Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread - page 2. (Read 301154 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Will contact you around tuesday!
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Used S4+, not sure, but do have S7  you can email [email protected] to arrange that part.  or call  +7-499-9187389
@BitmainWarranty

Will keep this in mind!

But nevertheless hope, that this wont happen again...)

Btw: someone know where to buy in Moscow a used S4+ ?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
@Helfred,

didn't see your message just until now.

Glad to hear you are back in hashing.  On these used unit, time to time, please clean inside and try to remove anything that start to deposit around the PCB!

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Gentlemen,

I am back in business!)))
All 4 chains are working. I just did clean the S4 with a vacuum cleaner and checked the connection (plug-out, plug-in).

Everything works well!

Thanks to everybody for help and support!

Not a problem!  Glad it is working good again.   For anyone else with a S4 out there if your in a dusty area you might want to open it up every once in a while to spray dust out.   It is surprising how much dust they can collect.

But best of luck mining!
Gentlemen,

I am back in business!)))
All 4 chains are working. I just did clean the S4 with a vacuum cleaner and checked the connection (plug-out, plug-in).

Everything works well!

Thanks to everybody for help and support!
legendary
I agree.

I will keep you informed, which results the tests gave.

I have now firmware dated oct 16th 2014

Could probably an update help ? (hence I seriously believe that this is a hardware failure...)

If you really have a hardware failure no re-loading/updating will do nothing.  But I would still try it as long as you made that back-up of sd card (read how to use win32diskimager to copy image and write image)  before throwing in the towel.

I am giving you some possible fixes.  But if hardware failure such as a blade going bad no it is not something you can really fix yourself. Unless you got a new blade or got old one fixed somehow.  But I would at least run through possible solutions before giving up.

And don't forget troubleshooting page for S4 over at: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
I agree.

I will keep you informed, which results the tests gave.

I have now firmware dated oct 16th 2014

Could probably an update help ? (hence I seriously believe that this is a hardware failure...)
legendary
Hi community,

may i ask the forum again, who did have the same problem as I ?
"-" instead of "o"s or "x"

I will today open up the S4 and check for cables. Are these standard cables ? Or something special ?

When you look at my screenshot you will see that even temperature is not shown. I have the suspision, that cable is bad and the board does not get data from the controller and vice versa.

Again: any hints appreciated. Could somebody solve such a problem ?

I will be honest I doubt a cable went bad.  It can be easily tested though by switching cables in the S4 from one hashing board to another. You really need to open it up and look inside and make sure everything is snug on cables.

I still stick with: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14804352

You might bring it home from office to diagnose compared to having to go to office each time you want to work on it.
Hi community,

may i ask the forum again, who did have the same problem as I ?
"-" instead of "o"s or "x"

I will today open up the S4 and check for cables. Are these standard cables ? Or something special ?

When you look at my screenshot you will see that even temperature is not shown. I have the suspision, that cable is bad and the board does not get data from the controller and vice versa.

Again: any hints appreciated. Could somebody solve such a problem ?
Activity: 9
I picked up a used S4 last week and its been working great except for 2 of the 4 fans being out.  Biggie i'm sure.  I ordered replacements and they will be here thursday.  Today was the first time it decided to shut off on me.  I looked on my pool site and saw it was offline and then went to the ip address and saw it was offline as well.  I checked on the unit and pressed the power button and it came back on fine, booted up, and is mining away.  I don't know what could be wrong, prob heat though.  I've been keeping a room air conditioner on it since i found out about the two fans (one in the back and one in the front (opposite side) not working).  I'm not out a bunch of money on this if its not recoverable, just curious if anyone has an idea.  

i did a screenshot of the temps and status
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QeOqc80-emdllYeWx4NktZdlE/view?usp=sharing

Undervolt and Underclock at

0660 Volts
and 1187 freq.

ok i see how to do that, kinda new.  reasoning?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I picked up a used S4 last week and its been working great except for 2 of the 4 fans being out.  Biggie i'm sure.  I ordered replacements and they will be here thursday.  Today was the first time it decided to shut off on me.  I looked on my pool site and saw it was offline and then went to the ip address and saw it was offline as well.  I checked on the unit and pressed the power button and it came back on fine, booted up, and is mining away.  I don't know what could be wrong, prob heat though.  I've been keeping a room air conditioner on it since i found out about the two fans (one in the back and one in the front (opposite side) not working).  I'm not out a bunch of money on this if its not recoverable, just curious if anyone has an idea.  

Undervolt and Underclock at

0660 Volts
and 1187 freq.

Activity: 9

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QeOqc80-emdllYeWx4NktZdlE/view?usp=sharing
I am thankful for any hint!

The board diagnostics seems to show how to identify a bad chain.
In my case it looks like there is no connection between the controller and chain 1.

Does this mean the hashing board is bad ? Or just connection lost ?
Probably a bad cable ?
legendary
Can somebody help ?

@notlist3d ?
@bitmainwarranty ?

Have a look on the screenshot posted. Would be nice to have your opinion on that ?

It's just been a while since I have messed with S4's due to my electricity price so keep that in mind.  If anyone has messed with one recently please step in. 

There is a board diagnostics on their site - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203361315-Board-Diagnostics .  Do it with the S4 unplugged for safety and check the connections.  The thing I don't like about yours is seeing "----"

If that does not work personally I would back-up S4 sd card (as I am more cautious then most).  And try reflashing firmware and see if any change.   And the backup is so you can go back to previous. 
Can somebody help ?

@notlist3d ?
@bitmainwarranty ?

Have a look on the screenshot posted. Would be nice to have your opinion on that ?
Hi folks,

was at the office, cannot stay calm with such a problem (

As i turned out, the first chain is not working, shows just "-" (no "x" or "o").

Anyone an idea, what can i do ?

Tried several reboots, but no change!
Pls check:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfuza3wtvruzgk5/Screenshot%20%281%29.png?dl=0

legendary
Thanks for your reply!

My miner stands in the office and i am now home due to holidays.

I will immediatly try to reset or post some screenshots from the miner status site!

Pls come back around tuesday/wednesday to this thread!

Will do and not a problem!  On S4's I found sometimes they just needed a physical power off/on in certain situations.  So wishing you the best and that is all it needs.  

Let us know how it turns out!
Thanks for your reply!

My miner stands in the office and i am now home due to holidays.

I will immediatly try to reset or post some screenshots from the miner status site!

Pls come back around tuesday/wednesday to this thread!
legendary
Hi community,
After nearly 3 month of stable work with my S4, i have now a problem.

There was a fallout of electricity on saturday in Moscow region and after that my S4 started again but is running only on 1400Ghs...anyone know, what do ihave to check what's up with my S4?

How can i get em to full hashing rate ?

Look forward to have your help. Nice if there is somebody from Moscow out there...

Do you have a picture of the status screen by chance?   Sometimes we can tell a little from it depending on what it says.  And I now that is going to sound stupid but have you tried turning off/on with the switch on PSU?   Turning off/on can sometimes fix slow speed (depends on what the issue is).
Pages:
Jump to: