Pages:
Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 73. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Total noob here, I've been experimenting with a couple of Antminer U2 and have decided to move ahead and possibly purchase S1 miners.  I'd like to know if these are capable of Scrypt or just SHA-256?  Maybe I'm not searching correctly, but I can't seem to locate any information telling me this.  Thanks
Activity: 14
Not sure if this is the right place.

Bought 2x S1's yesterday. I received an invoice via email but no confirmation of payment. Blockchain confirms payment. Bitmain's site confirms payment. But no email.

Have other people experienced this? i.e. is this normal or should I be worried?

How long has it been taking from purchase to being shipped ?

hi, it is normal for bitmain, they stop shipping next day air, regular ups, I think 5 business days.
Activity: 29
Not sure if this is the right place.

Bought 2x S1's yesterday. I received an invoice via email but no confirmation of payment. Blockchain confirms payment. Bitmain's site confirms payment. But no email.

Have other people experienced this? i.e. is this normal or should I be worried?

How long has it been taking from purchase to being shipped ?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
2 of 3 hashing.....3rd one looked like it had an accident and guts exploded. Its back together but one slot on the mainboard appears to be dead as I have already swapped out the blades to no avail.

It is surgery time, take this puppy apart and have a looksy at the mainboard.

take photos - Im curious if the mainboard/backplane actually holds much or if it is simply just a PCB with sockets placed in series
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
2 of 3 hashing.....3rd one looked like it had an accident and guts exploded. Its back together but one slot on the mainboard appears to be dead as I have already swapped out the blades to no avail.

It is surgery time, take this puppy apart and have a looksy at the mainboard.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Guys I have noticed that removing the fan plug from the asic board supply, reduced the hw errors in some of my S1s!

WTF!

I connected them with molex directly on the psu 12V.

Anyone with high HW, should try it.

ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
If your S1 stays under 60C running at stock speeds, should you be ok?

Get a fan and install on the front facing out.  You will see a big temp difference in push-pull mode.

I saw next to no difference doing this.

if you were to add the aluminum heat sinks you would see some improvements because you would get more air flow across the heat sinks on the far side of the ant.

heat sinks w air flow will get you 5 to 6 degrees cooler .

+1...It is true...I did it...Al RAM heatsinks + Push-Pull fan...= to -5 degrees average...on 6 Ants... Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Get a fan and install on the front facing out.  You will see a big temp difference in push-pull mode.

if you were to add the aluminum heat sinks you would see some improvements because you would get more air flow across the heat sinks on the far side of the ant.

heat sinks w air flow will get you 5 to 6 degrees cooler .
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Starting to get pretty warm in the US

What is a good temp to stay under for the S1?

What is the absolute extreme temp for the S1?

Is there a temp the S1 shuts itself off at?

I would like to know the answer to the first questions. But for what temp does it shut off? I dont think it does unless it dies. I had a fan stop working and the Antminer was at 80c. Thermal paste was dripping out ect. Ugly.

Wow! 80 celsius?. Was that the displayed temp on the webpage or you measure it?
I read that ants should run below 50c as on the surface, the chips run another 30c higher.

As reported by the WebUI. Again, this was with a fan that failed. I fixed the fan and now it mines all day happily.

I know low 50's is not ideal, but will they run okay at low 50's for an extended period of time?
Activity: 728

Get a fan and install on the front facing out.  You will see a big temp difference in push-pull mode.

legendary
Activity: 1148

Get a fan and install on the front facing out.  You will see a big temp difference in push-pull mode.
Activity: 138
Got mine on the 7/4/2014 it looked new without dust but it was hashing the moment I plugged it.So was used but for how long???

I just got a new one yesterday and it looked clean and UN-used also. The reason they hash soon as they hit the net is because of testing. Not sure if that counts as used. I can say one thing...I have 7 AntMiners and one 5 card GPU miner. My little ants work great, as for the GPU always got to watch it to make sure it's running fast and no re-boots or updates needed.

These AntMiners rock!

Rob
legendary
Activity: 1036
Got mine on the 7/4/2014 it looked new without dust but it was hashing the moment I plugged it.So was used but for how long???
Activity: 674
Activity: 26
In Stock Again.

Let me guess not profitable at $400, so it's out of stock.  Soon as it's >$450, magically in stock again.

It's a miracle!   Cheesy

I think Ninjatech has S1 in stock

Usually Ninjatech orders directly from Bitmain though.  So, if Bitmain is out of stock, then Ninjatech is too.

When I ordered from Ninja, the label said it's from Shenzen China, not Arizona where Ninjatech is based.

You probably right ChuckBuck.
Ninja wrote something about having new/used units available, so I thought he might have them in stock.
Why do you think the S1 are geting hard to find?  Bitmain stop making them?

They probably winding down S1 inventory, to ship more S2's instead.

They're also probably working on their next generation miner at the same time.

Probably    Smiley
Activity: 159
For anyone interested I have two two week old antminers up for grabs and im in uk with miners ready for nextday dispatch so no waiting no tax to pay or anything like that :

i had to by £120 import vat one of these which was a nasty surprise to say the least!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569725.new#new

i can also do escrow if your not close enough to collect.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
In Stock Again.

Let me guess not profitable at $400, so it's out of stock.  Soon as it's >$450, magically in stock again.

It's a miracle!   Cheesy

Usually Ninjatech orders directly from Bitmain though.  So, if Bitmain is out of stock, then Ninjatech is too.

When I ordered from Ninja, the label said it's from Shenzen China, not Arizona where Ninjatech is based.

Ninja wrote something about having new/used units available, so I thought he might have them in stock.

They probably winding down S1 inventory, to ship more S2's instead.

They're also probably working on their next generation miner at the same time.
Activity: 26
In Stock Again.

It's a miracle!   Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
In Stock Again.

It's a miracle!   Cheesy

More than likely is replacing the older s1 units for s2 units, and preparing those for packaging and shipping out.

yep the s-1 is soon to vanish.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
In Stock Again.

It's a miracle!   Cheesy

More than likely is replacing the older s1 units for s2 units, and preparing those for packaging and shipping out.
Pages:
Jump to: