Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 226. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Well the boards are built for having a fan connected to them. It's just Bitmain's decision to only add 1 fan. It's not like you're "tech hacking" your device by doing something it wasn't designed for.
I understand your concern but also in terms of cooling, having the hot air sucked out is much more efficient than just blowing more cold air in.

It's not "much more efficient", it lowers your temperature by 1-2 degree maximum. I remember I've spent a long time a while ago researching whether a second fan on my Noctua U12P CPU cooler was actually doing anything at all and it turned out that yeah, it did, but I would be just as fine without it.

I believe this would be the case with the antminer as well. It's not a closed case solution that would allow you to efficiently suck out the warm air from it utilizing a 2nd fan. It is highly likely to suck cold air just around the fan itself instead of actually removing the heat in the middle of the unit. The way this unit is designed it should be more efficient to use the single powerful fan at near full speed to achieve the most efficient cooling.

Regarding the statement "Well the boards are built for having a fan connected to them. It's just Bitmain's decision to only add 1 fan." I can assure you that I am aware of this. I am not specifically worried about an additional fan, but the risk of a burnout running the one fan at higher speeds over time. Even dedicated fan controllers can burn out when running this kind of heavy duty fans at 80-100% over several days and they tend to be more robust than the built in solutions on a multi-purpose controller. It is a lot more pleasant burning a $30 piece of hardware than the miner controller board.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
my dec rig has not responded to OCing , except in additional heat..even with a 2nd fan

my jan rig is hovering around 199-201 without a 2nd fan.

any ideas?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Well the boards are built for having a fan connected to them. It's just Bitmain's decision to only add 1 fan. It's not like you're "tech hacking" your device by doing something it wasn't designed for.
I understand your concern but also in terms of cooling, having the hot air sucked out is much more efficient than just blowing more cold air in.

It's not "much more efficient", it lowers your temperature by 1-2 degree maximum. I remember I've spent a long time a while ago researching whether a second fan on my Noctua U12P CPU cooler was actually doing anything at all and it turned out that yeah, it did, but I would be just as fine without it.
Activity: 364
Unknown error:sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Getting this error when ordering.. Please fix asap! Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
My miners came in very late, and I just got to open the packages yesterday due to the plane trouble and a customs hold on top of that. I was expecting having to do a cleanup of the miners as well based on the last few days of reading here on possibly used equipment. When i opened the packages i could barely see a speck of dust on the units, and they smell just like brand new with 2014 printed on them. Booted right up without any trouble. One happy customer here despite all the delays.

These new units are running very stable with overclock at 203.5 to 209.2 gh/s. Ambient temp on location is +5C to +8C.

I do have one question that I have not found the answer to though. Is it possible to force the fan speed higher using the antminer controller? Perhaps make it run at least 60% all the time?

Why not add an extra fan? Wink

I have thought of that option, but I know the single fan on these are more than capable of moving enough air through it at the higher speeds. My main concern is burning out the controller due to the added fan or speed adjustment.
If no one has a success story surrounding this I will probably go with externally powered controllers that allow for manual speed adjustment as it seems safer in the long run.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
My miners came in very late, and I just got to open the packages yesterday due to the plane trouble and a customs hold on top of that. I was expecting having to do a cleanup of the miners as well based on the last few days of reading here on possibly used equipment. When i opened the packages i could barely see a speck of dust on the units, and they smell just like brand new with 2014 printed on them. Booted right up without any trouble. One happy customer here despite all the delays.

These new units are running very stable with overclock at 203.5 to 209.2 gh/s. Ambient temp on location is +5C to +8C.

I do have one question that I have not found the answer to though. Is it possible to force the fan speed higher using the antminer controller? Perhaps make it run at least 60% all the time?

Why not add an extra fan? Wink
Activity: 182
Same shit error here when trying to checkout.

Also tried without coupons but it still shows the error, so it must be something else.

Yuk  Angry

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Bitmain show me the email sushi sent me with he return address, you have 24hr to show me that screenshot or you sir are 100% a liar just like sushi.

If you want your crappy control board back give me a return address and pay for your own postage, as after the way you have dealt with this i am due you sweet fuck all...... you sir are an arsehole and have proved it by writing feedback based on what that rat sushi tells you. NO ONE HAS PROVIDED ME A RETURN ADDRESS FOR YOUR CONTROL BOARD.

SUSHI IS THE ONE WHO CAME ON TEAM VIEWER DECLARED THE BOARD DEAD AND SAID A NEW ONE WOULD BE SENT OUT, STOP BLAMING ME FOR YOUR SHITE COMMUNICATIONS

Show me a screenshot of the communication sent to my email address with the return address
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
Getting an error when I try to apply my last coupon. It will not let me complete the purchase.

Unknown error:sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Anyone else get this ?

OK I can't even complete the purchase without using the coupon.

No one has this error when purchasing ?

try cleaning your temp files and cookies with CCleaner and then try again

Thanks but still having the same problem. Also tried different browsers. Not sure if it has anything to do with it or not. But the order I made yesterday says expired even though it has payment confirmed.

*edit: Also just tried with a new account and also on a different machine. Still same error.

I am getting the same error.
I have sent a PM to Bitmain asking him to fix the web site ordering system.

Thank god. I thought I was going nuts because I was the only one. I hope he gets it fixed soon. I'd like to get these final orders in.
Activity: 154
Getting an error when I try to apply my last coupon. It will not let me complete the purchase.

Anyone else get this ?

Thanks but still having the same problem. Also tried different browsers. Not sure if it has anything to do with it or not. But the order I made yesterday says expired even though it has payment confirmed.

*edit: Also just tried with a new account and also on a different machine. Still same error.

I am getting the same error.
I have sent a PM to Bitmain asking him to fix the web site ordering system.
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

Anyone else get this ?

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Anyone else get this ?

Activity: 127
thanks, i see the option for the difficulty in cex, but i dont see them in the eligis pool, do they have it too?

on a side note, if you'all haven't seen this check out the little fat one, funniest shit ive seen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5ER9XT4hdg
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

Anyone else get this ?

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
i also get pretty much from whatever mining happens at the 2nd and 3rd pool options set on the ant, is this normal?

Do not set the secondary and third pools. If there is any network delay it is going to flip over super fast and you might get rejects and stales. This was messing me up big time at first until I just set a primary and blanked out the rest.

you could be right, since i get nothing in the those two anyway

Actually I had a problem when I set pool 2 and 3.

When I removed them and stuck to just one pool everything is working fine.
Activity: 127
i also get pretty much from whatever mining happens at the 2nd and 3rd pool options set on the ant, is this normal?

Do not set the secondary and third pools. If there is any network delay it is going to flip over super fast and you might get rejects and stales. This was messing me up big time at first until I just set a primary and blanked out the rest.

you could be right, since i get nothing in the those two anyway
Activity: 434
I wonder what happens when a block is found and your in the middle of working on a super high diff share? I'm guessing some lost shares for that round.

Your miner updates to the new block info and keeps working. A hash either works or it doesn't. You are doing 180 billion of them per second. You don't save up work or make progress on a hard block. You just report the hashes (out of the 180 billion you did last second) that met your difficulty target.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
See https://support.cex.io/entries/37291903-Stratum-Server-Adjusting-Difficulty-Incorrectly on gnash.io . Tried mining on it for a few days a month or so ago, was absolutely not happy with the results.

I looked at that thread but can't understand the problem. If stratum sets their difficulty to 1024 instead of 128 it means they'll submit shares 1/8 as often but the shares they do submit are 8x more valuable. Should have no effect on their net earnings.

I wonder what happens when a block is found and your in the middle of working on a super high diff share? I'm guessing some lost shares for that round.
Jump to: