Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 27. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin
When is somebody going to make a magical money printing machine that is plug and play? :/

Lol the Antminers are basically plug and play Smiley (It cannot get much easier)

Yeah, but the whole IP thing, mining configuration, admin password, and the power plug. So untoasterish. Smiley
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
When is somebody going to make a magical money printing machine that is plug and play? :/

Lol the Antminers are basically plug and play Smiley (It cannot get much easier)
Activity: 744
gotta let a coin be a coin
Activity: 168
What is a noise level of AntMiner S2 1Th/s?   80Db?
Activity: 157
S2 has arrived  Grin  deilverd to my office . I can't wait to go home start the engine lol  Cool

Just start it the office Smiley your co-workers will like the noise xD  + free energy for a few hours!

nice idea Cheesy but i already hauled it my home. Now  problem is that s2 ip number ends with 1.99   my network is on 2.XX template. ı can't access it. Im gonna solve it in a few hours when i got back home again.
Let it pick up the 1.99 IP, then plug in your laptop directly into the ethernet port on the S2. Go into Windows ipv4 network properties, check "use the following IP address", change the IP to 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0.

Now you can access 192.168.1.99 directly in your laptop browser and via SSH. Smiley
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
S2 has arrived  Grin  deilverd to my office . I can't wait to go home start the engine lol  Cool

Just start it the office Smiley your co-workers will like the noise xD  + free energy for a few hours!

nice idea Cheesy but i already hauled it my home. Now  problem is that s2 ip number ends with 1.99   my network is on 2.XX template. ı can't access it. Im gonna solve it in a few hours when i got back home again.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
S2 is useless if price higher than 1000 USD now.
Activity: 146

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Bitmain: Now that the S3 is about to hit the market, do you have an approximate date on when you plan to announce the upgrade path for the S2? This might be helpful for those considering purchasing S3's versus waiting to upgrade their S2's.

I wouldn't hold my breath, selling s2 upgrades at this point is rather useless both for S2 owners and Bitmain since it will be a few months before it makes financial sense to upgrade. If anything the S1 upgrade (if it happens) will be on sale before the S2 upgrade.
I don't think S1 Upgrade kit will ship before August 15, S3 batch 3 begins shipping late July will need a couple weeks to clear the shipping dock then a couple weeks to start boxing S1 upgrade kits and set a price.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Bitmain: Now that the S3 is about to hit the market, do you have an approximate date on when you plan to announce the upgrade path for the S2? This might be helpful for those considering purchasing S3's versus waiting to upgrade their S2's.

I wouldn't hold my breath, selling s2 upgrades at this point is rather useless both for S2 owners and Bitmain since it will be a few months before it makes financial sense to upgrade. If anything the S1 upgrade (if it happens) will be on sale before the S2 upgrade.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 1730 USD  each one, shipping cost included.

BitMain is pushing hard...to get rid of S2's... Grin

EDIT...:

Give us some COUPONS, BitMain... Wink

Same here. BITMAINTECH Give me  COUPONS for the last four  order.

Order
001201406231931171161jekHWUG0697
00120140619165820904qcn0nR9I06AF
00120140617194222166j5Xt8B1u0682
00120140615135817508BylcQAQO06B6

ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 1730 USD  each one, shipping cost included.

BitMain is pushing hard...to get rid of S2's... Grin

EDIT...:

Give us some COUPONS, BitMain... Wink
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 1730 USD  each one, shipping cost included.

Perhaps, it is time for a word about S2 upgrade with a new chip?
Activity: 741
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Miner Batch 4: 1730 USD  each one, shipping cost included.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
STILL suffering an overheating rig!

swapped IO board with functioning rig to no avail...

anyone have any ideas?

A schematic would be nice... particularly interested in heat/fan sensors location

Hate to be overly simplistic here but just covering all the bases. The fans are blowing in the correct directions right?

sometimes overly simplistic is all it takes to notice something basic..

like this one time that bitmain sent me a dead psu with the jumper in the wrong position...

but alas, no all fans are pointed in the right direction.

one of them does appear to have a bit of a dent in the grill which i might have missed but no.. the fans  APPEAR to be fine, its just whatever tells them to shut down is kicking in too early.

its ok if they stay below 60C but in the middle of the day we've already seen 72-74C.

Bitmain is sending a replacement 'power board' (aka back plane) today..

glad i didnt snip the blue wires...
Activity: 157
Activity: 62
Merit: 3
STILL suffering an overheating rig!

swapped IO board with functioning rig to no avail...

anyone have any ideas?

A schematic would be nice... particularly interested in heat/fan sensors location

Hate to be overly simplistic here but just covering all the bases. The fans are blowing in the correct directions right?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

and you get some consumer rights if you purchase here that you don't get if you buy from bitmaintech.
Pages:
Jump to: