Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 58. (Read 137431 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
I ordered one L3 to verify performance, I think for reasonable price at this day.($1899 with shipping)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Scrypt-Miner-250MH-Antminer-L3-Litecoin-Miner-for-Scrypt-Mining-Substitution-of-A4-Dominator/32786842019.html?

How can you tell if the aliexpress is legit? (Not a slam..is there a method or is it hope and a prayer?)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I ordered one L3 to verify performance, I think for reasonable price at this day.($1899 with shipping)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Scrypt-Miner-250MH-Antminer-L3-Litecoin-Miner-for-Scrypt-Mining-Substitution-of-A4-Dominator/32786842019.html?
copper member
Clueless!
Have a side thread on this comparing the KNC Titan 300mh the A4 270mh (hey they say 135mh a cube) and the supposed L3 Bitmain 250mh

I was SHOCKED at how very close the units above all were in monthly profit....still can't believe it Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17354618

This is gonna suck if the A4's go out like toasters..and bitmain ONLY knows how to throw stuff out in the world like toasters... Sad

we need ltc price pump and ltc to btc to get back to at least 0.008 ltc to btc imho

ugly,ugly,ugly

price and difficulty ..killed my BTC home mining dreams....looks like it is going in for the LTC home miner dreams as well Sad

edit: fixed link

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
With the crazy jump in difficulty since Dec. 27 potentially explained by these L3 units, the jump in hashrate would equate to about 1200 units being activated in a new data hall.  I'm guessing the bugs are well on their way to being worked  out.

I suspect a fair bit of that WOULD be new A4 units - but it did seem a bit extreme for nothing BUT A4s.

We're a bit overdue for a price war in Scrypt-mining land....

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
According to online calculators, we can earn millions of XMR if we use an ASIC. is that true?

Can't mine XMR with ANY ASIC device at this point - and definitely not with a SCRYPT algorythm device.

XMR sues a completely different algorythm.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
From what i can see nowadays with Asic, either you have a big lot of money to invest when new hardware get out, and then you make back on your investment, but if you don't have much to invest, it's probably going to be a loss.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
201GH - it is only 10% of total hashrate.
L3 will have no ROI only if the difficult will increase in 3 time (300% or 6 TH).
I dont think that it will be.

10% every 3 months = 40% increase annually and this is assuming that is only 201GH every 3 months, I doubt it will stay that low with Bitmain.

Doesn't sound like it's going down any Cheesy

I'm not saying it will Zero ROI for some but at the premium price today of ~$2400 for US buyers, here is some L3 Profitability Math.

This assumes a 0% Pool fee and .07 cent kwh electricity cost

At current LTC Price, 373 days at current difficulty is only going to get worse.

Oh and don't forget the halving that is currently clocking in at 963 days; that's going to change as well - http://www.litecoinblockhalf.com/

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002
201GH - it is only 10% of total hashrate.
L3 will have no ROI only if the difficult will increase in 3 time (300% or 6 TH).
I dont think that it will be.
So basically, as soon as those become available for all, they're pretty much dead as ROI goes ? ASIC market seems to have been cornered for a while....

Very likely because LTC difficulty is going to skyrocket and the only way they will ROI is LTC price jumps accordingly.

A2 Terminators will be basically the Antminer S1/S3 equivalent soon.
I dont think that the difficulty will go to skyrocket.

I refer you to this, imagine another 201GH on top of this hashrate and that number going up every 3-4 months by a similar amount, just like bitcoin mining because of the amount of production capability Bitmain has...

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002
So basically, as soon as those become available for all, they're pretty much dead as ROI goes ? ASIC market seems to have been cornered for a while....

Very likely because LTC difficulty is going to skyrocket and the only way they will ROI is LTC price jumps accordingly.

I dont think that the difficulty will go to skyrocket.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
805 of the L3's available?

No, just no.

201GH Scrypt hash anyone?

Edit1: Pretty sure this is the real deal -- found these also posted for sale on Russian sites
Edit2: Confirmed as far as I'm concerned. I just found a USA reseller taking pre-orders on these.

Estimated Ship Date 1/9/2017

I hope it's not real i get the feeling this time it is because they have a lite coin pool on there ant pool site that's doing 237.98 GH's and it started in the last few weeks, I don't think the  A4 did that for them,  i know that can mean nothing expect they offer it because of demand but in this case it may be there is one coming and that's them testing.

why called it L3 why not L2 sense they did plan one with the L1 name .  may there is two more models out we know nothing about and may never know like some one else pointed out in a PM .

last thought it may be a one time thing with them so it may not be as bad as it is looking .

Yeah if Bitmain with their production capability starts making Scrypt Miners, it will be the beginning of the end for LTC mining IMO

I've been saying for a while now that the future of Bitcoin mining is in Altcoin mining and Bitmain may be catching on to that realization.

I believe your conspiracy theory is correct and they've been mining with L1/L2 etc internally for a while now.

Also, check out Inno's last post speaking about "No Competition for next 3 months" -- I'm betting they knew Bitmain was coming with this.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I hope it's not real i get the feeling this time it is because they have a lite coin pool on there ant pool site that's doing 237.98 GH's and it started in the last few weeks, I don't think the  A4 did that for them,  i know that can mean nothing expect they offer it because of demand but in this case it may be there is one coming and that's them testing.

why called it L3 why not L2 sense they did plan one with the L1 name .  may there is two more models out we know nothing about and may never know like some one else pointed out in a PM .

last thought it may be a one time thing with them so it may not be as bad as it is looking .
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
So Bitmain is telling customers inside China they are shipping January 5th.  I wonder how long before we will get a chance to buy these...  Huh

And look, 180 day warranty.
Translation courtesy of Google Translate

Product description

1. This product does not contain power, to be in full payment, logistics and freight to pay, the default Debon logistics delivery.

2. The commodity mine run 15 days, on January 5 shipped from Inner Mongolia.
Contact information

Contact information:

Ants customer service, QQ: 27054045 Tel: 400-890-8855 (morning 10:00 - evening 6:00)
Ant customer service WeChat (scan two-dimensional code to add)

Dai Pengcheng, telephone / WeChat: 18810404453, QQ: 718727828
Fan Xiaojun, phone / WeChat: 18611720733, QQ: 9161403
payment method

Payment method:

Bank: Beijing Dongzhimen Sub - branch of China Merchants Bank
Name: Beijing bit continent Technology Co., Ltd
Account number: 110910088110604

Please contact customer service before payment, note the order number, the consignee name, the proposed multi-turn a few cents, easy to confirm.
After payment please payment screenshots sent to the customer service, and leave the order number, payee name, payment amount.

Risk warning:

The price of Bitcoin determines the value of the machine. After the payment is locked, the order quantity and price will be locked, and the Bitcoin will rise. This order will not be increased, and the Bitcoin will not be refunded.
Specifications

Bit continent Leyte currency machine L3: BM1485 chip

Ant Leyte coin machine L3 Specifications:

1. Machine operator force: 250MH / S

2. Wall power consumption: 400W ± 10% (bit continent APW3-1600 watts of power, AC / DC efficiency of 93%, 25 ℃ ambient temperature)

3. Power efficiency: 1.6J / MH ± 10% (wall, AC / DC efficiency of 93%, 25 ° C ambient temperature)

4. Input voltage: 11.6 ~ 13.0V

5. The number of chips: 144 PCS

6. The number of boards in the whole machine: 4 PCS

7. External dimensions: 230 mm (L) * 135 mm (W) * 158 mm (H)

8. Machine weight (without packaging): 2.5kg

9. Operating temperature: 0 ℃ to 40 ℃

10. Operating Humidity: 5% RH-95% RH, non-condensing

11. Network connection: Ethernet

12. Noise: 60dB

13. Power connection: only need to connect the outermost PCIE interface, it is recommended to use a separate power supply to the whole power supply, non-independent power supply case, the four modules can be connected to a different power supply, but each module can not be connected Multiple power supplies, and ensure that the control board is last powered up.

Precautions:

1. The chassis deformation or heat sink off, please do not power, contact after-sales processing.

2. It is recommended to use the ant pool (www.antpool.com)

After - sales policy
After-sales policy:

Mining machine is different from the general consumer electronics products, but according to customer needs special customized products, investment need to be cautious. This product after-sales service policy is as follows, once the purchase, that is recognized as the policy.

1. This product can not be refunded after payment, return.
2. Our miners products provide 180 days warranty.
3. For market reasons, product prices may be adjusted at any time without prior notice and price compensation.

The warranty expires in the following cases:

1. Mine itself was demolished, privately altered, replacement components;
2. Lightning, voltage surges, poor quality power supply caused damage;
3. Water, circuit boards and components exposed to moisture, corrosion damage;
4. The circuit board is burned or burned;
5. Overclocking.

If this happens, we charge for your machine maintenance services. Specific procedures, please refer to the mall after-sales process.
copper member
Clueless!
Looks like the L3 is going to be what the A4 was supposed to be... A game changer.  This miner could force the retirement of the Titan's and even the A4's.  Of course the devil is in the details.

Are you sure it is not vaporware (hope, hope) gonna put a crimp in my mining my KNC Titans (or folks A4's) into next winter for heat (always my backup plan...squeak into
winter 2017-2018 with borderline LTC asic miners someday and trade LTC for Electric to Heat and call it a draw to wrap up the home mining)

This could get really, really, and I mean really...ugly for difficulty and/or if the price of LTC and/or other scrypt does not surge in price.

To make up the difficulty you likely imho need to be at least at 0.008 ltc to btc from the current 0.00452 ltc to btc now

that would make EVERYONE be able so survive ..knc titans, a4's etc into my winter trick at least (sorry desert dwellers you are on your own) Smiley

Anyway we saw a lot of this kinda thing in Feb/Mar 2015 and NONE of the equipment came to pass....a guy can hope it is the same (I am soooo greedy)

but to be truthful knc titans bought in Nov 2014 and added since then to make 3150mh and I can 'slip' into them for even 'heat' this next winter

is way, way longer then I should have expected..just gonna be sooooooo bored w/o miners to play with in the house Sad
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I read some place the reason for the difficulty drop right now is the holiday and may stay that way till after china's holiday are over around March 2017 or so . then it will it turn into a BTC difficulty, I'm Sure,then so much for script mining when that happen unless we can get cheaper better miners from another company other then bitmain which is unlikely. I do see it went back up to 70628.2150962 but also may drop back down till March or keep going up or down till then, then  it won't stop. "( sadly.

PS: the only hope we have beyond GPU home mining is SideHack for BTC miners as far as I know there is no one for Script miners and side won't make script miners and has said it a few times and not in a nice way .

At least if you want one L3 you don't need to make a group which is nice i guess.

Thanks top
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Looks like the L3 is going to be what the A4 was supposed to be... A game changer.  This miner could force the retirement of the Titan's and even the A4's.  Of course the devil is in the details.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
With the crazy jump in difficulty since Dec. 27 potentially explained by these L3 units, the jump in hashrate would equate to about 1200 units being activated in a new data hall.  I'm guessing the bugs are well on their way to being worked  out.

Pages:
Jump to: