Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 160. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Change Delivery
Request Status Updates
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Tuesday, 04/22/2014, By End of Day
Last Location:
Arrived - Shenzhen, China, Sunday, 04/13/2014
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

I have to say innoman is not a member of my family. LOL

We are all doing our best, thanks for your comments

Juan

Haha, agreed--I am not.  Just a satisfied customer right now.  Issues always come up with this sort of thing, it's just the nature of the business.  It's how they are dealt with.  I got the wrong tracking number, emailed and got the right one right away.  I got a problematic device and I'm getting support.  I won't lie, I was a little concerned with my first S1 because communication was slow/limited but I got it in a reasonable amount of time even though I didn't get a tracking number right away.  Stuff happens.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
Thanks buddy I will add some light and try again in the AM
I had a working unit before I attempted a new power supply....
But it didnt always come up and has on power restart.  A couple restarts it would.....so I guessed a PSU issue.
Went larger 1200 Thermaltake....and noticed the ribbon cable had nicks....was not sure that could cause intermitent issue or not.
I hate to box the whole think up and send it back....I mean none of us are stupid....just challenged.....lmao
I will reach out to Juan this time I was smart and bought through US dist just in case

Juan has been pretty awesome at attempting to help me with mine.  I have it working alright, for now.  I am familiar with your issue, did you update to the latest firmware?  I would suggest trying the original power supply with the updated firmware () and letting it run.  If it fails (stops mining and starts beeping), go to miner settings in the WebUI and click Save&Apply in the bottom right.  Hopefully it will run from there but if not, try clicking Save&Apply again.  Don't use reboot or try power cycling, that doesn't seem to be as effective.  

With any luck, it will go until the next power cycle.  Which PSU are you trying to use, btw?  I want to look at the specs and see how they compare to the original.  I noticed a lot of 1300w PSU's are barely, if any, more capable than the one they shipped (based on advertised numbers, of course).  

I have to say innoman is not a member of my family. LOL

We are all doing our best, thanks for your comments

Juan
But it didnt always come up and has on power restart.  A couple restarts it would.....so I guessed a PSU issue.
Went larger 1200 Thermaltake....and noticed the ribbon cable had nicks....was not sure that could cause intermitent issue or not.
I hate to box the whole think up and send it back....I mean none of us are stupid....just challenged.....lmao
I will reach out to Juan this time I was smart and bought through US dist just in case

Hopefully Juan can get you squared away--he's definitely been trying to work things out for me.  I have it working alright, for now.  I am familiar with your issue, did you update to the latest firmware?  I would suggest trying the original power supply with the updated firmware () and letting it run.  If it fails (stops mining and starts beeping), go to miner settings in the WebUI and click Save&Apply in the bottom right.  Hopefully it will run from there but if not, try clicking Save&Apply again.  Don't use reboot or try power cycling, that doesn't seem to be as effective.  

With any luck, it will go until the next power cycle.  Which PSU are you trying to use, btw?  I want to look at the specs and see how they compare to the original.  I noticed a lot of 1300w PSU's are barely, if any, more capable than the one they shipped (based on advertised numbers, of course).  
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

But it didnt always come up and has on power restart.  A couple restarts it would.....so I guessed a PSU issue.

Seriously?  Two days late and you're calling him crooked?  There isn't an industry that I know of where things don't turn up late, even from huge multi-national corporations.  I've never considered them crooks and liars for a missed delivery, (plenty of other reasons, but not that).

You're obviously from a different planet than I am.

This thread is getting really difficult to follow...  What is going on and on about Bitmain shipping a little late going to fix?  Your box got shipped late, you're really mad, you think Bitmain is really crooked, the world is coming to an end because no other vendor on the planet ever ships late.... We got it!  Bitmain isn't Amazon (about the only company I deal with who always seems to meet their ship/delivery dates, almost) and it sucks you lost a couple of days--maybe they'll hook you up with a coupon or something later.  MOVE ON!  What's done is done. We feel your pain, we get your frustration but OMG INBD!!! :-) Maybe we can start a totally separate thread for shipping frustration regarding the S2?

On a more important note, has anyone accomplished any acceptable overclocking?  As in, better than 25-30GH/s over stock?  I'm currently getting right at 1TH/s and not much over, I think some are getting closer to 1060GH/s stock?  I think a steady 150-200GH/s would be necessary to justify an upgraded PSU.

I'm also curious on how Bitmain has handled the totally un-workable units?  Like the ones that arrived damaged beyond customer repair.  As of now 112bit (Juan G.) is working on getting an issue with mine resolved (potential PSU issue) and so far, Bitmain seems to want me to send mine in for troubleshooting and repair--they've suggested compensating me for the days of lost mining in BTC but I don't know how much.

Should it run without the display?

I've read here that several have been able to mine without issue with no display.  Have you been able to access the WebUI at all?  I suggest removing all cards/blades and cleaning the connectors (one of mine had a bunch of thermal paste) really well and then reseating all of them.
LCD ribbon cable...Where does one get such a ribbon cable.

I dont have all the old supplies I used to.

Thanks

Yes I know Bitmain will send me one but that takes too long
Okay I figured out the interm startup I believe the blades on shipping getting bounced around on start up hoarked the LCD displace ribbon cable.

Should it run without the display?

I found the little slices on the cable when I went to put in a larger power supply.

Any help would be appreciated......I have never played with an BBB or a pi.

Thanks
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
Just knowing there are ppl like you who try an justify/explain dishonesty for crooked merchants, makes life great!

Must be awesome to be that dense, do you draw in others with your immense gravitational pull?

Answered my own question by even acknowledging you...
Seriously?  Two days late and you're calling him crooked?  There isn't an industry that I know of where things don't turn up late, even from huge multi-national corporations.  I've never considered them crooks and liars for a missed delivery, (plenty of other reasons, but not that).

You're obviously from a different planet than I am.
everyone in B2 shipped later than promised. "before april 10" means that shipping on april 12 is 2 (if not 3) days late
Agreed.  Can't fault you on that logic.  But a lie is meant to deceive, and unless Bitmain knew that he was going to ship two days late then it's a broken promise at best, if that's what you want to call it.

You lot are a hard crowd to please.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Shipping BEFORE 10th was a lie and we all know it.
Or maybe it was an estimation?

Maybe language issues confused the issue and Bitmain really meant shipping was to start BY the 10th?

Maybe the batch was too large to get all orders out on the 10th?

Maybe he just doesn't like you?

I for one would not call it a lie, and neither would I have taken it as a promise or a guarantee.

Must suck to be you.

Just knowing there are ppl like you who try an justify/explain dishonesty for crooked merchants, makes life great!

Must be awesome to be that dense, do you draw in others with your immense gravitational pull?

Answered my own question by even acknowledging you...
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Maybe language issues confused the issue and Bitmain really meant shipping was to start BY the 10th?

I for one would not call it a lie, and neither would I have taken it as a promise or a guarantee.

Must suck to be you.

everyone in B2 shipped later than promised. "before april 10" means that shipping on april 12 is 2 (if not 3) days late

Must suck to be you.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
As for this post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6174864

dogie - exactly how stupid are you?
And what exactly is wrong with that post?
Its representing hashes, not money Tongue 600TH leaving the nursery for their new homes around the world.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
May I be the first to congratulate edgar on the arrival of his S2(s)!

(Too soon?) Cheesy

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too soon, but thanks for the consideration.

Its always nice to know someones thinking about ya!

Scheduled Delivery:
   Thursday, 17/04/2014, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Arrived - Shenzhen, China, Sunday, 13/04/2014

Hope you enjoy the extra few BTCrumbs, Bit你一塊狗屎main!

Lucky for you, your fangirls didnt allow too much 'beef' to sour your name & thread.

I hope the issues with B1 have been rectified in B2 & not merely pre-mined for a change!

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Lucky for Bitmain they are the only ones delivering from stock. Hope to see a coupon for the next round of S2's...

LOL no way, you can buy 1TH miners from stock and have been able to all the time you were waiting for S2's to ship.
Nothing beats a 1200axi.

Looks neat... but for what?  Only 100a on the 12v line.  Most people here aren't going to be plugging into a USB header to get output.  And expensive!!
Rosewill 1300 is $100 cheaper, 108a on the 12v line (so can drive 3xS1 OCd), and is also "up to 92% efficient" despite being gold and not platinum.

M

Its the intangibles that make the 1200 unbeatable, see my sig for a breakdown. Its also comfortably 110a 24/7 due to how Corsair rates it. 23dba fan at full load, 93% eff at full load, 7 year warranty.

I've looked at your PSU guide before, thanks.  I've had bad experiences with Corsair.

Manufactuer specs:
Corsair ax1200i
Rosewill 1300

The specs for this 1200 says "80 PLUS Platinum certified, delivering up to 92% energy efficiency under real-world load conditions".  The Rosewill 1300 says  "> 87%, Up to 92%".  

Corsair provides an efficiency graph, which show ~93% with 220v at 100% load.  For most US folks, we use 115, which works out to 90% at full load.  
Rosewill doesn't give a graph.  However knowing how higher voltage leads to more efficiency, I would imagine the Rosewill would do better at 220v as well.

Both are 7 year warranties.
Corsair clearly states 100.4A on the 12v rail.  Rosewill clearly states 108A on the 12v rail.  If I ran the 1200 at 110A and it blew, what would I tell Corsair?  Doggie said I could? Smiley

The Corsair has a 120mm fan.
The Rosewill has a 140mm fan.

Please, I'm curious, can you point out what's so much better about the $100 more expensive Corsair?

M
It'll increase your loss by $100 ? Smiley
(oh wait that's not better Tongue)

As for this post:

I liked the post but they homie needs to be passing out quarters instead of dolrs
As for this post:

And what exactly is wrong with that post?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Nothing beats a 1200axi.

Looks neat... but for what?  Only 100a on the 12v line.  Most people here aren't going to be plugging into a USB header to get output.  And expensive!!
Rosewill 1300 is $100 cheaper, 108a on the 12v line (so can drive 3xS1 OCd), and is also "up to 92% efficient" despite being gold and not platinum.

M

Its the intangibles that make the 1200 unbeatable, see my sig for a breakdown. Its also comfortably 110a 24/7 due to how Corsair rates it. 23dba fan at full load, 93% eff at full load, 7 year warranty.

I've looked at your PSU guide before, thanks.  I've had bad experiences with Corsair.

Manufactuer specs:
Corsair ax1200i
Rosewill 1300

The specs for this 1200 says "80 PLUS Platinum certified, delivering up to 92% energy efficiency under real-world load conditions".  The Rosewill 1300 says  "> 87%, Up to 92%".  

Corsair provides an efficiency graph, which show ~93% with 220v at 100% load.  For most US folks, we use 115, which works out to 90% at full load.  
Rosewill doesn't give a graph.  However knowing how higher voltage leads to more efficiency, I would imagine the Rosewill would do better at 220v as well.

Both are 7 year warranties.
Corsair clearly states 100.4A on the 12v rail.  Rosewill clearly states 108A on the 12v rail.  If I ran the 1200 at 110A and it blew, what would I tell Corsair?  Doggie said I could? Smiley

The Corsair has a 120mm fan.
The Rosewill has a 140mm fan.

Please, I'm curious, can you point out what's so much better about the $100 more expensive Corsair?

M
It'll increase your loss by $100 ? Smiley
(oh wait that's not better Tongue)

As for this post:

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
when will more of these be instock?  the website still says out of stock,   and are the antminer s1 EOL?
Jump to: