Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit - page 10. (Read 16012 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 14, 2014, 03:42:45 PM
for us less tech savvy people like myself the price is way to high for me. I would hate to mess up the upgrade and ruin my s1 along with almost half a btc.

Not to mention you gotta wait over a month?

no thanks
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
August 14, 2014, 12:44:19 PM
I am very happy with my miners from Bitmain but I think this upgrade kit is way too expensive, you could sell your S1 and just buy S3, the difference in price is .12BTC which is about $60, not worth the hassle of doing the upgrade but if you have a broken S1 or non-functional S1 then perhaps it's worth it.

my 2 cents.

Agree. And remember; if you buy an S3 you can still use your old S1. It will still run profitably for a while, especially if underclocked.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 14, 2014, 11:48:59 AM
I'm going for it from a hacking perspective.  After upgrading I want to look into Frankenstein-ing the old boards into some kind of an undervolted custom configuration and try to squeeze a tiny bit more from them.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
August 14, 2014, 10:17:39 AM
I am very happy with my miners from Bitmain but I think this upgrade kit is way too expensive, you could sell your S1 and just buy S3, the difference in price is .12BTC which is about $60, not worth the hassle of doing the upgrade but if you have a broken S1 or non-functional S1 then perhaps it's worth it.

my 2 cents.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
August 14, 2014, 05:33:49 AM
I think this is a great upgrade kit and have ordered 2 already, my S1's will have a new lease of life and my hash rate will go up, I just wish they would be available sooner.

I tend not to look at the ROI charts as mining is a very speculative venture and no one knows whet Bitcoins will be worth in the future. I am just content that I am supporting the network and that in the future I may see some rewards for this.

My initial investment in mining hardware for in FIAT currency, but all upgrades are in Bitcoin so I have effectively written off my initial FIAT investment and will keep churning Bitcoin for hardware until I build up a substantial reserve of bitcoins.

I will only know if this strategy is good in a few years time, but I am confident that eventually my investment will come good. Anyone looking for a fast buck from mining will be disappointed, today mining is a long term and speculative investment.

As an aside, it is also great fun to watch your miners racking up Bitcoins, certainly this is worth something in entertainment value alone.
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
August 14, 2014, 04:51:29 AM
Brilliant from Bitmain.

I'm not sure on the ROI of this but Bitmain have always tried to "look after" their existing customers and this upgrade kit will help a few out with their old S1's.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 14, 2014, 04:41:59 AM
The another thing I find odd the 2nd fan NOT in the kit
Activity: 224
August 14, 2014, 02:13:28 AM
Specifications:

Hash Rate: 453 GH/s±5% with great OC potential

Power Consumption: 355 Watt at the wall

Power Efficiency: 0.78 J/GH on wall

The price is 0.46 BTC.

It's a cool kit but VERY EXPENSIVE. I did some calculations at Bitcoin Wisdom and it will most likely make a tiny, tiny profit of 0.1 BTC or so.
And this is without taking into consideration that the S1 anyway would generate more than that if I leave it running underclocked and undervolted.

Will YOU buy the S1 Upgrade Kit? If so, what is your reasoning?

bad news you need to buy 2 of them that other problem for someone only had 1,3,5 S1.

3 and more is no problem. Just AT LEAST 2
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 14, 2014, 02:10:18 AM
Specifications:

The price is 0.46 BTC.

It's a cool kit but VERY EXPENSIVE. I did some calculations at Bitcoin Wisdom and it will most likely make a tiny, tiny profit of 0.1 BTC or so.
And this is without taking into consideration that the S1 anyway would generate more than that if I leave it running underclocked and undervolted.

bad news you need to buy 2 of them that other problem for someone only had 1,3,5 S1.
Activity: 180
August 14, 2014, 02:04:37 AM
Specifications:

The price is 0.46 BTC.

Pages:
Jump to: