Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit - page 7. (Read 16012 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
September 18, 2014, 04:29:39 PM
I thought it was supposed to come with a cover?

sadly no that might make it cost more those covers the S3 uses are  nice  not the best but nice . if you watched the video and read the parts offered it just a upgrade and  a real upgrade .
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 18, 2014, 12:00:40 PM
I wonder if that will make much difference in the temp compared to a real S3+
Activity: 361
Merit: 267
September 18, 2014, 10:11:21 AM

Nope:
https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=0002014081313175081722f1GeUO063F

S1 Upgrade Kit includes:

1.  2 units of hash boards

2.  2 units of mini customized heat sink

3.  1 unit of adapter board

4.  1 unit of control board holder

5.  1 fan including the fan's cover and screws

6.  4 units of white plastic brackets, 2 units of 2x10 pin cables, 8 screws, 8 spring screws

7.  You shall prepare our own thermal paste, which is easy to be ordered:
Activity: 728
September 18, 2014, 09:46:37 AM
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
September 18, 2014, 09:32:48 AM
Does it use the same CGMiner or do we flash the unit to an S3?

the upgrade i think video say's the controller mount for the upgrade convert it to A s3 . I was told when I got  my email from the US vendor i bought my S3 from that they are  gonna release a Firmware up date   that upgrades to the latest version of CGMiner 4.6.0 or later what ever is out when they DO Imo i wish it would Include bfgminer to i like BFGmner more no offense intended to the DEV of cgminer.

I'm guessing but yea you need to update the controller once it is  mounted sense I have tryed to use a S3 firmware on a S1 board  some thing on the mount makes it seen as a S3 .

There are some folks working on antminer support for bfgminer, myself included. Almost done designing a USB dongle to control a pair of S1 blades (since I can't get a farking crossbuild environment set up)
September 18, 2014, 09:01:17 AM

the upgrade i think video say's the controller mount for the upgrade convert it to A s3 . I was told when I got  my email from the US vendor i bought my S3 from that they are  gonna release a Firmware up date   that upgrades to the latest version of CGMiner 4.6.0 or later what ever is out when they DO Imo i wish it would Include bfgminer to i like BFGmner more no offense intended to the DEV of cgminer.

I'm guessing but yea you need to update the controller once it is  mounted sense I have tryed to use a S3 firmware on a S1 board  some thing on the mount makes it seen as a S3 .

Thanks for the answer.
legendary
September 18, 2014, 08:13:12 AM

September 18, 2014, 07:56:59 AM
legendary
September 18, 2014, 07:32:57 AM
I have not seen this clarified so I will add it.

You do not have to get the 2 units of the kits from Bitmain, YOU CAN GET JUST 1 UNIT directly from bitmain, and here's how you do it.
1. Got to the bitmain website and select to buy the kit.
2. Go to the checkout and complete the order for the 2 units MOQ.
3. If you chose to pay with bitcoin, when you get the address to make payment, send bitcoins for 1 unit, i.e 046 BTC
4. Optionally, you can add a note in the Notes section that you only want 1 unit.

Cool ty il do just that i only want one for now and will pay cash later on .

Activity: 518
September 18, 2014, 07:24:45 AM
I have not seen this clarified so I will add it.

You do not have to get the 2 units of the kits from Bitmain, YOU CAN GET JUST 1 UNIT directly from bitmain, and here's how you do it.
1. Got to the bitmain website and select to buy the kit.
2. Go to the checkout and complete the order for the 2 units MOQ.
3. If you chose to pay with bitcoin, when you get the address to make payment, send bitcoins for 1 unit, i.e 046 BTC
4. Optionally, you can add a note in the Notes section that you only want 1 unit.
legendary
September 18, 2014, 07:22:41 AM
Someone Can Please Help!
I have 2 broken control boards of my old Antminers S1. I need these boards to the Ugrade Kit?

Please inform which part of old Antminer S1 will be in use in new Upgrade Kit, it seems everything is in Upgrade Kit. Nothing of my old antminers - except the support structure - will be recycled even the old fans are not in use with the new Kit, correct?

yuo tube video just how it works Smiley .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS7Mir7K_Pc&feature=youtu.be

more detailed one Smiley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhx1jiuaJY8     
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
September 18, 2014, 07:18:06 AM
legendary
September 18, 2014, 07:13:49 AM
Sense bitmain has two videos on YouTube how the upgrade works it seems to upgrade from a S1 to S3  you need the S1 controller, both heat sinks unless you oped to water cool i think those heat sink should work the old screws form the Old hash boards the frame from the S1 unless you plan to customize a case around the upgrade or use a custom case if you have one .T paste then your set so i can see were using the old hash boards still might have  some use left not much but some.

I think they did a really nice job with the up grade i for one plan to get two kits or working on getting two .  My S 3 will be here some time next week , i want the up grade more now not for the hash power more  for the Uber  fun of doing it  and ofc for the hash power . i did read some place S2 user will get a upgrade kit  just no eta yet with speeds up to 2 TH .
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
September 18, 2014, 02:17:35 AM
Just got my tracking number Smiley said 6 upgrade kits are on the way and should be here tomorrow 9/18 etc.. I was actually worried, since I purchased (2) S3 miners and the kits.  Bitmain just told me they shipped separate, and I've already got the order for the S3's.  He just sent the tracking info about 10minutes ago, and responded in 1 hour Smiley.  Nice!  

Oh for those interested I'll have a couple extra S1 upgrade kits.. if someone wants to buy em off me.  I oversold my S1's on Ebay and now will have two extra kits left over once they get here.  PM if your interested. I figure if someone wants to toy around with one kit.. this maybe an option?  I also will have several fans and screw kits for the second missing fan if needed. I'll Know more once I can spend a few minutes looking over the contents coming.  I'll probably be asking at cost of the kit plus shipping just to get rid of the extra two.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
September 18, 2014, 01:48:32 AM
Does anyone know if the upgrade uses a new controller card?  It doesn't list 1 in the details.

It includes an adapter for use with the s1 controller
Activity: 395
Merit: 10
September 17, 2014, 11:38:51 PM
My upgrade kit was shipped, due here on 19/09.  Looking forward to the efficiency and hash rate improvement compared to the S1's.

Cheers

mine was not shipped yet im guessing by tommorow morning it will be marked as shipped Cheesy
September 17, 2014, 10:57:35 PM
Does anyone know if the upgrade uses a new controller card?  It doesn't list 1 in the details.
Activity: 616
September 16, 2014, 09:07:27 PM
My upgrade kit was shipped, due here on 19/09.  Looking forward to the efficiency and hash rate improvement compared to the S1's.

Cheers
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
September 16, 2014, 12:32:08 PM
They have started shipping them.
Activity: 840
September 16, 2014, 11:30:06 AM
Hi,
Broken means, only the ventilator are working.
I try to connect blades to other controller and blades are fine.
First this problem starts without contacts to the blades, controller blink but don´t start working.
Now Controller don't make nothing, is dead Smiley

I Can't find the Taugeran's post regarding unbricking.

Yes Taugeran, your service as welcome, please Mp.

Check the voltage coming out of the mp1484. The hashing board shouldn't work without the +3.3, but check it just in case, it will take 2 minutes.
The power header for the controller only have 4 pins
Pins 1 and 2 are ground.
Pins 3 and 4 are +3.3v
Pages:
Jump to: