Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 72. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

They need to update power info on the Neptune, it says 1200 watts for 3TH, I understood it to be around 22-2400?

--> http://coinchomp.com/2014/01/06/the-knc-miner-neptune-should-consume-at-least-4500-watts/

Actually they just released the specs today that they hope will draw 2100 watts max. KNC:

"Upgrade cards.
We have also released 400 upgrade cards for those of you who wish to still purchase them. They are being shipped from stock and the first boxes have already left with UPS yesterday. Each card is now only 350USD plus shipping. You can order upgrade cards here

Jupiter 3TH
The window for conversions has now closed we have had over 400 conversions which means we are actively trying to fill all of the orders we have but we will contact customers individually if they are too far back in the queue to be converted. The good news is that the shipment for these orders will begin Tuesday next week after the Easter holidays and we expect it to take only a few days to have all boxes shipped out to customers.

Neptune Power Requirements
While we will not release the maximum performance of the Neptune miner we can now release the required power supply to give people time to purchase them. The maximum power draw will be 2100w of power and we recommend this to be either two 1200w power supplies or three 850watt power supplies. This does include a bit of a safety margin on our side and of course underclocking will be possible to reduce the power requirements even more.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team"
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
not happy you had coupons that expire april 11; but you were out of stock for so long; and then website wouldn't work to even buy any product.
you should extend coupon expiry dates as make good gesture to your previous customers. Undecided
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

They need to update power info on the Neptune, it says 1200 watts for 3TH, I understood it to be around 22-2400?

--> http://coinchomp.com/2014/01/06/the-knc-miner-neptune-should-consume-at-least-4500-watts/
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
No one is being forced to buy. Those that are good at math will sit on the fence.

Good in math for 0.885 Grin ? price is way to high, with this price ROI = 3 months maybe more depends how much you pay for electricity, bitcoin price and difficulty, after that you will be making what ? $1/day --> http://www.vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincalculator.php

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
i also noticed very little difference using a second fan.

does someone have a lnk for these alum heat sinks?

also - i had a weird few days with some of my rigs just failing to hash periodically.

after much frustration and swears, i removed the stock fans and found thick thick dust caked up in a the heatsink grills.

a quick brush and blow through and we're back to normal...

still waiting on my S2 'shipped before the 10th'

these are what i used on six ants:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bitcoin-Miner-Antminer-ASIC-BTC-180GH-s-Cooling-kit-72pcs-DIY-Aluminum-Heatsink-/121288925078?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1120
Yeah .. I'm saying if you are good at math you wont buy one.

Oh ok  Wink you right. I'm not that good at math , but I wont buy one for this price, BTC0.6 for S1 maybe ..

Or english.... mwahahaa

No I'm not, I don't speak English Grin  I'm from Chicago .....mwahahaa
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

Good you did actually explained what you meant.
Obviously not worth it at this price, psu still needed, customs is high and QC of units its just poor.Units overclocked, dusted. No more coupons, even though i bought 5 units in one day.

This time price drop just put me off for good. BTC is back on track of 500usd so....
Once diff will jump in short time S1 will be impossible to ROI in less than 3 month.But thats my 2 cents.

But anyone can make choice, on ebay reseller price is no more than 330GBP

Oh ok  Wink you right. I'm not that good at math , but I wont buy one for this price, BTC0.6 for S1 maybe ..
Activity: 728
No one is being forced to buy. Those that are good at math will sit on the fence.

Good in math for 0.885 Grin ? price is way to high, with this price ROI = 3 months maybe more depends how much you pay for electricity, bitcoin price and difficulty, after that you will be making what ? $1/day --> http://www.vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincalculator.php
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

This.

.75 is the most I could pay for an S1 right now.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
The price was 0.893 BTC for like 3-4 weeks. Since an Ant generates a fixed amount of BTC that's not fair. Of course it's a free market so...if the device sells...

Still the cheapest out there though..

Yea, I kinda was expecting a little bit more than $4 or .008 considering the length of time it was at 0.893 as well.

Oh well, other than that, no complaints about Bitmain, they keep on shipping.
Activity: 18
The price was 0.893 BTC for like 3-4 weeks. Since an Ant generates a fixed amount of BTC that's not fair. Of course it's a free market so...if the device sells...

Still the cheapest out there though..
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
New sales price 0.885 BTC for one S1
 Smiley

Ty. I need more.  Keep shipping.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New sales price 0.885 BTC for one S1
 Smiley
2 of 3 hashing.....3rd one looked like it had an accident and guts exploded. Its back together but one slot on the mainboard appears to be dead as I have already swapped out the blades to no avail.

It is surgery time, take this puppy apart and have a looksy at the mainboard.

take photos - Im curious if the mainboard/backplane actually holds much or if it is simply just a PCB with sockets placed in series
klondike, sorry i didn't take any pics...it looks alot like the ASICMINER backplane and thankfully for me only 1 blade turned out bad and not the mainboard...so hopefully I can just RMA 1 blade. Time to send off an email. The other 2 S2s are hashing away sweetly and this one is at 90% so I am happy.
Dam that was a quick reply...I LOVE BITMAIN.
They are going to RMA it. Kinda wish they would let me pay for the blade/hashboard and send it to me while I send this one back. Then they cuold refund me once they have the bad one. but alas I am happy that they have responded so quickly. Thanks again BITMAIN.

How much you mean?
Activity: 336
2 of 3 hashing.....3rd one looked like it had an accident and guts exploded. Its back together but one slot on the mainboard appears to be dead as I have already swapped out the blades to no avail.

take photos - Im curious if the mainboard/backplane actually holds much or if it is simply just a PCB with sockets placed in series
klondike, sorry i didn't take any pics...it looks alot like the ASICMINER backplane and thankfully for me only 1 blade turned out bad and not the mainboard...so hopefully I can just RMA 1 blade. Time to send off an email. The other 2 S2s are hashing away sweetly and this one is at 90% so I am happy.
Dam that was a quick reply...I LOVE BITMAIN.
They are going to RMA it. Kinda wish they would let me pay for the blade/hashboard and send it to me while I send this one back. Then they cuold refund me once they have the bad one. but alas I am happy that they have responded so quickly. Thanks again BITMAIN.
Activity: 336

Total noob here, I've been experimenting with a couple of Antminer U2 and have decided to move ahead and possibly purchase S1 miners.  I'd like to know if these are capable of Scrypt or just SHA-256?  Maybe I'm not searching correctly, but I can't seem to locate any information telling me this.  Thanks

Its ASIC sha-256 only.
Pages:
Jump to: