Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 176. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
DARKNETMARKETS.COM

If you can measure the wattage at the wall, i would appreciate .

+1
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Also everyone, whats your percentage accepted shares by your pool?

Please list the pool and the difficulty setting as well.

Thanks

Unfortunately that number appears to not be very useful at the moment.
The majority of rejected shares seems to be caused by the bitmain driver sending shares that it shouldn't send.
Once I can get my hands on the source code (which really should have been available already) I can sort out what's been messed up Cheesy

+1 i wish all the miner manufacture let core developers of cgminer work on the software b4 shipping to sort out the bugs.

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Thanks

Unfortunately that number appears to not be very useful at the moment.
The majority of rejected shares seems to be caused by the bitmain driver sending shares that it shouldn't send.
Once I can get my hands on the source code (which really should have been available already) I can sort out what's been messed up Cheesy

Thanks
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
anyone successfully using a subnet other than 192.168.1.x?  how about DHCP?
i'd rather not have to hack the files in the firmware to change subnet.  Would like to rely on DHCP in the 192.168.2.x subnet.

Anyone doing so successfully?

Yeah, just update the firmware and you'll won't need to edit any files.  Even if you chose the edit files route, it's not really "hacking" and they are overwritten at reboot so you aren't actually risking anything. The firmware update is the best option, though.  DHCP works fine, I have mine setup on the 10.x.x.x subnet

The firmware is here:
https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/tree/master/firmware_S2
Mine showed up today too, and thought I should chime in with my experience.

Thanks to previous posters, I popped the case as soon as it was unboxed. Appeared undamaged, but did need to reseat the CPU board and reattach the display panel cable which had been disconnected. Plugged in the ethernet (had already switched my router's subnet to 192.168.1.x), powered it up, and happily it started hashing away after a minute. Connected to it from my browser, changed the miner settings to my pool, and it's still golden.

It's been running for 2hrs now at 1006 GH/s, and I feel lucky given the grief others have been reporting.

If you can measure the wattage at the wall, i would appreciate .
legendary
Activity: 1274
A PSA for everyone with S2's Please check to make sure the PCIe power cables are connected to the PSU nice and tight. I had 2 that weren't tight and it's caused some headaches.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
anyone successfully using a subnet other than 192.168.1.x?  how about DHCP?
i'd rather not have to hack the files in the firmware to change subnet.  Would like to rely on DHCP in the 192.168.2.x subnet.

Anyone doing so successfully?
legendary
Merit: 1004
Well, I finally got mine running. I had to reimage the SD card, and replace the BBB. Good thing I had a couple spares laying around. Not the greatest start, but I can live with the single day delay.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Got the S2 today, 5 boards were out of place, I fixed that, setup the network & it was not hashing. The status page showed x.x.x.x for hardware version and nothing for the cgminer. I just checked the firmware and there is a new version out there 4/4/2014. Upgraded and now it's hashing with no issues.
legendary
1l1l11ll1l,

Does the top S2 in the stack have a dead display?

Not dead, just dim.

Kinda bummed about my dead displays  Cry

Obviously check the ribbon cable, but you can also try the contrast dial on the back of the LCD, use a small screwdriver to adjust it, might just wake up your display. Let us know if that works?
Activity: 63
Well if you underclock the left too you can get your density as the right for NO additional cost .....  just saying.

I would rather have numbers work because convenience aint going to pay you back in the end.  To each his own.....but I like your style if you can afford it
No he wouldn't. He might get the same W/GH but that would make the already worse GH/U even worse.

Footprint is irrelevant, only power usage. I pay $50/mo per rack + Power. So if I underclock the S1's and managed to get the same W/GH then they'd only cost me < $100/mo more than the S2's

... really?! $50? I need me one of those.

+1,

Where can I get $50/mo per rack?Huh
legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
http://imgur.com/a/D4xcV#1

I have some glue on mine too, but it didn't interfere, and there appears to be something under the glue as well. By the edge of the tab, it looks like its been partially cracked or added after the fact or something. The pictures didn't turn out great but you can at least see the glue on both sides. I'll take it out and snap another later tonight, but it works solidly so I'm going to ignore it for now.

http://imgur.com/a/D4xcV#3

Dude, you've been doing this photos with witch's orb or something?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Well if you underclock the left too you can get your density as the right for NO additional cost .....  just saying.

I would rather have numbers work because convenience aint going to pay you back in the end.  To each his own.....but I like your style if you can afford it
No he wouldn't. He might get the same W/GH but that would make the already worse GH/U even worse.

Footprint is irrelevant, only power usage. I pay $50/mo per rack + Power. So if I underclock the S1's and managed to get the same W/GH then they'd only cost me < $100/mo more than the S2's

... really?! $50? I need me one of those.
legendary
Okay after someone pointed out my algebra mistakes....the Pools are reading the correct hash as I forgot about a missing miner I have.

So perhaps the API is not reporting correctly.....my understanding is the only thing that matters is hashing as seen by the pool and if you have it there you have all you need regardless of other stats.

So on this one I can officially call this one a PEBKAC and its me  =)
I added an edit to my post.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6076528
Edit: though doing the actual accepted hash rate calculation:

35m 51s = 2151s
524000 * 2^32 / 2151 = 1.046TH/s - which is of course OK

So yeah it's most likely the driver doing something wrong with it's work difficulty calculation.
Activity: 89

Discard rate?!?

Post the numbers.

Discarded in cgminer is pretty much a meaningless number.

The 2 numbers that matter are the hash rate, and the pool reject rate.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19658540/images/antminers2rejects.png

Hashrate is decent, though it sometimes spends a lot more time around 950s than it should.  
OK yep your DiffR (cgminer Rejects) are high indeed.
DiffA: 524000
DiffR: 196882

So basically, 27.3% of your submitted shares are rejected by the pool.
OUCH!
Me thinks the driver needs some skilled work ...

Okay after someone pointed out my algebra mistakes....the Pools are reading the correct hash as I forgot about a missing miner I have.

So perhaps the API is not reporting correctly.....my understanding is the only thing that matters is hashing as seen by the pool and if you have it there you have all you need regardless of other stats.

So on this one I can officially call this one a PEBKAC and its me  =)
legendary
Before I head to the gym, here's the quick video of the initial boot with sound so you can hear the fans. http://youtu.be/sQYtbtsyKdU

I hope you dont sleep with that thing on Cheesy

well...I'll give it a night and see how it goes...

My discards are also crazy high, haven't updated yet though. Slush hashrate is showing about 700GH/s
http://i.imgur.com/9eQIZmU.png?1
DiffA: 3089511
DiffR: 2048684

Yep crazy high again.
39.9% reject rate.

However, the DiffA tells a different story:

Elapsed is 3hr 44min 38s = 13478 seconds

So hash rate for that time is:
3089511 * 2^32 / 13478 = 984.5 GH/s

So it looks like the driver is throwing shares at the pool that are below diff.

Still needs some skilled work on it though Cheesy
Activity: 81
Before I head to the gym, here's the quick video of the initial boot with sound so you can hear the fans. http://youtu.be/sQYtbtsyKdU

I hope you dont sleep with that thing on Cheesy

well...I'll give it a night and see how it goes...

My discards are also crazy high, haven't updated yet though. Slush hashrate is showing about 700GH/s
legendary

Discard rate?!?

Post the numbers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19658540/images/antminers2rejects.png

Hashrate is decent, though it sometimes spends a lot more time around 950s than it should.  
OK yep your DiffR (cgminer Rejects) are high indeed.
DiffA: 524000
DiffR: 196882

So basically, 27.3% of your submitted shares are rejected by the pool.
OUCH!
Me thinks the driver needs some skilled work ...

Edit: though doing the actual accepted hash rate calculation:

35m 51s = 2151s
524000 * 2^32 / 2151 = 1.046TH/s - which is of course OK

So yeah it's most likely the driver doing something wrong with it's work difficulty calculation.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Discard rate?!?

Post the numbers.

Jump to: