Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 175. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Yeah, I get that too, chasing ghosts right now. Try updating to the latest firmware (mentioned earlier in the thread) it's a firmware issue that'll be sorted out soon enough :-)
Hopefully!  It does seem that the save/apply or stop/start fixes the issue reasonably well as long as you don't power cycle and you wait around long enough for it to fail once or twice. 
Sounds like CGMiner is not initializing properly... clicking Save&Apply will restart cgminer.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Yeah, I get that too, chasing ghosts right now. Try updating to the latest firmware (mentioned earlier in the thread) it's a firmware issue that'll be sorted out soon enough :-)

Hopefully!  It does seem that the save/apply or stop/start fixes the issue reasonably well as long as you don't power cycle and you wait around long enough for it to fail once or twice. 
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Is anyone seeing an issue where their S2 mines for about 10-15 or so minutes then stops and starts beeping?  This happens every time I power cycle and I have to stop/start cgminer or click "Save and Apply" under miner settings to get it going again.  (I only discovered the second method this afternoon).  After doing this once or a few times (varies), everything seems to work fine (for several hours, at least--still trying to get a good understanding of how often,etc...).

I've checked temps, re-seated boards, updated, checked all settings, power cycled, removed a board and let it run, switched the power cable (I'd initially put an older cable on it and it was getting a little warm in spots so I switched it out pretty quick) and checked all the other visible/accessible connections; all to no avail.  I've been working with Juan at 112bit who is also working with the Bitmain techs.  Just wondering if this is a widespread issue and if anyone has made any headway.

Is anyone seeing an issue where their S2 mines for about 10-15 or so minutes then stops and starts beeping?  This happens every time I power cycle and I have to stop/start cgminer or click "Save and Apply" under miner settings to get it going again.  (I only discovered the second method this afternoon).  After doing this once or a few times (varies), everything seems to work fine (for several hours, at least--still trying to get a good understanding of how often,etc...).

I've checked temps, re-seated boards, updated, checked all settings, power cycled, removed a board and let it run, switched the power cable (I'd initially put an older cable on it and it was getting a little warm in spots so I switched it out pretty quick) and checked all the other visible/accessible connections; all to no avail.  I've been working with Juan at 112bit who is also working with the Bitmain techs.  Just wondering if this is a widespread issue and if anyone has made any headway.
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Well if you underclock the left too you can get your density as the right for NO additional cost .....  just saying.

I would rather have numbers work because convenience aint going to pay you back in the end.  To each his own.....but I like your style if you can afford it
No he wouldn't. He might get the same W/GH but that would make the already worse GH/U even worse.

Footprint is irrelevant, only power usage. I pay $50/mo per rack + Power. So if I underclock the S1's and managed to get the same W/GH then they'd only cost me < $100/mo more than the S2's

Where is that...that you pay $50 arack...NOT Florida, I guess...?
Activity: 896
So is everyone's S2 working perfectly?
Activity: 8
the new firmware fixed the subnet issue for me   Smiley
The 192.168.1.1 router issue?

Yes. Before the update I had to edit cgminer.sh after every reboot, now I don't have to.
legendary
Activity: 952
The 192.168.1.1 router issue?
Activity: 8
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
If you can measure the wattage at the wall, i would appreciate .

My meter is holding pretty steady at 1111w-1114w.  It's not the kill-a-watt, it's pretty similar but made by Keedox.   

Looks like mine is pulling 990W at the wall @110V on the 20AMP line, on the 15AMP line the PSU was shutting down every 2-3 minutes. After 30 minutes it's averaging 900GHs, so not a full 1TH. I will try the 1350W Platimax tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.

Awsome please report back.

if you have a voltmeter check the levels - you could have a bit of voltage drop in the thinner 15A wiring.  105V vs 110V could be enough to drop the PSU efficiency a bit
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Well gentlemen (and ladies, perhaps??),

hope i'm not jinxing anything, so i'll say this with a hushed voice...

they're working......

All 3 are up and running. 
Firmware updated to april 4 build. 
DHCP in the 192.168.2.x subnet working. 
max temp is about 60ºC in about 28ºC ambient temperature. 

all 3 needed their boards to be re-seated, ribbon cable to lcd connected (both ends sometimes), loose pcie power cable to power supply, etc.  All 3 power supplies are clearly used - lots of old dust.  but all the boards appear brand new. 

my "discarded" rates are sky-high, as is being discussed by others more knowledgable than I. 

Thanks to everyone who took the time to share their experience and insights. 
Activity: 658

My meter is holding pretty steady at 1111w-1114w.  It's not the kill-a-watt, it's pretty similar but made by Keedox.   

Looks like mine is pulling 990W at the wall @110V on the 20AMP line, on the 15AMP line the PSU was shutting down every 2-3 minutes. After 30 minutes it's averaging 900GHs, so not a full 1TH. I will try the 1350W Platimax tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.

Awsome please report back.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Here are the calcs.
1114W load @ 110V.
90.5% efficient @ 100% load @ 110V.
Internal load of 1008W.

And on 230V
92% efficient
Internal load of 1008W.
External power draw of 1095W.

PSU is specifically designed for 24/7 use @ 50C. Therefore there is a significant thermal safety factor on max load alone - even forgetting the usual one.
Tldr, its k.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

I had a steady 9.5A on my 120v PDU

geez - if the PSU is actually ~85% efficient on 120V at high loads, then there must be upwards of 950W loaded on it

Which is fine. Most PSU components are rated for 200k hours upwards, at 100% load and 35-50C. You'd be surprised how stable proper PSUs can be.
Activity: 658

How much does it use on your 240v PDU?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

geez - if the PSU is actually ~85% efficient on 120V at high loads, then there must be upwards of 950W loaded on it
legendary
Activity: 1274

Jump to: