Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 40. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
This seems to be a trend.

KNC is changing the design of the 3TH Neptune instead of 1 box it is now 5 miner cubes each at 600GH, connected to a controllerboard.

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
what are the s1 upgrade specs/price?

Bitmain have never said that it will be possible to upgrade the S1 so not sure why so many people think it will be.

It's still unknown what the upgrade path will be for S2's but it's likely to be just replacement blades, and it remains to be seen how good a deal it will be.

You won't be able to swap 10 blades with the ones from the S3 as the power consumption will be too high, so it's either going to be different blades with underclocked chips or fewer blades say 4 to match the 1000w PSU.

Actually......

Reserved for Q&A

1. Will there be upgrade parts for S1 and S2?

Yes, there will be. But we still need to solve some production/testing problem before we finalize the plan and public it.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Bitmain have never said that it will be possible to upgrade the S1 so not sure why so many people think it will be.

It's still unknown what the upgrade path will be for S2's but it's likely to be just replacement blades, and it remains to be seen how good a deal it will be.

You won't be able to swap 10 blades with the ones from the S3 as the power consumption will be too high, so it's either going to be different blades with underclocked chips or fewer blades say 4 to match the 1000w PSU.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
s3 price? shouldnt be anymore then 900$

$900 is too much, remember, it is just 0.5Th.
More like either ~1BTC or $600-650.

$500 would bring down the house-50% or more market share.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
anyone need S2 coupons?
i have 4left, just PM me

and donate a reasonable btc  Grin
1Ng9mxLR25QkyGdFJo6UKZNQJVbR85AjJw

When they expire?

Yea i also have 6 s2 cupons ... make me a offer and they are yours lol !

1aNpUzZPG62iwabjaYyhAVgRd8D75MTGJ

same question-when they expire?
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
I received a possible defective S2 and waiting on local warranty service.

LOL

Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
I received a possible defective S2 and waiting on local warranty service.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Yea i also have 6 s2 cupons ... make me a offer and they are yours lol !

1aNpUzZPG62iwabjaYyhAVgRd8D75MTGJ
legendary
Activity: 1722

Hope so,  I am more interested in how much the S1 upgrade is and what it requires to do.  If I have to solder no chance I'll do it, surfacemount is a bitch.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
anyone need S2 coupons?
i have 4left, just PM me

and donate a reasonable btc  Grin
1Ng9mxLR25QkyGdFJo6UKZNQJVbR85AjJw
Is this feesable with 16 Billion diff next week
legendary
Activity: 966
I like this idea. Maybe minersource, 112bit or jones gear can sell bits and pieces, Like BB, motherboard, blades?

I've been toying with the idea of reverse engineering the backplane and controller to have some fabbed for sale when the upgrades hit.  Only forseeable issue would be getting the bitstream of the FPGA from BITMAIN.

I suppose I could reverse engineer the FPGA's operation too, but I don't have a logic analyzer to even attempt it at this point.

Bitmain made the standalone chips available for purchase in quantities for those who wanted to engineer their own miners. I believe they open sourced the code for the chips thru a .zip under the support tab and white sheets are available on github. It's a start!
Activity: 84
Activity: 81
I have 2 x S2 coupons - expire 21th June - Sell each one 0.05 BTC

Pm me if you want one.

legendary
Activity: 1512
I like this idea. Maybe minersource, 112bit or jones gear can sell bits and pieces, Like BB, motherboard, blades?

I've been toying with the idea of reverse engineering the backplane and controller to have some fabbed for sale when the upgrades hit.  Only forseeable issue would be getting the bitstream of the FPGA from BITMAIN.

I suppose I could reverse engineer the FPGA's operation too, but I don't have a logic analyzer to even attempt it at this point.
legendary
Exactly. And most of the cost for complete  unit are more than likely  due to the hashing boards and the PSU.  If we can get only the "motherboard" or the barebone kit minus the hashing boards which would bring down the cost.

1 Power Board;
       1 set of IO Board + BB Board + SD card;
       2 sets of Fans + Fans’ cover;
       1 LCD screen;

Hell even forget the LCD screen and maybe even the fans. The first 2 items in the list would be enough  and if you already have PSU's laying around reusing the old hashing cards (1Th/s ) would be a cheap enough option.

legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

The only problem is who would buy the old hashing boards, if a "motherboard" is still needed.  Who would have these
[/quote]
  Anyone with a defective board that is still running 8 or 9 and wants to get back to 10!
[/quote]

Exactly. And most of the cost for complete  unit are more than likely  due to the hashing boards and the PSU.  If we can get only the "motherboard" or the barebone kit minus the hashing boards which would bring down the cost.

1 Power Board;
       1 set of IO Board + BB Board + SD card;
       2 sets of Fans + Fans’ cover;
       1 LCD screen;

Hell even forget the LCD screen and maybe even the fans. The first 2 items in the list would be enough  and if you already have PSU's laying around reusing the old hashing cards (1Th/s ) would be a cheap enough option.
will be a HUGE glut of the old boards.

legendary
Activity: 966

[/quote]

The only problem is who would buy the old hashing boards, if a "motherboard" is still needed.  Who would have these
[/quote]
  Anyone with a defective board that is still running 8 or 9 and wants to get back to 10!
Pages:
Jump to: