Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 103. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Could just take a long hard look at the board- there'll be two bare pads where there should be a tiny little resistor instead, after which soldering it back on is a breeze Smiley ( if any steps in doing so voids warranty - discuss with Bitmain first )

yes i did that.. there are a ton of empty pads.. but none of them looked like they were damaged or had anything soldered to them.. without knowing for sure its almost impossible..

I can't find an R499, but there are 4R99's between the "yellow crosses" and the larger black rectangles with "100 408PP" on them. There is one of them per pair of chips. Its also not on the heatsink side, nor on the controller https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8679/15971573479_635d91c671_o.jpg.

That being said, its highly likely we have different revisions of S5 boards / controller.

those resistors you mentioned are all accounted for..
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
UPDATED S5 FIRMWARE RELEASED

ANTI-DDOS PROTECTION & MINERLINK Update.

Some reported better performance with Nicehash/Westhash

Please let us know if there are any issues.

And IF you did not know - here is an alternate FW with Cgminer 4.9.0 and improved support of Nicehash by smit1237.

http://smit1237.asuscomm.com:8080/nicehash/

Some details on how to use it you can find here: https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/blog/173/entry-315-proshivka-dlia-antminer-s5s4c1-ispravlenie-baga-s-ustanovkoi/.

Walk around that FTP if interesting, there are a lot of other firmwares for Bitmain and lketc miners there...
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Could just take a long hard look at the board- there'll be two bare pads where there should be a tiny little resistor instead, after which soldering it back on is a breeze Smiley ( if any steps in doing so voids warranty - discuss with Bitmain first )
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
i am still worried about this that came out from inside when i picked it up..
i took it apart looking at the hash boards for anything noticeably missing, but i didnt see anything

perhaps a diagram of where those R499 resistors are located?

it seems to be working good, but i dont want it to just blow up someday. although .499 Ohms isnt a lot and it might not even be an issue.

I can't find an R499, but there are 4R99's between the "yellow crosses" and the larger black rectangles with "100 408PP" on them. There is one of them per pair of chips. Its also not on the heatsink side, nor on the controller https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8679/15971573479_635d91c671_o.jpg.

That being said, its highly likely we have different revisions of S5 boards / controller.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
ATTN Bitmain

Would it be beneficial for me to add 3 fans on the backs of my S5s to reduce heat? Now that spring is arriving it is warming up and I want to move more air.

If this would be effective could I order 3 new S5 fans with mounting screws? I want the Bitmain ones. I do not care about noise.

How much, including shipping to Canada? UPS only.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
i am still worried about this

that came out from inside when i picked it up..
i took it apart looking at the hash boards for anything noticeably missing, but i didnt see anything

perhaps a diagram of where those R499 resistors are located?

it seems to be working good, but i dont want it to just blow up someday. although .499 Ohms isnt a lot and it might not even be an issue.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Hummmmm

can you tell me your P2pool address and the port# to submit shares to test?

Thank you!   

Did you miss this?  Wink

Have Bitmain finally fixed the "submit stale" issue with this firmware release, making it compatible with p2pool at last?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Did you miss this?  Wink

Have Bitmain finally fixed the "submit stale" issue with this firmware release, making it compatible with p2pool at last?
donator
We are working to rectify this issues related to the codes not being published and updated more frequently.  

Engineers are preparing to update the github hopefully very soon.  At least it should start with Openwart.

Also, action to do so is underway and more frequent update into the Git.

We are very open to suggestions and criticism, but please respect our engineers and company decisions to use cgminer v4.8 for this current firmware.  Our engineers know the Antminer inside and out.  There has to be some reasons why 4.8 was used in this current update 2 days ago.

Minerlink.com wise, it is getting closer and closer, hopefully, we all get to use the Minerlink to manage Antminer. For now, there is no updated schedule available.

@Kano, thank you for the comments!  very appreciated.

YOSHI

Bitmain or at least leading people there will realize mistakes they made in past when proper competition comes up. They know how much they are worth and because of that things are like this. I hope they will accept criticism and advices which will improve their devices because at the end both them and end users want reliable and fast devices...
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Bitmain or at least leading people there will realize mistakes they made in past when proper competition comes up. They know how much they are worth and because of that things are like this. I hope they will accept criticism and advices which will improve their devices because at the end both them and end users want reliable and fast devices...
legendary
Activity: 1274
Clarification:

Minerlink.com is still not functioning.  The feature to be able to use Minerlink was updated.

Cgminer 4.8 is packaged in this April Update.

Engineers decided to use 4.8 for now

That, along with what Kano wrote, is just silly. Why not use the latest code and accept help when offered? Bad decision, bad business plan that only succeeds because of the nature of this industry.
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Bitmain got back to me, looks like they should be releasing the source code on GitHub shortly.

I’m pleased to inform you the latest progress about your request. After our engineers reviewed the request in your emails, they decide to provide the source code as soon as possible. Once they post the code on GitHub, I’ll notify you immediately.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best Regards.

BITMAIN

Maybe they will maybe they wont.
I've had and have direct contact with a few top level people in Bitmain - even they wanted my skype recently.
But everyone I've asked for the spi code they've made positive but vague comments and then nothing has happened.
I wrote the SPI cgminer driver for the BlackArrow miners (yeah that was a crap waste of time, their hardware was major fail and the company ... well that's another whole issue ...)
I wrote the updated SPI driver in cgminer for the bitfury clone boards.

Yes bitmain is a GLPv3 copyright violation and I've pointed that out to them also before.
Considering the fact that I updated their problematic code in the S1 and S2 and they ignored those fixes even since back then, I really am jack of them.
They don't really care about these problems even though I've repeatedly tried to get them to take notice.
Mining with an S3 is a loss for me, mining with an S5 makes about $1.50 a day for me.
Yeah joys being a developer that gets paid $1.50 a day ... as long as I don't pay for the hardware ... if I was paying for it, that would be a major loss for me Tongue
Maybe they are now taking notice because they are no longer making literally millions of dollars a week selling their hardware like they did earlier.
Though ... each time they have contacted me, or I have contacted them, nothing has come of it with regards to cgminer.

P.S. another bitmain employee (not in china) pointed these posts out to me.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Bitmain got back to me, looks like they should be releasing the source code on GitHub shortly.

I’m pleased to inform you the latest progress about your request. After our engineers reviewed the request in your emails, they decide to provide the source code as soon as possible. Once they post the code on GitHub, I’ll notify you immediately.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best Regards.

BITMAIN
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May the source be with you.
He he he, need to check new firmware  Grin BTW in my firmware cgminer from bitmaintech repo, dunno why they refuses to update  Grin Cron on the way  Cheesy
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Thanks for the heads up, just checked the site and they did release new firmware for the S5, version 20150415.

Looks like a new firmware version may be incoming soon (hopefully) for the Antminer S5. Hopefully this will have a newer version of CGMiner and may solve some of the pool / lockup problems people have been having.

https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720150101032800325X8cMcY2y068F

I'll wait for the smit update, his stuff is too good.  Having those graphs is awesome.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Clarification:

Minerlink.com is still not functioning.  The feature to be able to use Minerlink was updated.

https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-S5-20150415.tar.gz

What was fixed with  MINERLINK, with the new firmware it still doesn't turn on  and is there any plans to fix #xnsub or give us BFGMINER support inside the S series Ants ?.
Why not add CGMINER 4.9 to that firm ware it is still at 4.8 ? . Don't shoot just asking. Cheesy Lips sealed

cool ty for the word I'm not going to use it sense 4.9 actually does work better at least the  one posted by smit1237 on west/nice hash with #xnsub fixed  , it does work on every site i use, but one , i know why it doesn't there.I guess for BFGMINER the DEV, Just doesn't like it Smiley .

again TY for the word all i can ask for and hope .

donator
Clarification:

Minerlink.com is still not functioning.  The feature to be able to use Minerlink was updated.

What was fixed with  MINERLINK, with the new firmware it still doesn't turn on  and is there any plans to fix #xnsub or give us BFGMINER support inside the S series Ants ?.
Why not add CGMINER 4.9 to that firm ware it is still at 4.8 ? . Don't shoot just asking. Cheesy Lips sealed
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

donator

Jump to: