Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 121. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
Did S1 buyers received S2 coupons?

Yeah, i have 21xs1 and 21xs2 so yeah, s1 buyers got it too.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Some people who has lots of $400 coupons can help other miners out.

You buy S2 with $400 and buyer sends money to escrow. Miner gets delivered and escrow is released.
Lets say buyer pays you $200 on top and still saves $200 from full price  Grin

I am willing to do this for someone - would be willing to sell the coupon use for $100 each  ($300 savings to someone who didnt have a previous bitmain account/purchase!)
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

i think it goes for s1 and for s2.....

why no one told me that they have that?

I just saw the offer this morning, if this means $400 off coupon for each of my past S1/S2 purchases..  Oh man I need to call the sales creature get some cabinets put together!

same. I just got an absolute buttload of the $400 coupons in my account - but btc prices need to go above $500 before the S2 is appealing as an alternative to the S1. (either that, or drop the price another ~$300)
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Some people who got lots of $400 coupons can help other miners out.

Buyer sends money to escrow, You buy S2 with $400 coupon. Miner gets delivered and escrow is released.
Lets say buyer pays you $200 on top and still saves $200 from full price  Grin
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
Did S1 buyers received S2 coupons?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
i have 55 $400 S2 coupons...
More like coupon monsoon Shocked
Activity: 630
i have 55 $400 S2 coupons...
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
try...?

and no.

Hmm.. 7 S2's = $15.3K  Cool
legendary
Can I apply multiple coupons to one machine purchase?

same question for me Smiley

No, its one coupon per device ordered.
Activity: 560

same question for me Smiley
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Thanks.  Of course not, my own risk Wink
I think conductive silver paint is going to be hard to find here, I will try something like this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMr9kk1uHk
Haha, I watched that exact video when trying to fix my S1, theoretically it should work, but the resistance might be a bit high, I guess it would be a good idea to check the resistance on a board that works, if you have the equipment... I didn't bother  Smiley

freebit, HOW the Hell did you spot that missing resistor??

LOL, SEVEN x 400USD 'coupons'
I'd checked all the boards after disassembling the chaos inside the casing, but didn't notice it then. Once I'd gotten the bent and twisted pci slots working well enough the one board was still not registering, so that narrowed it down... it took a while finding though  Wink
Activity: 728
Nice.

Activity: 178
OMG, 10 0.05 BTC coupon and 10 400USD coupon.
I don't know how to spend them now  Huh Huh Huh
legendary
Woah.. check your coupons..
legendary
Web site is down for maintenance, please wait ...
Activity: 190
Got my two s2's today. Both where fucked up inside, Cards everywhere, bent pci slots. Plastic thingy holding the cards had about 50% survival rate.
After assembling them back together one did not start and one worked at 650Ghs. After some hours of trying different things I got two new PSU's, XFX Black Edition 1250W and RECOM 1600W(Overkill but had it laying around) One are stable at 1Ths the other is working at 920ghs with row 10 showing only lines.

I feel the s2 is a step down from s1 when it comes to build quality and overall design.
Next time pack each cards individually with bubblewrap and stick them inside the miner. Shipping the miner with the cards already in their slot is borderline retarded.  
I had the same and found that the card that wasn't registering was missing one of the tiny resistors ("0") closest to the pci connection on the board. I replaced the resistor with some pencil and some silver conductive paint and it's working fine for a week now.

Thank you for that, will try it out. Smiley You got picture so I can see? I got no education in electronics so this wil be "monkey see, monkey do"
All I have is this:
https://i.imgur.com/2Zt1Yen.jpg

It just shows which resistor it was, it's slightly blurry. I've got no education in electronics either, but I saw the corresponding resistor on another board had a "0" on it, so figured it wasn't providing much resistance and just shorted it and it worked. It would have been RMA anyway, so I figured I'd give it a go.

Be careful though, I can't take any responsibility if something goes horribly wrong...  Wink

Thanks.  Of course not, my own risk Wink
I think conductive silver paint is going to be hard to find here, I will try something like this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMr9kk1uHk
Activity: 532
Merit: 269
Anyone having issues with the website ?
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Got my two s2's today. Both where fucked up inside, Cards everywhere, bent pci slots. Plastic thingy holding the cards had about 50% survival rate.
After assembling them back together one did not start and one worked at 650Ghs. After some hours of trying different things I got two new PSU's, XFX Black Edition 1250W and RECOM 1600W(Overkill but had it laying around) One are stable at 1Ths the other is working at 920ghs with row 10 showing only lines.

I feel the s2 is a step down from s1 when it comes to build quality and overall design.
Next time pack each cards individually with bubblewrap and stick them inside the miner. Shipping the miner with the cards already in their slot is borderline retarded.  
I had the same and found that the card that wasn't registering was missing one of the tiny resistors ("0") closest to the pci connection on the board. I replaced the resistor with some pencil and some silver conductive paint and it's working fine for a week now.

Thank you for that, will try it out. Smiley You got picture so I can see? I got no education in electronics so this wil be "monkey see, monkey do"
All I have is this:
https://i.imgur.com/2Zt1Yen.jpg

It just shows which resistor it was, it's slightly blurry. I've got no education in electronics either, but I saw the corresponding resistor on another board had a "0" on it, so figured it wasn't providing much resistance and just shorted it and it worked. It would have been RMA anyway, so I figured I'd give it a go.

Be careful though, I can't take any responsibility if something goes horribly wrong...  Wink
Activity: 190

Jump to: