 68. (Read 129054 times)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250
November 26, 2014, 02:16:12 AM
I made sure to ditch the shabby wire harness. Who wants to blow up a board?

what is this board called again? and do they sell it at frys? this will just plugin to the psu correct and then plug fans/pump into board?

I have searched frys.com for 4pin moled to 4 pin board etc and can find nothing. I need to find this board because my c1 will be in tomorrow and want to buy it locally so i can have it tomorrow when it comes.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
November 26, 2014, 01:42:21 AM
I made sure to ditch the shabby wire harness. Who wants to blow up a board?

legendary
Personal text my ass....
November 26, 2014, 01:30:09 AM
Fan splitter PCB,sales only $3(postage not included),could be added in watercooling kit.
saving space

Does it just work on radiator fans?  I dont see pump spot.  

You did take my idea of using a board instead of your cables....  

Here is molex to 3 pin made by proper liquid cooling company http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416652659&sr=8-3&keywords=molex+to+fan .

I plugged my 4 pin pump end right into the 3 pin PCB I got from FrozenCPU and it is powering it just fine.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
November 26, 2014, 01:19:57 AM
Does it matter which hoses go into the radiator, just as long as as the output of the hot water goes into the bottom of the pump? Seems the hoses are backwards here, but temps are good and it is hashing well. Take a look.

There is no problem in your connection.But personally I think it's better to let hot water go  into the top of the radiator,since the pump would be under less pressure.Parts of cooling kit improved,online video haven't change yet,we will replace with a new one as soon as possible.

Syscooling, I set it up just as it is in your video. Now you are saying there is a better way to hook everything up and you are going to create a new one now? Please get with the program and up to speed on your own products.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
November 26, 2014, 01:17:47 AM
What the hell. Now I have a complete row of X's. Is my miner slowly dying here?

BITMAIN- help!

I have an S2 that behaves like this.  It'll run for a week or so and then an X appears.  Sometimes if I power cycle it, it'll go away.  Other times, I get more Xs.  It's luck of the draw for me.  Right now I've got 3 Xs, but it's running at 1 TH/s so I'm ignoring it.  It's always been like this.  I've replaced two chains, and the power board, and it still does it.  It has an oversized PSU in it as well.

If I were you I'd work with Bitmain and get it replaced.  If you're in the US, make sure you work with the Colorado branch, much quicker than the China branch.

M

S2s are different (in regards to the cause), C1s should fail like S3s. What PSU are you using, and are you sure there is no leaks?

I'm using an Corsair RM1000 and there aren't any leaks at all because I haven't needed to top anything off for a while.  If I could just get 1000GH/s out of my units which is why I bought them I'd be happy. And now my Dad's C1 one of his entire boards is dead. Reads no temp and has -------------- on ASIC status area. I'm starting to doubt the reliability of this hardware. Will there be any compensation for when shipping hardware all the way back to China if needed?
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
November 26, 2014, 01:02:07 AM
Here is another question that very remotely might be related to firmware or may be is a non-issue.
I will be very specific. Mining on f2pool, I noticed that my old S2' s GHS is closer to what shows up on workers page of account.
But for C1 (runs on 225MHz), the miner shows 900+ GH/S(5s) and f2pool shows less say 689 (20 min avg). It goes little up and down but stays way less than the one on miner. I watched on miner consistently and that number stays close to 900 on miner. This is a one time test and I didnot repeat and could be just a temp weird situation but did get my curiosity.

Anyone can please explain this or has anyone else noticed this ever.
Am afraid to upgrade S2 firmware to new version with cgminer 4.6  for that reason bcz C1 has 4.6 (latest firmware).

Forget whatever the miner says, whatever the pool says you are getting is what hashing speed you are getting. If you are only receiving 689 that's in all intent and purposes that's like half the mining speed. These are "guaranteed" for 1000GH/s. If the hardware can't make that guarantee, does Bitmain compensate in anyway like the other companies do?

He's mining on p2p, not an actual pool.
btw, I am mining on pps pool not p2p.

Try a more mainstream pool and post a picture of your dashboard.
Which ones are more mainstream pools. I only know a few names Ghash, f2pool, BTCGuild and slush.
Ghash.io and Slush
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
November 26, 2014, 12:41:21 AM
Here is another question that very remotely might be related to firmware or may be is a non-issue.
I will be very specific. Mining on f2pool, I noticed that my old S2' s GHS is closer to what shows up on workers page of account.
But for C1 (runs on 225MHz), the miner shows 900+ GH/S(5s) and f2pool shows less say 689 (20 min avg). It goes little up and down but stays way less than the one on miner. I watched on miner consistently and that number stays close to 900 on miner. This is a one time test and I didnot repeat and could be just a temp weird situation but did get my curiosity.

Anyone can please explain this or has anyone else noticed this ever.
Am afraid to upgrade S2 firmware to new version with cgminer 4.6  for that reason bcz C1 has 4.6 (latest firmware).

Forget whatever the miner says, whatever the pool says you are getting is what hashing speed you are getting. If you are only receiving 689 that's in all intent and purposes that's like half the mining speed. These are "guaranteed" for 1000GH/s. If the hardware can't make that guarantee, does Bitmain compensate in anyway like the other companies do?

He's mining on p2p, not an actual pool.
btw, I am mining on pps pool not p2p.

Try a more mainstream pool and post a picture of your dashboard.
Which ones are more mainstream pools. I only know a few names Ghash, f2pool, BTCGuild and slush.
November 26, 2014, 12:35:22 AM
good news cyber niggas...  Shocked Shocked

both packages updated to Anchorage, AK, United States

cya on the flip tomm around 3pm pst for full pics
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 25, 2014, 09:38:41 PM
Fan splitter PCB,sales only $3(postage not included),could be added in watercooling kit.
saving space

Here is molex to 3 pin made by proper liquid cooling company http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-3-Pin-Splitter-Connection/dp/B007S3T4O0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416652659&sr=8-3&keywords=molex+to+fan .

It could be used for previous 3 pin wiring harness,just one more choice,and we didn't sale it before,only for testing,after I saw your advice,I think it's a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 25, 2014, 08:04:38 PM
will the RM1000w damage the c-1 miner (looks like it should cover)? Will the 1200w be okay running 3 s'3s?

I've been running 6x s3's on the 2x 1200wRM for almost 3 weeks now with zero issues. It's right on the limit 340w s3 x 3 = 1020 watts.... Is this very bad? It's been very stable with no heat stone cold to touch on all the equipment. Will this damage the psu quicker over time? Any info will help I would like to buy more of thse to power 3 s3's at a time. They seem very steady, reliable, and affordable.

Ive run 3x S3 units (not s3+) on a corsair 1200W without problem, but its pushing the limit. I now only run 2 on it though.

the reason? ATX GOLD supplies like it tend to be most efficient at 230V and ~70% load. At 90%+ load the efficiency drops from 92-93% to 85-88%, which adds up over time.

so basically you're saying that my power billy per supply will be about 15% or so more because its running max?

we will see what comes tomorrow..im hopeful but i have two tracking numbers. one is for the miner which appears to be tied in customs now and will be flow in my location tonight (no est. delivery date)... the other package which i would guess is the cooling system is saying its still in china (but delivery set for tomm wednesday)

hope it comes w everything... what a mind fk lol

Yes there is a sweet spot  The RM1000 does a pretty good job with this using around 800 watts and then power for cooling set up

Bitmain is great on shipping.  They will get it there fast.  On syscooling I have been waiting on two RMA's for almost 3 weeks or so.
November 25, 2014, 07:44:35 PM
will the RM1000w damage the c-1 miner (looks like it should cover)? Will the 1200w be okay running 3 s'3s?

I've been running 6x s3's on the 2x 1200wRM for almost 3 weeks now with zero issues. It's right on the limit 340w s3 x 3 = 1020 watts.... Is this very bad? It's been very stable with no heat stone cold to touch on all the equipment. Will this damage the psu quicker over time? Any info will help I would like to buy more of thse to power 3 s3's at a time. They seem very steady, reliable, and affordable.

Ive run 3x S3 units (not s3+) on a corsair 1200W without problem, but its pushing the limit. I now only run 2 on it though.

the reason? ATX GOLD supplies like it tend to be most efficient at 230V and ~70% load. At 90%+ load the efficiency drops from 92-93% to 85-88%, which adds up over time.

so basically you're saying that my power billy per supply will be about 15% or so more because its running max?

we will see what comes tomorrow..im hopeful but i have two tracking numbers. one is for the miner which appears to be tied in customs now and will be flow in my location tonight (no est. delivery date)... the other package which i would guess is the cooling system is saying its still in china (but delivery set for tomm wednesday)

hope it comes w everything... what a mind fk lol
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
November 25, 2014, 07:17:00 PM

Activity: 338
November 25, 2014, 02:21:11 PM
EVGA 1300 G2 fits your bill.
November 25, 2014, 04:44:26 AM
these guys are saying 5yr warrenty  Shocked

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/281792-28-just-raidmax

is this accurate? Thanks sir!

btw im almost to 50 doge from random faucets Cheesy

then i saw this

http://raidmax.com/document/RAIDMAX_WARRANTY.pdf

basically might as well not have even made that because it allows raidmax to exlcude themselves from anything.. :/

I'll probably be switching is guess. So what is a good psu that will power 3 s4's without any issues for the next batche's ill be ordering? Something $200 usd or less?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
November 25, 2014, 03:31:30 AM
@dogie... major bummer... so i know this is off thread but will the rm1200w be okay for 3 s3's?

ive been running 6 of the s3s for 3-4 weeks now w no problems on 2 rm1200. my concern is the rails only max at 1020w and obviously 3x s3 = 1020 watts also...

dont want my psu's to fry prematurley.  i guess it will be fine but ill be losing sleep about this now.  if the rails are rated at 1020w and 3x s3 is 1020 these supplies are usually built to withstand max rated load (as opposed to 15a breaker wich youre supposed to leave 30% headroom on the circut. im guessing these psu's are slightly underrated for saftey reasons and if they havent shutdown by now well im good....

im just worried about premature failure but i also know they whould shutdown if i was overdrawwing... please someone answer with specifics so i can get some rest :////

No one can tell you. If they die, RMA them.
November 25, 2014, 02:44:06 AM
@dogie... major bummer... so i know this is off thread but will the rm1200w be okay for 3 s3's?

ive been running 6 of the s3s for 3-4 weeks now w no problems on 2 rm1200. my concern is the rails only max at 1020w and obviously 3x s3 = 1020 watts also...

dont want my psu's to fry prematurley.  i guess it will be fine but ill be losing sleep about this now.  if the rails are rated at 1020w and 3x s3 is 1020 these supplies are usually built to withstand max rated load (as opposed to 15a breaker wich youre supposed to leave 30% headroom on the circut. im guessing these psu's are slightly underrated for saftey reasons and if they havent shutdown by now well im good....

im just worried about premature failure but i also know they whould shutdown if i was overdrawwing... please someone answer with specifics so i can get some rest :////
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
November 25, 2014, 01:59:35 AM
i got lucky

i found a rm 1kw @frys they price match newegg for me Cheesy

on top of that i purchased 2 1200w rm a couple weeks ago for 199... I found them on newegg for 139 right before i left. How cool cause i save 42$ on each 1200w which came to 84$ price match savings to cover 2/3 the cost of my 1000w for the c-1 Cheesy

So now all i wait for is the c-1 with the fix cooling system.

Where did you find it for that?  I cant find 139 that is a great deal

RM1000 is $225 in the UK....
November 25, 2014, 12:13:23 AM
i got lucky

on top of that i purchased 2 1200w rm a couple weeks ago for 199... I found them on newegg for 139 right before i left. How cool cause i save 42$ on each 1200w which came to 84$ price match savings to cover 2/3 the cost of my 1000w for the c-1 Cheesy

Where did you find it for that?  I cant find 139 that is a great deal

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152045&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817152045&gclid=CjwKEAiAy8ujBRCY6c-hveijhFASJAAcyGicL71vn4E2x1_s-o6SL_EyRe8JMNYOLQ3ayVKtY2YbhhoCUKzw_wcB

it really is a great deal. us psu's are much safer and if there is fire its THERE fault. Which is key because they have to autoshutdown if any problems. They just dropped the price too i think. Take care

Careful, that supply doesn't have a single 12v rail, it's got 4 x 40A.  It's only rated at 1,020 watts on the 12v rails.

Activity: 338
November 25, 2014, 12:03:06 AM
i got lucky

Where did you find it for that?  I cant find 139 that is a great deal

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152045&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817152045&gclid=CjwKEAiAy8ujBRCY6c-hveijhFASJAAcyGicL71vn4E2x1_s-o6SL_EyRe8JMNYOLQ3ayVKtY2YbhhoCUKzw_wcB

it really is a great deal. us psu's are much safer and if there is fire its THERE fault. Which is key because they have to autoshutdown if any problems. They just dropped the price too i think. Take care

Careful, that supply doesn't have a single 12v rail, it's got 4 x 40A.  It's only rated at 1,020 watts on the 12v rails.
legendary
Activity: 1456
November 25, 2014, 12:02:36 AM
saving space

Pages:
Jump to: