Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 40. (Read 346284 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
just want to add, wifi has been fine for me.

good as you are the rare wi fi winner… 

so did you
 a) add an antenna
b) use 1 ant or many ants
c) have you run wif fi for 5 days with no issues.
d) have you clocked the hash preformance
e)  what is your wifi router make and model?
f) is the router far or pretty close
g) do you live near military bases and or airports.

I'm also one of the wifi winners!

A) yes, an antenna on every unit.
B) Many ants in two locations
C) Yes, I have to restart a unit every 10 days or so.
D) Yes, OCd units to 400mhz.  Units hash between 194-204Gh/s
E) Site 1: Asus rt-n16 with dd-wrt.  Site 2: Asus AC68u  w/stock firmware.
F) Site 1: 10m  Site 2: 18m
G) Site 1: No.   Site 2: Yes, ~4km

thanks for the info.   lastly  what antenna do you use?
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

I've been using these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3TR1GD2665

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103069

These are running full throttle and right now for me the Akust is the clear winner here.. It's quieter, throws more air and... over sized ...

46/48 with only stock fan average

40/40 and 41/40 with the Akust and 43/44 average on those with the Cooler Master

Ambient is ?  22/23C it's not as cold as the rest of the facility

look..
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

so did you
 a) add an antenna

I'm also one of the wifi winners!

A) yes, an antenna on every unit.
B) Many ants in two locations
C) Yes, I have to restart a unit every 10 days or so.
D) Yes, OCd units to 400mhz.  Units hash between 194-204Gh/s
E) Site 1: Asus rt-n16 with dd-wrt.  Site 2: Asus AC68u  w/stock firmware.
F) Site 1: 10m  Site 2: 18m
G) Site 1: No.   Site 2: Yes, ~4km
legendary

so did you
 a) add an antenna
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
digging in the bits... now ant powered!
Thanks for that! amazing reboot fixed it Smiley Now if only that worked on cubes to Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
wait 2 minutes
 go to miner status   no x's   we hope.

mdude   has an ant s-1 monitor that reboots automatically if x's turn up

maybe he can post a link to it. I use it with windows 7 in a vm on my mac mini  look at the monitor on second shot.

I have a link to it in my sig.

From my experience soft reboots take care of most of them.  But sometimes you have to give a hard boot by powering it off, waiting min 10 seconds, and powering it back up.

M
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Using facebook in the year of our lord 2014 A.D.

inappropriateword you dun goofed!

what a prick
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
Anyone have a clue how much longer these will be available?

well... coupons are good through may .. hopefully that means for at least that much longer. u know it takes five days to get usd turned into coin through coinbase. at least for me it does. i don't like to use mined coins to buy hardware. so it takes me little longer to buy new hardware.

heh, I am just the opposite...I prefer to ONLY spend mined coin on new hardware purchases and only purchase coin when absolutely necessary.

hmmm.. well there are a couple reasons to my theory.. first it is easier to claim my new hardware for the us tax rulings.. and second is that i dont have a lot of confidence in the usd reserve currency right now so i been moving new money into different assets and i consider mining hardware as an asset. i have a pretty good ant farm colony mining operation going so i am mining full steam ahead.

Very good point of view mate. I am on a fixed gov't income (disabled veteran) so my monthly USD budget is not very much and the xtra income from mining helps me enjoy life a little more than if I wasn't mining.
legendary
Activity: 1092

well... coupons are good through may .. hopefully that means for at least that much longer. u know it takes five days to get usd turned into coin through coinbase. at least for me it does. i don't like to use mined coins to buy hardware. so it takes me little longer to buy new hardware.

heh, I am just the opposite...I prefer to ONLY spend mined coin on new hardware purchases and only purchase coin when absolutely necessary.

hmmm.. well there are a couple reasons to my theory.. first it is easier to claim my new hardware for the us tax rulings.. and second is that i dont have a lot of confidence in the usd reserve currency right now so i been moving new money into different assets and i consider mining hardware as an asset. i have a pretty good ant farm colony mining operation going so i am mining full steam ahead.
3D Printed!

legendary
Activity: 1092

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
These will run 2 OC'ed without a problem
http://minersource.net/products/dell-750w-psu-slash-adapter

How loud is that Dell server PSU??  I'm in the same room as my miners all day.
bobsag3, are these (your/minersource) PSU kits using sidehack's breakout board with the fan speed control knob??
3D Printed!
thanks for the info... seems like wifi is my only option for now... unless i can set these up in my brothers place and hardware them in... any suggestions for hubs since his router can only host 5 ethernet cables? that being said is there a link for some quality antennas i can pick up if i can't set these up @ my brothers place?

also this is the rack i was looking at http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/3-tier-chrome-wire-shelf-0680324p.html#.U2zDL1f_lVY simple and basic for only 8 units... would that work or no?

Rather than WiFi, if you can't get an Ethernet cable from the miner back to your router consider using a couple of network over powerline adapters.  I use a couple of Trendnet AV500 adapters to get networking to a streaming media box in my kitchen.  Works like a charm and averages about 190Mbs.  Much better connection than WiFi.  If I ever pull the gun on a S1 it will end up in my basement on another AV500 adapter.

quite interesting but how would that work for 8 units? would i need 9 adapters total? one for the router and the other 8 for the miners?

Of course you can use a 16 ports switch between those 8 anties and the powerline Wink

how would the hook up work?

Modem--->Router--->Ethernet Powerline Adapter(same room as router)--->House Wiring--->Ethernet Powerline Adapter(in room with Ants)--->9+ Port Network Switch--->8X Antminer S1
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
thanks for the info... seems like wifi is my only option for now... unless i can set these up in my brothers place and hardware them in... any suggestions for hubs since his router can only host 5 ethernet cables? that being said is there a link for some quality antennas i can pick up if i can't set these up @ my brothers place?

also this is the rack i was looking at http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/3-tier-chrome-wire-shelf-0680324p.html#.U2zDL1f_lVY simple and basic for only 8 units... would that work or no?

Rather than WiFi, if you can't get an Ethernet cable from the miner back to your router consider using a couple of network over powerline adapters.  I use a couple of Trendnet AV500 adapters to get networking to a streaming media box in my kitchen.  Works like a charm and averages about 190Mbs.  Much better connection than WiFi.  If I ever pull the gun on a S1 it will end up in my basement on another AV500 adapter.

quite interesting but how would that work for 8 units? would i need 9 adapters total? one for the router and the other 8 for the miners?

No, just put a switch in.  You can pickup 8-port 100Mbps switches for dirt cheap these days, as low as $10 on Newegg.  Run the miners to the switch and one cable from the switch to the AV500 adapter.  Since you are going to have 8 miners you will need to switches, but Ethernet can handle chaining switches up to a point.  As for the powerline network adapters, here is a set for under $42.

[router] -- [power adapter] -- [house wiring] -- [power adapter] -- [switch] -- [Ant x 7]

i may just invest in a 16 port switch... eliminates the need for 2 of them and allows me to have the capability of adding a few more miners if i purchase more after the initial 8... thanks for all the help...
legendary
@Bitmain

Thanks, got my 2 Antminers nice and quick!
Only problem I have is one of the Blades has failed ASIC's.. there are 3 x's

Can anything be done about this?

Thanks
 try a reboot .  call the miner up

go to system
 go to reboot click reboot wait until login comes up 1 to 5 minutes

log back in
 go to status  

wait 2 minutes
 go to miner status   no x's   we hope.

mdude   has an ant s-1 monitor that reboots automatically if x's turn up

maybe he can post a link to it. I use it with windows 7 in a vm on my mac mini  look at the monitor on second shot.

Activity: 401

No, just put a switch in.  You can pickup 8-port 100Mbps switches for dirt cheap these days, as low as $10 on Newegg.  Run the miners to the switch and one cable from the switch to the AV500 adapter.  Since you are going to have 8 miners you will need to switches, but Ethernet can handle chaining switches up to a point.  As for the powerline network adapters, here is a set for under $42.

[router] -- [power adapter] -- [house wiring] -- [power adapter] -- [switch] -- [Ant x 7]
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Rather than WiFi, if you can't get an Ethernet cable from the miner back to your router consider using a couple of network over powerline adapters.  I use a couple of Trendnet AV500 adapters to get networking to a streaming media box in my kitchen.  Works like a charm and averages about 190Mbs.  Much better connection than WiFi.  If I ever pull the gun on a S1 it will end up in my basement on another AV500 adapter.

Of course you can use a 16 ports switch between those 8 anties and the powerline Wink

how would the hook up work?
Pages:
Jump to: