Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 159. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Been reading latest post but havent found the info.
So, how much is bitmain declaring for customs after all?

Thnks
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
What happen
Why bit main

Ship with different way at ups???..

Depending on the country...I guess... Wink
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
What happen
Why bit main

Ship with different way at ups???..

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hello I see that bitmain sent my s2 with saver international and not express
So I have it after 10 days

Why???

What is yours?
Express or saver shipping??

Mine says "UPS Worldwide Express Saver®" with "Scheduled Delivery" for Tuesday.

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
However I cannot see that the 10th April update changed anything

* Add Network/Diagnostics page
* Synchronize miner status page

I cant find the above new options anywhere on the web interface.

Looks like there are a couple improvements I see after running the firmware for a couple hours.

- Best Share in cgminer is now shown
- Reject rate due to low diff shares is WAY down (pool reject percentage down to 2.58% from 25%)

I haven't poked around the command line yet. More to check out tomorrow. Smiley
legendary
Hello I see that bitmain sent my s2 with saver international and not express
So I have it after 10 days

Why???

What is yours?
Express or saver shipping??
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Seriously?  Two days late and you're calling him crooked?  There isn't an industry that I know of where things don't turn up late, even from huge multi-national corporations.  I've never considered them crooks and liars for a missed delivery, (plenty of other reasons, but not that).

You're obviously from a different planet than I am.

This thread is getting really difficult to follow...  What is going on and on about Bitmain shipping a little late going to fix?  Your box got shipped late, you're really mad, you think Bitmain is really crooked, the world is coming to an end because no other vendor on the planet ever ships late.... We got it!  Bitmain isn't Amazon (about the only company I deal with who always seems to meet their ship/delivery dates, almost) and it sucks you lost a couple of days--maybe they'll hook you up with a coupon or something later.  MOVE ON!  What's done is done. We feel your pain, we get your frustration but OMG INBD!!! :-) Maybe we can start a totally separate thread for shipping frustration regarding the S2?

On a more important note, has anyone accomplished any acceptable overclocking?  As in, better than 25-30GH/s over stock?  I'm currently getting right at 1TH/s and not much over, I think some are getting closer to 1060GH/s stock?  I think a steady 150-200GH/s would be necessary to justify an upgraded PSU.

I'm also curious on how Bitmain has handled the totally un-workable units?  Like the ones that arrived damaged beyond customer repair.  As of now 112bit (Juan G.) is working on getting an issue with mine resolved (potential PSU issue) and so far, Bitmain seems to want me to send mine in for troubleshooting and repair--they've suggested compensating me for the days of lost mining in BTC but I don't know how much.

Should it run without the display?

I've read here that several have been able to mine without issue with no display.  Have you been able to access the WebUI at all?  I suggest removing all cards/blades and cleaning the connectors (one of mine had a bunch of thermal paste) really well and then reseating all of them.

Done done and done.... went back to stock PSU....now it doesnt come up at all.

I had a bad feeling when it wouldnt stat up sometimes that something was compromised only to get worse.

Well most people have had no issues with Bitmain.....I had a shipping problem that they ignored me on from China new year.....and that cost me 1 BTC.....

Now this ......I will give them a chance to make it right ....

But to be honest ....I think I am about done with mining......not enough potential given the headaches.

Will see what Juan is able to do to change my mind.

Anyone want an S2 ?
legendary
Activity: 2742
Merit: 1181
Does this firmware update fix the change admin password error issue? or is there a different workaround for that?

Thanks!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

I have downloaded and installed the new firmware on to my S2's it went on without any issue.

The 4th April release did "Release the binding of IP 192.168.1.x" so that is great.

However I cannot see that the 10th April update changed anything

* Add Network/Diagnostics page
* Synchronize miner status page

I cant find the above new options anywhere on the web interface.

Thanks
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Hi
bitmain  u have any reseller in india ?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Would those of you attacking actual customers with a legitimate complaint, please pull your heads out of your asses! We're not buying kitchenware on this forum and Bitmain knows this.
legendary
Where is the new firmware link for updated?
S2
Activity: 31
ok, so i finally received some tracking info  Smiley

this has probably been asked an answered already but on a quick look across the thread it seems people are having problems with firmware and power supplies?

Do i need a bigger PSU? if so the corsair 1200 the way to go or the silverstone 1500?

And will the firmware need upgrading as soon as i receive the unit? I noticed bitmain have firmware on the site, would i be correct in assuming its in english? what is the flashing procedure

Thought someone might be able to sum all this up for late comers in the thread please Smiley Much appreciated if someone could

i think 1200w + oc will be fine.

Firmware wise, if your miner doesnt work, update the firmware, otherwise no.

Regards.

Thanks Smiley as far as the overclock is the process the same as the S1? ssh then change frequency? Anyone done any overclock yet? What frequencies and numbers are you using and what other mods have you done? Fans, power etc?
legendary
I can not understand why mine tell that will be delivered at 22/04/2013

These is 10 days for delivered  Huh Cool Huh Huh Huh Cool Huh
Activity: 896

this has probably been asked an answered already but on a quick look across the thread it seems people are having problems with firmware and power supplies?

Do i need a bigger PSU? if so the corsair 1200 the way to go or the silverstone 1500?

And will the firmware need upgrading as soon as i receive the unit? I noticed bitmain have firmware on the site, would i be correct in assuming its in english? what is the flashing procedure

Thought someone might be able to sum all this up for late comers in the thread please Smiley Much appreciated if someone could

i think 1200w + oc will be fine.

Firmware wise, if your miner doesnt work, update the firmware, otherwise no.

Regards.
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Shenzhen, China    13/04/2014    12:56 A.M.    Arrival Scan
                          13/04/2014    12:55 A.M.    Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China    12/04/2014    11:38 P.M.    Origin Scan
China                   10/04/2014     3:41 A.M.    Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.
Activity: 31

legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005
Tracking received. To be delivered by Tuesday  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2742
Merit: 1181
wow, long thread, wont lie skipped to the end- so where is the best price on a 1th/s miner kinda interested

These guys have them for sale right now, and the price definitely right!

Plus they have excellent customer support from my experience buying gear from them:

http://www.gawminers.com/gaw-miners-1t-bitcoin-asic-miner/

Smiley
Jump to: