Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 106. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Quick question. How can I split the hash power of the S5 ?? I will like to mine half somewhere and half somewhere else.

Thanks
There is one obvious way to do so. You need one S5 to mine in one "somewhere", and another S5 to mine "elsewhere".  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Quick question. How can I split the hash power of the S5 ?? I will like to mine half somewhere and half somewhere else.

Thanks

unfortunately the S5 doesn't have the balanced option that the s3 has..

any particular reason you want to mine 2 places at once?

Yeah I have a deal with a friend and I wanted to split the hashrate. Any idea if I can play into the cgminer config to do so ??

it would be easier to mine on a pool and split the payout?
nicehash is paying very good these last couple days.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

Thanks

Yeah I have a deal with a friend and I wanted to split the hashrate. Any idea if I can play into the cgminer config to do so ??

legendary
Has anyone in the U.S. paid duties on S5s shipped directly by Bitmain?  Got a fedex bill assessing a 5.3 duty on what the duty code describes as "other plastic mat" even though the manifest lists bitcoin miner.

no but i used UPS..
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Has anyone in the U.S. paid duties on S5s shipped directly by Bitmain?  Got a fedex bill assessing a 5.3% duty on what the duty code describes as "other plastic mat" even though the manifest lists bitcoin miner.
legendary

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

Thanks
legendary

What's wrong with the stock fan?

nothing is wrong with the stock fan, i bought another fan like it to run in pull, but it ended up being pwm inverted.. i fixed it up tho and my temps are good..
and its alot quieter with 2 fans running at half the speed.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
one of my hashboard has failed once again, sent for RMA.

this is the status for the other hashboard. is the HW error too high?

your temperature is pretty high - try reducing the frequency to 325MHz and see if that helps

Are we looking at the same temp? 51c is just fine. I even read pages back in this thread 60c is ok to run. That's why 80c is the shutoff. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Sorry for my paint skills but i think i need to make this for my fan to work correctly.. any electrical engineers in here to check my work?

not sure if that L7805 will get too hot..

also im not sure what the value of R2 should be.. or maybe it doesnt matter? the higher level of R2 the slower the fan will run, i think?

the transistor is 2n2222 or something? NPN i think?

What's wrong with the stock fan?
legendary
There are voltage regulators that will accept 12V input, and deliver a variable voltage output, controlled by a potentiometer on the board. They will handle 10's of Watts, and cost $10-15 on Amazon or Ebay. For many people this will be way easier, and less expensive, that trying to build one.

im not trying to build a voltage regulator.
im trying to build a logic inverter to turn the pwm back around so the fan speeds up when it gets hot instead of slowing down.
the circuit needs 5v to run, because that is what sets the pwm to full speed.. or my fans case, zero speed.

i can just plug the fan into the 12v molex for power, the inverter into the 5v on the molex for power and then just use the sense and pwm wire connected to the s5.

ok i redesigned my schematic.. tell me if this will work.. the blue wire doesnt connect to anything it goes straight to the fan.

edit, for anyone that cares, or bought this fan like i did.. this works 100% and was easy to make..

for the transistor, i just used a 2222a NPN one the E is pointing UP, it goes to ground... 2 1k resistors and a 10k.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
There are voltage regulators that will accept 12V input, and deliver a variable voltage output, controlled by a potentiometer on the board. They will handle 10's of Watts, and cost $10-15 on Amazon or Ebay. For many people this will be way easier, and less expensive, that trying to build one.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
@klondike_bar: will test 325mhz later

@aarons6: i have 2 fans running, one is stock and the other is a noctua. my ambient temperature is quite high here. not possible to get the temp below 50c even if the fan is at its max. using a dell 2100w psu

fixed it. swapped the data cable
legendary

the hwe does seem a little high for only 15 minutes.. but it might settle down after a few hours of running.. id check it over night.

also that fan is spinning way too slow.. is it the stock fan?? should be 3500 rpms at that temp..

what power supply are you using?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

your temperature is pretty high - try reducing the frequency to 325MHz and see if that helps
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

legendary
Sorry for my paint skills but i think i need to make this for my fan to work correctly.. any electrical engineers in here to check my work?

also im not sure what the value of R2 should be.. or maybe it doesnt matter? the higher level of R2 the slower the fan will run, i think?

L7805 will get too hot..
this is my antminer s5 fan controller layout :

and this is the controller :

you can see the result in my youtube video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUMfP6xlgFo

i was trying to keep it pwm. i suppose i can run the 5v from the molex and not use the L7805.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
I tried running the pull fan on a problem S3 at full speed and found that to get it done and still have speed readings I had to cut the blue wire and bring that from the fan to the supply 12v while leaving the hashboard blue wire dead ended.  

I bought a PWM speed controller from China and was going to put the output to the blue wire and have an adjustable fan speed control with normal speed feedback to the GUI.  But, since I wanted to troubleshoot the problem S3 I put it back to stock and haven't attempted the variable speed yet.  I decided I wanted to get some connectors so as not to cut the wires as the fans don't have a lot of extra lead length.  Also, summer is on its way and I may just want full speed on fans so then I might be better off with a simple SPDT toggle on each fan for hashboard dictated speed or full speed.

I wonder why on the S3's there are two different fan speeds.  When I added a pull fan to my S5 I took its power from the 12v supply without concern for variable speed.  The fan cable splitters on ebay would seem good for adding a fan to an S5, again why two fan speeds.  And on an S3 the splitter could be put to the board with faster fan and then have a SPST toggling the fans' blue wire from either the hashboard blue wire output or to supply 12v.  Think I'll order some now, give it a try and then if I'm happy with the option I'll put it on all my miners for the summer.  Though mid-summer I may be shutting down during the day and only running at night, remains to be seen.
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..

L7805 will get too hot..
this is my antminer s5 fan controller layout :

and this is the controller :

you can see the result in my youtube video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUMfP6xlgFo
legendary

Jump to: