Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 48. (Read 346284 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
3 more antminer S1 units came in today - 4.5TH Smiley

however, 1 unit arrived with a lot of thermal paste leakage, and another took damage to the capacitor (see pic below).   

Nice setup, can you advice whats you using on side of S1? is it wooden board or plexi glass ?

a few units i cut out some thin cardboard (the type for frozen pizza boxes) in the right shape to  fit well on the gap of the antminer and try to improve the airflow going through the entire length. It works, but I really want to make myself some exact measurements and make more of them properly using thicker cardboard or even some very thin plywood/plastic that will be less flimsy.

the satck of 3 units just has a big box lid pressed against it, held in place by the power supplies. it does a nice job at getting the temperatures down slightly. I plan to add to these stacks a little bit soon once i figure out some more power supplies that use PCIe cables (since when stacked the screw terminals are inaccessible)
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
I will receive my s1 next week,   what altcoins you mine with s1? . And i want to buy a corsair cx750m is a good psu?  Thanks

You will spend to much money for PSU, just go for dell poweredge 2950 750w and it will cost you like $25 or 15gbp

The more powerful versions of those server power supplies (2000w) that can handle 3-4 S1s are the only way to go if you have an isolated remote set-up where jetnoise is a non issue because the cost advantage over ATX form factor power supplies is huge. On the other hand if your just looking to power 1 or 2 S1's in your house I would rather go the with an ATX PS that just plugs right in without the need for adapters or soldering wires, is quiet and can be reused for other things or easily sold.

This jet noise is easy to work around with adding resistor 47ohm to red wire on psu fan.
This resistor will lower speed about 2/3 which is more than enough cool and keep noise down.

legendary
Just a headsup, the CX500 on sale at newegg for $50 + $20 rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027
I have 1 on an oc'd ant and it works great. If you can find a way to turn in multiple rebates, then you can get a bunch of these at $30 each. Would only cost $150 to power 1TH/s.

You can do that with 3 of these for slightly more, but you can power 6 ants and no mail in rebates
http://minersource.net/products/dell-750w-psu-slash-adapter

Whats the point buying piece of pcb which cost more than psu?
I dont get it, check this:

Cables costs: 2gbp
psu cost is :12gbp

You can plug up to 2 units on one PSU by them cables.

All my PSU have mods to slow the fan. As original one are sooo loud.

No issues what so ever.

Where can i buy then necessary cables for using dell with s1? . And u know how much kw/h consumes s1 with that dell psu? ?

This is on my psu- cables done myself. Overal cost was like 5 gbp per pair
legendary
I will receive my s1 next week,   what altcoins you mine with s1? . And i want to buy a corsair cx750m is a good psu?  Thanks

You will spend to much money for PSU, just go for dell poweredge 2950 750w and it will cost you like $25 or 15gbp

If you are running the miner in your house the Dell PSU is loud! I like the eVGA 1300 watt. It will run 3 oc ants and can be found for $200 or less and is silent.

Not true, please find thread about adding 47ohm resistor to fan in psu. I wil add video shortly of 3 dell units and noise what they making
Video showing 3 units on test bench in spare room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHz2XERDvak&feature=youtu.be
IBM 2000w can be grabbed for like $60
 and you talking about psu for $200. obviously you doing this as hobby.
Activity: 294
Merit: 251
Ok thanks guys.  Right now i Will have 1 and in my bedroom so better a quiet psu like corsair xD
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

If you are running the miner in your house the Dell PSU is loud! I like the eVGA 1300 watt. It will run 3 oc ants and can be found for $200 or less and is silent.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I will receive my s1 next week,   what altcoins you mine with s1? . And i want to buy a corsair cx750m is a good psu?  Thanks

The more powerful versions of those server power supplies (2000w) that can handle 3-4 S1s are the only way to go if you have an isolated remote set-up where jetnoise is a non issue because the cost advantage over ATX form factor power supplies is huge. On the other hand if your just looking to power 1 or 2 S1's in your house I would rather go the with an ATX PS that just plugs right in without the need for adapters or soldering wires, is quiet and can be reused for other things or easily sold.
Just a headsup, the CX500 on sale at newegg for $50 + $20 rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027
I have 1 on an oc'd ant and it works great. If you can find a way to turn in multiple rebates, then you can get a bunch of these at $30 each. Would only cost $150 to power 1TH/s.

You can do that with 3 of these for slightly more, but you can power 6 ants and no mail in rebates
http://minersource.net/products/dell-750w-psu-slash-adapter

Whats the point buying piece of pcb which cost more than psu?
I dont get it, check this:

Cables costs: 2gbp
psu cost is :12gbp

You can plug up to 2 units on one PSU by them cables.

All my PSU have mods to slow the fan. As original one are sooo loud.

No issues what so ever.

Where can i buy then necessary cables for using dell with s1? . And u know how much kw/h consumes s1 with that dell psu? ?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Does Anyone have an extra coupon for a S2 in Dallas, TX area that they can spare???
Someone trustworthy.
Kindly would appreciated.

I do.

Mmm but i read that corsair can run up to 2 s1s,  its not a better option than that Dell?  Just comparing prizes maybe yeah its cheaper but its a good psu? And can
run 2 s1s? And that dell psu comes with conectores for s1 or i need to buy cables?
legendary
I will receive my s1 next week,   what altcoins you mine with s1? . And i want to buy a corsair cx750m is a good psu?  Thanks

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
I like to order 2 more S1 anticipating ROI.
Can anyone give you account after removing all your personal data for coupon use?

Brought 2 S1 today but got no email confirmation. Please check and confirm.
https://blockchain.info/tx/04d68e02d63fdca5dca3530a990b7c89f91405508a53d522d4d547ee613784f2

I have never had an email from Bitmain, Ants always arrive, you can log in to your account and check the status of payment/shipping.

Tracking number usually showing up within 1-2 days of order.
legendary

however, 1 unit arrived with a lot of thermal paste leakage, and another took damage to the capacitor (see pic below).   

Right now i am running it with the capacitor pulled off fully (cleanly removed, it practically fell off on its own when i reached in to grab it out with a pair of tweezers) and 16 of the chips on that board show 'x' and the hashrate of the unit (stock clocks) is 155GH.  Rebooting is a crapshoot of anything from all 36 working down to only 2 or 3 working.

should be a clean and easy fix monday - I dont trust my precision soldering enough to DIY a small component, and my base of operations has someone capable

Nice setup, can you advice whats you using on side of S1? is it wooden board or plexi glass ?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Does Anyone have an extra coupon for a S2 in Dallas, TX area that they can spare???
Someone trustworthy.
Kindly would appreciated.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
My problem is I'm running out of power. I've allocated 60amps @ 110v for miners and at 3.5TH I don't have much of that to spare. I only have 200a residential service, and I have 2 central air units and a pool to run. If it were up to me I'd leave the pool covered and use fans on hot days, but I somehow think my wife has a different opinion. Roll Eyes

Time to suck it up and think about buying S2s and Dragons.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Right now i am running it with the capacitor pulled off fully (cleanly removed, it practically fell off on its own when i reached in to grab it out with a pair of tweezers) and 16 of the chips on that board show 'x' and the hashrate of the unit (stock clocks) is 155GH.  Rebooting is a crapshoot of anything from all 36 working down to only 2 or 3 working.

should be a clean and easy fix monday - I dont trust my precision soldering enough to DIY a small component, and my base of operations has someone capable
legendary
https://blockchain.info/tx/04d68e02d63fdca5dca3530a990b7c89f91405508a53d522d4d547ee613784f2

I have never had an email from Bitmain, Ants always arrive, you can log in to your account and check the status of payment/shipping.

Tracking number usually showing up within 1-2 days of order.
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Pages:
Jump to: