Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 54. (Read 137431 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I am hoping to see these listed for sale on the US site very soon  Grin

They are - but the shipping is still going to be from China

legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
I am hoping to see these listed for sale on the US site very soon  Grin
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Miners should start arriving this week for people who ordered them.  So it is going to be an interesting week to watch what happens.  I second Crackfoo on this one.  If the L3's can run well on multipools it will help a lot to get ROI.  

Hopefully you two are right. But if history is any guide, I wouldn't count on it. I couldn't get my S9s to be reliable on any multipool.

That may turn out to be an advantage for the A4's then.  The Batch 3 and upgraded B1/B2's are running fine on multcoin pools now.  So that may tip it in favor of the A4's.  We should start to hear of L3's showing up this week so it will be interesting to see what happens.  I am sure we will get some early reports here.  Huh Grin
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Miners should start arriving this week for people who ordered them.  So it is going to be an interesting week to watch what happens.  I second Crackfoo on this one.  If the L3's can run well on multipools it will help a lot to get ROI.  

Hopefully you two are right. But if history is any guide, I wouldn't count on it. I couldn't get my S9s to be reliable on any multipool.
legendary
If the price of 1.78 BTC is accurate, there's no hope of ROI.

The bitcoinwisdom calculator came up with over 1188 days with no end in sight (that's as far ahead as the calculator will show) with a 3% difficulty increase, 2% pool fee, 20 day delivery (who knows when they'll ship), and free electricity.

I guess anyone buying these have to be optimistic about the difficulty flattening some months down the road after the spike once the L3 is released. Also they'd have to be willing to trust that the L3 will be more reliable than the S9.

As much as I'm intrigued by the idea of the L3, I'll probably sit this one out.

Somehow you have a very significant systematic error in your calculations.

ROI is 290 days having an electricity price of 10c (US) - which is very good

I used bitcoinwisdom.com's litecoin mining calculator. Just ran the numbers again and got the same answer.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

The bitcoinwisdom calculator came up with over 1188 days with no end in sight (that's as far ahead as the calculator will show) with a 3% difficulty increase, 2% pool fee, 20 day delivery (who knows when they'll ship), and free electricity.

I guess anyone buying these have to be optimistic about the difficulty flattening some months down the road after the spike once the L3 is released. Also they'd have to be willing to trust that the L3 will be more reliable than the S9.

hoping they are able to handle multipools and you're chances of ROI will be much better.
The problem will likely be the flood of L3's coming online and the massive increase in difficulty.  Profitability is likely going to get squeezed pretty hard here. 

I am trying not to be negative, but I think we have already seen the precursor with the big spike recently that we thought was the A4's.  Most likely that was due to the L3's and not as much the A4's.  Just a wild guess on my part, but it certainly fits the time line.  Not sure that these miners will be profitable for very long.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

There are at least 6 different coins with reasonably good profitability. My guess everybody will mine GAME and LTC, so difficulty spike will be with those coins.

Mainly miners will be purchased by Chinese.

So from reselling point - having miner in US and available for immediate shipping will allow to keep price on it very close to purchasing one.

The problem will likely be the flood of L3's coming online and the massive increase in difficulty.  Profitability is likely going to get squeezed pretty hard here. 

I am trying not to be negative, but I think we have already seen the precursor with the big spike recently that we thought was the A4's.  Most likely that was due to the L3's and not as much the A4's.  Just a wild guess on my part, but it certainly fits the time line.  Not sure that these miners will be profitable for very long.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

Somehow you have a very significant systematic error in your calculations.

ROI is 290 days having an electricity price of 10c (US) - which is very good
legendary

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

Here is the placeholder site on the China end. Just to show whats around there.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020161229040715306ygMSJQLh06C0

I tried direct as well and here's the response I got from Bitmain Sales

"Sharif (Bitmain)
Jan 6, 01:01 CST
Hi,

We do not have L3 miners for sale now.

Please wait for updates - https://shop.bitmain.com/main.htm?lang=en

Always order products directly from our website: www.bitmain.com"

Looks like they've sold out B1.

Yes - they sold first batch completely from the plant.

There are several sites which will start shipping from 01/09 - majority of them are highly reputable.

Usually price is ~$1800 with delivery.

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
The deal fell apart.  I couldn't find a way to protect the buyer.  They wanted wire transfer only, and I had no way of validating the person I was speaking with as being from the company he claimed to be.  So I had to terminate the discussion with them. 

I tried direct as well and here's the response I got from Bitmain Sales

"Sharif (Bitmain)
Jan 6, 01:01 CST
Hi,

We do not have L3 miners for sale now.

Please wait for updates - https://shop.bitmain.com/main.htm?lang=en

Always order products directly from our website: www.bitmain.com"

Looks like they've sold out B1.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
alibaba is a marketplace somewhat similar to eBay, or what Amazon.com has turned into, NOT a specific company.

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
which coin we can mine from this Antminer L3 other than litecoin ?

Lots really...

http://www.zpool.ca/site/gomining?algo=scrypt

Cheers

Any that are actually useful? I just went in for 2 via alibaba (had 5% cashback + free shipping)...
How has alibaba worked out for you? Thinking about trying them but I live in North America and have ever used them
Ok, Just throwing a feeler out there to see who is interested...  

I am talking with someone in China who says he can get us the L3's at a pretty good cost.  I am pressing him for the details now and will flush out if this is real or not.  If it does turn out to be real I might be crazy enough to try and setup a group buy on these things.  

So let me know if you might be interested, and how many units you would be wanting.  I have no idea on the price yet, but let's just use the mythical number $1600 each plus shipping.  Could be higher, could be lower.  Use that as a planning number for the moment.  Also if we do a large order there will be customs to pay so we have to keep that in mind also.

So let me know what you guys think.   Right now I can say that the info I have so far is quite sketchy so I don't know how real this is...  But thought it would be worth putting feelers out to see how many we might want if we can get them for a decent price.  This will give me a possible planning number for trying to push for the best price possible.  Thanks!

So let me know:
Yes, ready to make a commitment if this is real, I want <#>
No, No thanks I will wait for Bitmain to make them available
Maybe, I need more info, but I might want <#>
If you can get them for less than $1580, put me down for 10 please.
PM me once you have more details.

The deal fell apart.  I couldn't find a way to protect the buyer.  They wanted wire transfer only, and I had no way of validating the person I was speaking with as being from the company he claimed to be.  So I had to terminate the discussion with them. 

I did suggest that they join the forum here and build a reputation.  They would have no issues selling their product directly here once people know them.  I hope they will take that advice.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Ok, Just throwing a feeler out there to see who is interested...  

I am talking with someone in China who says he can get us the L3's at a pretty good cost.  I am pressing him for the details now and will flush out if this is real or not.  If it does turn out to be real I might be crazy enough to try and setup a group buy on these things.  

So let me know if you might be interested, and how many units you would be wanting.  I have no idea on the price yet, but let's just use the mythical number $1600 each plus shipping.  Could be higher, could be lower.  Use that as a planning number for the moment.  Also if we do a large order there will be customs to pay so we have to keep that in mind also.

So let me know what you guys think.   Right now I can say that the info I have so far is quite sketchy so I don't know how real this is...  But thought it would be worth putting feelers out to see how many we might want if we can get them for a decent price.  This will give me a possible planning number for trying to push for the best price possible.  Thanks!

So let me know:
Yes, ready to make a commitment if this is real, I want <#>
No, No thanks I will wait for Bitmain to make them available
Maybe, I need more info, but I might want <#>
If you can get them for less than $1580, put me down for 10 please.
PM me once you have more details.
A search online brings up very little information.  That price isn't too bad.  Not as much gouging as the others if you buy from them direct, but not to inspiring that I don't see much about them.

Yep - kinda risky. But price is really good

If you decide to order make sure to let us know how it goes.  If the company is legit they could use some good press here on the forum.  If they are a bad actor it would be good to know that as well.  I am sure a lot of people would be willing to order if they knew if the site was legit.
A search online brings up very little information.  That price isn't too bad.  Not as much gouging as the others if you buy from them direct, but not to inspiring that I don't see much about them.

Yep - kinda risky. But price is really good

Pages:
Jump to: