Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 145. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
PSU is now officially DEAD....

Emailing Bitmain AGAIN....
edgar, I have a dead PSU too...haven't emailed BITMAIN about yet since I was going to give it one more try, but I know what is going to happen. It will work for 8 hrs and then shut down again, and since I haven't had the chance to baby sit it I haven't been able to test it.

When it first when down, even after power off for 5 mins and then trying again, it didn't work, but 15/20 mins. later it worked again, except I didn't give it 2nd try since I wasn't going to baby sit it then and there. I installed one of own know GOOD working PSU. And now 29 of 30 Antminer S2 blades hashing away.

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to hash with it yet, but let the PSU cool down and it will work again for now.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Edgar, were you able to log in to your S2?

eventually yes, using

192.168.1.99/index.html

thanks to Zelek Uther for that...

Still not hashing though, despite 24 hrs of 'surgery'
My only guess is that your S2 cannot 'see' the internet. You can obviously ping it from your pc/laptop, but can you ping out to the internet from the miner? Can you ping your pc/laptop from the S2?

I've also found that chopping and changing ip addresses doesn't always work very well, especially on windows networks and sometimes a router reboot solves things or just wait 5 mins after each time you change something to make sure the network has updated.
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Not having fun with these.

Had to drill the screws to plug in the stupid ribbon cable. Had to take out a fan to get there. Internal ethernet cable is busted, had to replace it. Everything inside is covered in spooge. All the cards are loose and shaky.

Now Im stuck at 0gh/s. anyone have any ideas?

This happened to me.  Re-flash the firmware from the Bitmain webpage if you havent already (grab the latest one).  fired right up after for me.

I already did that. Having cooling issues now. Seems like if any module touches 63C the entire thing shuts down.
Sounds like your psu is maxing out and probably tripping, it'll take a few minutes before it resets and will turn on again, it's a safety in the psu itself.

I've not received my unit yet, but read that others have had success by taking out a board or 2 to take some load off the psu. I'd suggest removing the boards closest to the psu as they seem to get the hottest... it might help with the overheating issue.
Activity: 336
Edgar, were you able to log in to your S2?
Activity: 728
Sorry, but Bitmain failed here.
Activity: 434

Had to drill the screws to plug in the stupid ribbon cable. Had to take out a fan to get there. Internal ethernet cable is busted, had to replace it. Everything inside is covered in spooge. All the cards are loose and shaky.

This happened to me.  Re-flash the firmware from the Bitmain webpage if you havent already (grab the latest one).  fired right up after for me.

System Upgrade Failed

tar: invalid magic tar: short read cp: can't stat '*': No such file or directory

send it back boss.

what? the whole thing?

surely we can work out which component is borked, no?

hopeful for ya. best luck.
Activity: 280
at least u got it running.

why would mine not take the firmware?

Did you get an error message?  What happened when you tried to load the firmware?
S2 shuts down, no power.

Check breakers, all are fine.

Toggle switch, no life.

Change plugs, no life

Change circuits, no life.

Change rooms same circuit, now it works.

Go back to original plug, now it works.

What the fuck is wrong with this equipment lol.

Just an FYI on that.  You have to let power flush from the circuits completely.  This is accomplished by turning the unit off for a full 2 minutes.  Once done it should fire right up!
Activity: 21
Merit: 0

I already did that. Having cooling issues now. Seems like if any module touches 63C the entire thing shuts down.
Activity: 434

System Upgrade Failed

tar: invalid magic tar: short read cp: can't stat '*': No such file or directory

send it back boss.

ZiG
Activity: 406
I am eager for Batch 3 Ant S2 from Bitmain. We all know that Spondoolies offer 1.4 TH/s with 3600$, shipping before May 10th.
It is a tough time for Bitmain to beat competitors!

Where are these Spondoolies SP10 for $3600 ...I only see 2 x SP10 for $8K...1 is $4.5K ...?

SP10
Dawson

Hashing power1.4 TH/s
    Shipment dateJune
    Price3,495 USD

Thanks...but NOT NOW...I knew about June...by then S2 will be $2000 ...hopefully ... Wink
Activity: 13
I am eager for Batch 3 Ant S2 from Bitmain. We all know that Spondoolies offer 1.4 TH/s with 3600$, shipping before May 10th.

Where are these Spondoolies SP10 for $3600 ...I only see 2 x SP10 for $8K...1 is $4.5K ...?

SP10
Dawson

Hashing power1.4 TH/s
    Shipment dateJune
    Price3,495 USD

ZiG
Activity: 406

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Im about to throw this thing out the window honestly.

I have had every problem with this unit. Bad Display, bad screws, bad internal ethernet cable, not hashing for hours, everything covered in spooge, bad PSU.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
S2 shuts down, no power.

Toggle switch, no life.

Change plugs, no life

Sounds thermal. While you were messing around with things, it cooled off and reset itself.

Switch PSU.
And now it turned itself off again.

Im sorry Im not sure how much more of this i can take.
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
foolish me, i already downlaoded that file from Bitmain/support

and i already updated to 1l1l1l1l1ls image last night

i do have one S1 rig that is on 192.168.1.99 but that shouldnt matter if ive changed the S2 ip to something else..?

It shouldn't matter... but just for the sake of using 1l1l1l1l1ls image untouched why not try changing your S1 to another IP address?

Just trying to eliminate any complications... your S2 should work on 1l1l1l1l1ls image with no changes at all... later we'll need change it so it mines for you, but for now we just need to get your S2 hashing.

If your S2 doesn't work with 1l1l1l1l1ls stock image, then stick with 1l1l1l1l1ls image and start eliminating pieces of hardware one by one... e.g. try it all identical except swap the SD card for another (new) one.  Try it all identical except swap out the PSU for a known good one.  Then try with a new BBB...

AFK now... g'luck!  Hope to see your S2 hashing soon.
S2 shuts down, no power.

Toggle switch, no life.

Change plugs, no life

Jump to: