Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 94. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Am I the only one who's noticed the new PDF on Bitmaintech's website with step-by-step instructions on how to solder capacitors directly to each hashing board....

"Guideline for soldering Capacitors to S2 hash board to fix chip disabling issue"

eek.... happy long weekend to me...

That sucks Sad.
Factory defect on this batch or engineering oversight? How many blades are in an S2? 4 caps per blade need to be added if I understand correct?

Maybe half the chips are disabled, and this + a 2nd PSU is part of bitmains post about being able to OC each S2 to 1.8-2Thash cheaply?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Am I the only one who's noticed the new PDF on Bitmaintech's website with step-by-step instructions on how to solder capacitors directly to each hashing board....

"Guideline for soldering Capacitors to S2 hash board to fix chip disabling issue"

That sucks Sad.
Factory defect on this batch or engineering oversight? How many blades are in an S2? 4 caps per blade need to be added if I understand correct?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
One S2 draws about 1000 watts, so 1000w / 115 volts = 8.7 amps.  So yes, a single 15 amp circuit can run one S2, but be careful what else is on that circuit... most household circuits have other outlets on them.

208v is better.  240 is better still.  the closer to 250v, the better, i believe.

my power is 220-240 i assume these are volts.

i often wonder how to get the Amps of an item.

is it watts x volts = amps or something similar? 

i worked out on my fuseboard what each fuse could manage Watts wise, and so far ive not had any electrical concerns but the Amps of any given unit seems to confuse me...such that i feel its more a guesstimate than a calculation...

Volts X Amps = Watts

240v x 10 amp = 2400 watts
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

Me too, maybe.  I've got a half board of x's.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
What does this mean on a chain?  never saw a dash before.

oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooo-ooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo

It's chain 2.  Is that from the top, near the PSU, or from the bottom?

M

Chain two is second farthest from the PSU.  #10 is closest to the PSU, #1 farthest away.

Edit: The dash is probably okay, it'll more than likely clear when you reboot the device or restart cgminer (i.e. when you Save and Apply mining configurations).
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
What does this mean on a chain?  never saw a dash before.

oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooo-ooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo

It's chain 2.  Is that from the top, near the PSU, or from the bottom?

M
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
One S2 draws about 1000 watts, so 1000w / 115 volts = 8.7 amps.  So yes, a single 15 amp circuit can run one S2, but be careful what else is on that circuit... most household circuits have other outlets on them.

208v is better.  240 is better still.  the closer to 250v, the better, i believe.

Activity: 102
Question guys, one s2 should run fine in a typical 120v 15a outlet, is that correct?
Activity: 64

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Those that received the recent units. Has the quality of these improved? 

Mine arrived intact.

Power cord is wrong one.

Power supply is still under powered.

It's far from quiet, as it's advertised.

I have a few Xs on one of my chains.

Avg hash rate dropped to 930gh/s before I swapped in a 1300w PSU.  Now it's about 950gh/s, I'm hoping it'll increase as time goes on.

But it uses less power than 5 OCd S1s.

M
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

They have changed the way the cards are secured in the case with metal braces holding them in position.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Holy cow! That's freaking loud!
+1

mine seems about as loud as 3 antminer S1 units, but the 140mm fans mean its a slightly lower pitch, more of a loud 'whoosh' noise from the air as mentioned above.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Can we move the coupon discussion to one of the two available forums (one for free coupons, one for those who wants to sell)?

Re S2, can someone post about how noisy they are (preferably in db, but also in relative terms as well) to evaluate possible location for units?
Same room, basement, garage, another building.  Wink

Readings in db from two units running in a garage were ~70db at a distance of ~18" and ~68db at a distance of ~3m.

How fast are your fans running? Mine run at about 1900-2100 and it is nowhere near that loud. Maybe your ambient is higher?

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

68-70dB is Busy traffic, phone ringtone type loud.

I found, because the are 140mm fans the sound is quite low pitched. But the sound of air moving at 100cfm is going to make some noise no matter what you do.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Can we move the coupon discussion to one of the two available forums (one for free coupons, one for those who wants to sell)?

Re S2, can someone post about how noisy they are (preferably in db, but also in relative terms as well) to evaluate possible location for units?

Readings in db from two units running in a garage were ~70db at a distance of ~18" and ~68db at a distance of ~3m.

Great, thanks, much appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!

Probably just needs someone to start a thread on it.

Edit: Oh I see what you mean, there already is a forum for this, my apologies.

I have one S2 coupon to give away. Msg in here if you want it - with your bitmaintech id, first one gets it for free.

1wxBGLtgwzUsc8G31KqyCVB6EKYbM5tth if you feel like donating, but not mandatory.

This one has been taken - just awaiting them to send me their ID.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Pages:
Jump to: