Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 125. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 501
So brand new equipment is not usually the best.   Lol

When I sold my 10 s1 last month I advertised them as thoroughly tested.  As new.
I sold mine as used, but already overclocked and optimized with latest firmware and cgminer Wink

yes I manually upgraded all the units to the latest firmware also.

Did it improve something for the S1?
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

When I sold my 10 s1 last month I advertised them as thoroughly tested.  As new.
I sold mine as used, but already overclocked and optimized with latest firmware and cgminer Wink

yes I manually upgraded all the units to the latest firmware also.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!

I got Satoshi's avatar!
I guess it's difficult to tell if one doesn't know the quality of the products leaving their assembly line... maybe they need to mine with them for a few weeks to make sure they actually work properly because 50% of them need to go back for repairs before they are stable enough to ship... just a thought...
The biggest problem with the S2 seems to be that they aren't designed and/or packed properly for shipping.

Most of the BITMAIN miners I've received out-gassed like crazy for 2-3 days. They were clearly not used. I wish they would mine with them for a few days and spare me the fumes. As you say this would also address some of the DOA issues.
Completely agree on the S2 packaging for delivery, it's just too heavy to not have foam between the boards at least... even having the boards plugged in risks damaging the pci slots.

My S1's and my S2 also seemed brand new and unused when I received them, no sign of dust at all... from some of the posts on here though, it does seem like the luck of the draw.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
I guess it's difficult to tell if one doesn't know the quality of the products leaving their assembly line... maybe they need to mine with them for a few weeks to make sure they actually work properly because 50% of them need to go back for repairs before they are stable enough to ship... just a thought...

The biggest problem with the S2 seems to be that they aren't designed and/or packed properly for shipping.

Most of the BITMAIN miners I've received out-gassed like crazy for 2-3 days. They were clearly not used. I wish they would mine with them for a few days and spare me the fumes. As you say this would also address some of the DOA issues.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

I got Satoshi's avatar!
Activity: 728
If it is a used gear they should mention and DISCOUNT it for God shake!
Activity: 635
I think it's perfectly okay for bitmain to mine before selling and shipping. It's not like you paid them money for a preorder and they use your money to build miners, mine on them, then ship it to you months late.
Bitmain is different than other ASIC's companies. They are trying to setup a win-win situation for themselves and customers. Sounds good to me.

you are joking right? tell you what, next time you go buy a new car, just let the guy on the forecourt take it home to his wife, 3 kids and 2 drooling dogs for a few weeks first.

I can't believe you seriously said that. please keep whatever you are smoking, to yourself.

I don't give 2 licks what they do with the hardware before they ship it. If they ship it when I order it and it works and keeps working, that's all I care about.

+1

Well said....
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think it's perfectly okay for bitmain to mine before selling and shipping. It's not like you paid them money for a preorder and they use your money to build miners, mine on them, then ship it to you months late.
Bitmain is different than other ASIC's companies. They are trying to setup a win-win situation for themselves and customers. Sounds good to me.

you are joking right? tell you what, next time you go buy a new car, just let the guy on the forecourt take it home to his wife, 3 kids and 2 drooling dogs for a few weeks first.

I can't believe you seriously said that. please keep whatever you are smoking, to yourself.

I don't give 2 licks what they do with the hardware before they ship it. If they ship it when I order it and it works and keeps working, that's all I care about.

yeah, well I have the dust allergy from hell, if were to receive a rig that, when I switched it on, blew out a facefull of dust, i could become seriously ill. I'll pass, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Activity: 434

Activity: 674
I think it's perfectly okay for bitmain to mine before selling and shipping.

Bitmain pls go

We're not being deceived by your multiple account bullshit!~!!
Activity: 674
I have just received the second batch S2 today (in Spain) and the unit was totally destroyed.

i opened the box expecting to put back in some connector or board, but I just get shocked when I openened the box:

So I have to put all the boards out, put by force all the bented pci slots and fans connector right again, connect every fan, pci and even the ethernet connector from the beagleboard to the fron of the case. Then one by one put back the boards, but as you can see in the pictures one side of the boards holder is totally destroyed. I don't know who the smart at bitmain has designed the boards holder, but holding so much heavy boards by plastic holders that can be taken out so easy from the chassis is just ridiculous. Why you build so strong chassis if you then put plastic holders that simply pop in the holes, not even with a screw ?

Now what, some type of compensation ? At least a replace of the broken piece and some compensation I expect. I am lucky that after all the miner is hashing right at 1-1.1 TH/s

Top fucking kek

avoid this fucking shit until Bitmain gets their shit together

Who the fuck wants non-wifi bitcoin miners??!@?!@?!?!!

Not me l0l!!  Who the FUCK wants the NOISE and HEAT!!!!!

Hey Bitmain, time to start making miners with wifi compatibility then maybe I would consider purchasining!!>?!!>?>!?!   IF its the right price you greedy bastards!!!!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
i am not getting $31 a day, i am on btc guild, any suggestions
You can't really calculate in $ due to the price fluctuations... with 1TH/s, you should be making just under 0.08btc/day until the next diff change.

If you're new to BTC Guild, it'll take some time for your daily earnings to increase.

BTCG's luck (my luck?) has been horrendous lately. I finally had to take my hash to GHash.io. Don't worry though, now that I'm not at BTCG, the pool luck is guaranteed to instantly and dramatically improve. And if someone reading this is currently mining at GHash.io, it might be time for you to move to a different pool. I'm sure to ruin it for everyone.   Undecided

Still don't understand why people mine on either of those pools.  Eligius is fine minus a few stalled payout glitches.  Slush has been bulletproof as of late, and even Bitminter has been on an absolute TEAR recently.

Get off those bitcoin hazards!!!

ghash has 0% pool fees
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
Bitmain keeps tweeting that whoever has bought S1s recently will get coupons.  I have yet to see the coupons.  Has anybody else out there received coupons recently for S1 purchases?

No but what is recently?

I purchased
3-19 for .988
3-21 for .938
3-26 for .893
4-24 for .630
4-24 for .630

My guess is I have surrounded the 'recent'  qualify for a  coupon dates     with the 3-26 (too long ago)    and  (too recent) 4-24 dates.

But  that is just a guess.

Yeah, not sure what "recent" is either.  I would guess that purchases in April are sufficiently recent.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Bitmain keeps tweeting that whoever has bought S1s recently will get coupons.  I have yet to see the coupons.  Has anybody else out there received coupons recently for S1 purchases?

No but what is recently?

I purchased
3-19 for .988
3-21 for .938
3-26 for .893
4-24 for .630
4-24 for .630

My guess is I have surrounded the 'recent'  qualify for a  coupon dates     with the 3-26 (too long ago)    and  (too recent) 4-24 dates.

But  that is just a guess.
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
Activity: 280
i am not getting $31 a day, i am on btc guild, any suggestions
You can't really calculate in $ due to the price fluctuations... with 1TH/s, you should be making just under 0.08btc/day until the next diff change.

If you're new to BTC Guild, it'll take some time for your daily earnings to increase.

BTCG's luck (my luck?) has been horrendous lately. I finally had to take my hash to GHash.io. Don't worry though, now that I'm not at BTCG, the pool luck is guaranteed to instantly and dramatically improve. And if someone reading this is currently mining at GHash.io, it might be time for you to move to a different pool. I'm sure to ruin it for everyone.   Undecided

Still don't understand why people mine on either of those pools.  Eligius is fine minus a few stalled payout glitches.  Slush has been bulletproof as of late, and even Bitminter has been on an absolute TEAR recently.

Get off those bitcoin hazards!!!
Jump to: