Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit - page 2. (Read 16012 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 0
October 15, 2014, 02:18:24 PM
Didn't help with the f/w update to S3 =( The controller board lighted up nicely on another S1 and updated the f/w without problems when i made the update.
Looks like (hope) the S3 control board is broken rather than the hashing boards....
October 15, 2014, 11:59:49 AM
Yes, there is a reset button on the smaller S1 cotrol board and i tried it yesterday and didnt help =( Havent looked but is there a reset button on the bigger control board also?
But the red light on the bigger control board is so weak that you almost cant see it, doesnt light up as led lights on my other S1. So something is wrong =(
Gonna try some stuff when i get home later and see where i stand.
Thanks for the reply mate =)
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
October 15, 2014, 11:06:42 AM
I'm not looking at it at the moment, but I seem to recall a small black reset button on the control board.  You might try that, if it's there and I'm not imagining things.  Should be the same as an S3 to reset.  I seem to recall as well that if you're only getting one red light, it means it needs to be reset.  But beyond that, who knows?  Just trying to help.
October 14, 2014, 05:33:10 PM
So you should update the firmware before you dissemble your S1? Could try it have to just order more thermal paste first.
RMA?
Have to go to sleep now. Gonna look at it tommorow.
Thanks
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
October 14, 2014, 05:19:56 PM
Where did you buy it?Huh

If you can, try to build it back into S1, then hard reset the control card.  From there, you can upgrade the firmware to S3+

Hope this will fix it, if not RMA...  Cry

Yes; i read about it too about cables not been seated.
The weird thing is that it worked for 30-60 sec when i went upstairs. And now the red led on the "S3" board barely lights up and fans on full speed. Maybe a faulty "S3" board then. Or could it be something wrong with the S1 control board?
What should i do? =(
Thanks for the replies.
October 14, 2014, 05:14:09 PM
Yes; i read about it too about cables not been seated.
The weird thing is that it worked for 30-60 sec when i went upstairs. And now the red led on the "S3" board barely lights up and fans on full speed. Maybe a faulty "S3" board then. Or could it be something wrong with the S1 control board?
What should i do? =(
Thanks for the replies.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
October 14, 2014, 04:55:55 PM
If you could, build the unit back as S1 and see if it functions.  If it works, then convert it to S3+ again.

Please check each cable to make sure they are seated well. 

When you upgrade, please upgrade the firmware to S3 as S1 frequency is way to high for S3+ unit.

If you rebuilt the S1 and it works, but then S3+ will not work after the upgrade, please contact the seller for after sales support.  If you purchased it from Ebay or Amazon or any other online retailers, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund per their policy

Hi!
Got my upgrade kit today. I followed the youtube video. Everything went well and i powered it up. Lights strt to blink on the control boards and the Lan connection. Then i went upstairs to my computer to make the firmware update to S3 firmware. Before i managed to login to my upgraded S1 i hear suddenly that the fans started to blow full power making lot of noise and went down stair to check. Found that no lights were blinking. One led light (red) were barely lighten up on the new controller board, you almost couldnt see it.

I checked all the cables tried with 2 PSU (Corsair CX600) at the same time. no progress =(

Any ideas or tips? Is my upgrade kit f****d up? =(

Thanks
October 14, 2014, 04:22:06 PM
Yes, that should be plenty of power.  I put together six of them and had no problems with any.  Some people here had issues due to cables not being properly seated.  Make sure no pins are bent as well.  Of course, it's always possibly you got a bad board, but you'd be the first I heard of.
October 14, 2014, 03:20:55 PM
hope so. I did that, checked that they were seated. You can only put the cables one way? gonna check the cables one more time little bit later.
I should have enough power with a corsair cx600?
October 14, 2014, 02:33:21 PM
Seems unlikely you blew the control board.  Unplug and replug all the cables.  Make sure none are reversed, and all are seated properly. 
October 14, 2014, 02:10:12 PM
Hi!
Got my upgrade kit today. I followed the youtube video. Everything went well and i powered it up. Lights strt to blink on the control boards and the Lan connection. Then i went upstairs to my computer to make the firmware update to S3 firmware. Before i managed to login to my upgraded S1 i hear suddenly that the fans started to blow full power making lot of noise and went down stair to check. Found that no lights were blinking. One led light (red) were barely lighten up on the new controller board, you almost couldnt see it.

I checked all the cables tried with 2 PSU (Corsair CX600) at the same time. no progress =(

Any ideas or tips? Is my upgrade kit f****d up? =(

Thanks
Activity: 8
October 08, 2014, 02:23:27 AM
finally got one to day after weeks of mining .  I even went to bitmain site to order one they stopped selling it , then i found another site that had it on sell for 209 as i was ordering it it sold out so two days ago i was on E bay that was my last resort before i bought it off amazon and tired to work a deal with some one there i won't get into how that went so I  ended up buying one off of amazon this morning for 266 free shipping .  its was shipped all most right way i was very impressed with how fast he shipped it. may be Friday i get to have some upgrade fun .

Happy mining

cya
You can get an s3 for that price though =/

its not the money i wont buy any more unless its be low 200

it was more for the fun of doing it .

The S1 upgrade kit was probably the biggest favor bitmain has offered it's customers, and I'm glad I bought mine when I did. Naturally it occurred to me with the glut of S1 for sale on ebay as people bail on mining, why not pick up a few units specifically to upgrade once bitmain restocked and started selling the kits again. Thank God I sent an email to bitmain before buying S1s for that purpose. Here's how it went.

2014-10-08 5:52 GMT+08:00

Are you going to start reselling the S1 upgrade kit? If so when? Please respond. Thank you

Hi,
it's discontinued, consider other product to try:)

Best Regards

BITMAIN

The upshot, the upgrade kits which produced a cooler running, faster, more stable unit than the S3+, were cannibalizing bitmain's sales of the new S3+ units. Not good for their bottom line. If your sitting on a bunch of S1 waiting to upgrade them, you'll want to get what you can for them, as quickly as you can, before your left with a bunch of overpriced boat anchors. Thanks Bitmain, I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Activity: 518
October 06, 2014, 10:22:46 AM
Has anyone had issues with missing parts??  I got mine and was missing one set of the 2x10 pin cables.  Next quest...is there anywhere that I can order these cables from??  I emailed Bitmain and they wont send them to me unless I place another order from them...Seems like bad business, but whatever.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you sure they are 10 pin cables?
Heres one on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/360941816064?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

And here's an 8 way on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/92315-0810-Molex-Cable-Assembly-Flat-8-Way-100mm-/360941816061?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item5409cf08fd
Activity: 16
October 06, 2014, 10:07:05 AM
Has anyone had issues with missing parts??  I got mine and was missing one set of the 2x10 pin cables.  Next quest...is there anywhere that I can order these cables from??  I emailed Bitmain and they wont send them to me unless I place another order from them...Seems like bad business, but whatever.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
October 03, 2014, 05:02:30 PM
finally got one to day after weeks of mining .  I even went to bitmain site to order one they stopped selling it , then i found another site that had it on sell for 209 as i was ordering it it sold out so two days ago i was on E bay that was my last resort before i bought it off amazon and tired to work a deal with some one there i won't get into how that went so I  ended up buying one off of amazon this morning for 266 free shipping .  its was shipped all most right way i was very impressed with how fast he shipped it. may be Friday i get to have some upgrade fun .

Happy mining

cya
You can get an s3 for that price though =/

its not the money i wont buy any more unless its be low 200

it was more for the fun of doing it .

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2014, 09:17:58 AM

Happy mining

cya
Activity: 616
September 30, 2014, 05:56:10 AM
Having issues with one of my upgrades. All of the other 6 units are hashing without issue, but one unit refuses to mine. I'm getting 100% discarded. I'm not sure what's going on with this unit.

I've tried the following:
1. Updated to latest S3 firmware, not saving config
2. Configured unit from scratch (same problem)
3. Backed up and restored a working config from another unit (same problem)
4. Rebooted numerous times
5. Powered off/on unit numerous times

I'm running out of ideas on what could be the issue. Any ideas of suggestions from the community on what could be causing this issue?
Check that there is no IP conflict with other units (that this Antminer is setup to a unique IP, my preference is to stick with fixed addresses on the wired WAN setting). 
Make sure that there are no typo's in the pool settings (had one of those on my very first S1, thought it was DOA).
If these fail to solve it, try first to do a Reboot (System, reboot tab, click 'reboot now').
Failing that, make sure that all of your ribbon cable connectors are fully pushed into their sockets, and follow the same connection pattern as on the working units (see post above where another user had an issue with the connector not fully engaged).
You can also swap power supplies etc.

Cheers
Activity: 616
September 30, 2014, 05:49:52 AM
Someone Can Please Help!
I have 2 broken control boards of my old Antminers S1. I need these boards to the Ugrade Kit?

Please inform which part of old Antminer S1 will be in use in new Upgrade Kit, it seems everything is in Upgrade Kit. Nothing of my old antminers - except the support structure - will be recycled even the old fans are not in use with the new Kit, correct?

I just bought a set of upgrades, and they require the Lan-wireless boards...  and it only comes with one fan... to upgrade your system to a push pull system...  and Im not happy with mine,,  missing cables, and screws...  just not happy at all... and the one I got working,,,  will only hash at 100G Hash...  so Im done!
Did you install the new firmware (make sure to untick 'keep settings'), setup the network and pool config and select the frequency (Miner configuration, 'advanced' tab)?
I did a pair of upgrades and they are working just fine.  The only minor flaws are that the 2nd fan speed is not displayed and the LAN connector has limited space, so molded Ethernet RJ-45 connectors cannot fit.  Both of the upgraded S1/3's can be pushed to 250 MHz doing about 500 GH/s, or run in 'economy mode' at 206.5 MHz doing about 415 GH/s (and anything in between).

Cheers
Activity: 9
September 29, 2014, 11:09:30 PM
Having issues with one of my upgrades. All of the other 6 units are hashing without issue, but one unit refuses to mine. I'm getting 100% discarded. I'm not sure what's going on with this unit.

I've tried the following:
1. Updated to latest S3 firmware, not saving config
2. Configured unit from scratch (same problem)
3. Backed up and restored a working config from another unit (same problem)
4. Rebooted numerous times
5. Powered off/on unit numerous times

I'm running out of ideas on what could be the issue. Any ideas of suggestions from the community on what could be causing this issue?
Activity: 2
September 28, 2014, 08:06:12 AM
Someone Can Please Help!
I have 2 broken control boards of my old Antminers S1. I need these boards to the Ugrade Kit?

Please inform which part of old Antminer S1 will be in use in new Upgrade Kit, it seems everything is in Upgrade Kit. Nothing of my old antminers - except the support structure - will be recycled even the old fans are not in use with the new Kit, correct?

I just bought a set of upgrades, and they require the Lan-wireless boards...  and it only comes with one fan... to upgrade your system to a push pull system...  and Im not happy with mine,,  missing cables, and screws...  just not happy at all... and the one I got working,,,  will only hash at 100G Hash...  so Im done!
Pages:
Jump to: