Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 38. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
hi everyone, does anyone has a spare Antminer S2 Coupon that i can have please? My Bitmain username is : ttulong
Thanks
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
so $1450 after a coupon is pretty good price compared to the dragon A1 clones and such
ow yeah, while am still waiting a btc donate from you..  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
so $1450 after a coupon is pretty good price compared to the dragon A1 clones and such
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Defo power issue - chuck a different PSU in it & find out  Wink

That's next on my list.

Thanks.
Activity: 294
Merit: 251
Anyways, imagine you have 1000 GH/s. You earn right now 1,317$ / month but in 9 days.... you will earn just 603$ so... is this worth it???

in just 9 days, just half of the earnings.... wow.... Cry
I think the issue is the starting difficulty listed on the chart is really old, but the "next diff estimated" is closer to the "Current" projected change. Update the info.

its a website...

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

info should be updated

so who wants to buy an antminer of 1000 GH/s when in 10 days you are going to earn half of what you are earning right now? and maybe in another 10 days half of the half. lol
The Diffuculty Factor is in a user definable window. Current Diff is at 13.5G and if you look at the chart it is using 7G to start.

lol true. sorry my bad Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Anyways, imagine you have 1000 GH/s. You earn right now 1,317$ / month but in 9 days.... you will earn just 603$ so... is this worth it???

I think the issue is the starting difficulty listed on the chart is really old, but the "next diff estimated" is closer to the "Current" projected change. Update the info.

its a website...

info should be updated

so who wants to buy an antminer of 1000 GH/s when in 10 days you are going to earn half of what you are earning right now? and maybe in another 10 days half of the half. lol
The Diffuculty Factor is in a user definable window. Current Diff is at 13.5G and if you look at the chart it is using 7G to start.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
buying one S2 coupon (exp 29 June) for 0.05 - pm

its a website...

info should be updated

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
2 x $400 S2 coupons left expiring 29th June - 0.085 each - pm

one left

all gone

Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
This is indeed a sad day.  Sad

After 25 units ordered from Bitmain and all running perfect, I have to report to them my first RMA.

I just got in an S2 that works for 1 hour and then turns off and resets. Not heat as 2 others next to are just fine.

Ok, guys wish me luck.  Cool

Rob

PS. Also anybody seen the same thing on there S2? Power supply maybe???
Pretty sure it's your power supply. To save yourself a couple of emails and possibly some waiting; try to remove one board (any board) and power it up again... if it works fine for hours then it's the power supply.
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Defo power issue - chuck a different PSU in it & find out  Wink
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
This is indeed a sad day.  Sad

After 25 units ordered from Bitmain and all running perfect, I have to report to them my first RMA.

I just got in an S2 that works for 1 hour and then turns off and resets. Not heat as 2 others next to are just fine.

Ok, guys wish me luck.  Cool

Rob

PS. Also anybody seen the same thing on there S2? Power supply maybe???
Activity: 574
2 x $400 S2 coupons left expiring 29th June - 0.085 each - pm
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
but where did you read that info? official announcement?
Just taking bits and pieces of what has been announced and discussed over the last few months... it looks to be the way they are going... nothing exactly official yet and of course the price will have to be right. It just makes more sense to keep the useable parts (controllers, psu, fans etc.) and swap out the parts that become unprofitable as difficulty increases (the asics).

I know I'd rather upgrade the boards in my S1 and S2, than try to find some unsuspecting noob to buy my worthless gear of me.... Wink
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
my coupons expire 2014-06-21 23:56:00    not a lot of time left
I'd say wait and see, with this holiday happening right now you're not going to get delivery for a while anyway. With what's been thrown around it looks like you might be able to upgrade your 2 S1's to 500GH/s each by purchasing new boards.

That would be nice if i could upgrade them Smiley ok thx!
I reckon they will offer new boards so you can just use the old heatsinks, controller, fan and psu and upgrade from 180GH/s to 504GH/s. I think that's the best option with the S1's reaching the end of their profitable lifespan and it will probably save a lot of the shipping nightmares (and costs) experienced with the S2. Hopefully the new boards will be as "overclockable" as the S1 boards are, it could mean a bit more experimental fun coming our way (the S2's are a bit boring)  Cheesy

but where did you read that info? official announcement?
Activity: 826
I was going to sell my S1's but now the S3 has got me all excited!!
Pages:
Jump to: