Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 102. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 387
Merit: 254
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I was going to buy a couple more S5's but the price is still $340, so I just bought bitcoin instead. I even asked Bitmaintech to see if they would lower the price considering it's been there for quite some time and they are shipping used hardware anyway. Nothing received in stone. Only reason I wanted to grab 1 or 2 more is because I have a free electrical outlet. You guys still aren't buying them at that price point, are you? I doubt the last sale they had no one will ROI anyway unless free electric and free power supplies all the way.

Buying BTC at current USD value makes way more sense than buying an S5 at it's current price. I've been purchasing BTC via coinbase for the last few weeks myself.

It's going to cost me way more than $340 to mine 1 BTC with an S5 rather than spending ~$223 USD to acquire the same BTC presently.

I'm honestly surprised Bitmain has remained firm with their pricing at $340 for so long (when you're the only game in town, amiright ?) which is even more incentive to buy BTC than their miners right now.

It all depends on your electical costs, but for long term holding the current purchase price looks more attractive than miners unless you have REALLY low kw/h costs.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I was going to buy a couple more S5's but the price is still $340, so I just bought bitcoin instead. I even asked Bitmaintech to see if they would lower the price considering it's been there for quite some time and they are shipping used hardware anyway. Nothing received in stone. Only reason I wanted to grab 1 or 2 more is because I have a free electrical outlet. You guys still aren't buying them at that price point, are you? I doubt the last sale they had no one will ROI anyway unless free electric and free power supplies all the way.

Buying BTC at current USD value makes way more sense than buying an S5 at it's current price. I've been purchasing BTC via coinbase for the last few weeks myself.

It's going to cost me way more than $340 to mine 1 BTC with an S5 rather than spending ~$223 USD to acquire the same BTC presently.

I'm honestly surprised Bitmain has remained firm with their pricing at $340 for so long (when you're the only game in town, amiright ?) which is even more incentive to buy BTC than their miners right now.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

Activity: 182
May the source be with you.
Actually my firmware  based only on official sources(cgminer) i only add some nice looking graphs and tweaked a bit cgminer code to better support nicehash(revert old patch, apply new patch). Bitmain testing my firmwares, but looks like they decided to use old cgminer(dunno why,  they don't told me Cheesy). In next release i plan to add crontab as many people asking me to do so.

That is great news I didn't know Bitmain was testing them.   With them testing your firmware have they made any mention as far as warrenty/support of it?
They tell me that possibly they can make it official, but this is last words i hear from them. This is started as firmware for my personal needs, so i don't care about guaranty. So far there is no significant problems reported.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Actually my firmware  based only on official sources(cgminer) i only add some nice looking graphs and tweaked a bit cgminer code to better support nicehash(revert old patch, apply new patch). Bitmain testing my firmwares, but looks like they decided to use old cgminer(dunno why,  they don't told me Cheesy). In next release i plan to add crontab as many people asking me to do so.

That is great news I didn't know Bitmain was testing them.   With them testing your firmware have they made any mention as far as warrenty/support of it?
Activity: 182
May the source be with you.
legendary
hello you've tried this with firmware 4.9 cgminer por antminer s5? worth it? really better? or worse?

Hi! I downloaded it but have not flashed yet. I am satisfied enough with old S5 firmware. I don't like Nicehash.

p.s. have just flashed it, looks OK.  Wink CPU load reduced from 80+% to 22-27%.

I do not understand how to turn on Extranonce subscription nicehash and if should activate it on my 4x antminer s5

If your doing nicehash it makes it a lot easier.  But with not being a official firmware there is a lot of risk, including losing your warranty.

I have tried the C1 and S4 of it, but I went back to official firmware as I like that it has went through Bitmain.
Activity: 798
hello you've tried this with firmware 4.9 cgminer por antminer s5? worth it? really better? or worse?

Hi! I downloaded it but have not flashed yet. I am satisfied enough with old S5 firmware. I don't like Nicehash.

p.s. have just flashed it, looks OK.  Wink CPU load reduced from 80+% to 22-27%.

I do not understand how to turn on Extranonce subscription nicehash and if should activate it on my 4x antminer s5
legendary
UPDATED S5 FIRMWARE RELEASED

ANTI-DDOS PROTECTION & MINERLINK Update.

Some reported better performance with Nicehash/Westhash

https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-S5-20150415.tar.gz

Please let us know if there are any issues.

I might have missed something but I did not see it.  What is the anti-ddos protection?  Can you go into more details as far as how it works?

It grabbed my interest as a having a degree in computer security.   
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
Does the new S5 firmware released by Bitmaintech that only has cgminer 4.8.0 work on any S5?
Activity: 798
UPDATED S5 FIRMWARE RELEASED

ANTI-DDOS PROTECTION & MINERLINK Update.

Some reported better performance with Nicehash/Westhash

Please let us know if there are any issues.

And IF you did not know - here is an alternate FW with Cgminer 4.9.0 and improved support of Nicehash by smit1237.

http://smit1237.asuscomm.com:8080/nicehash/

Some details on how to use it you can find here: https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/blog/173/entry-315-proshivka-dlia-antminer-s5s4c1-ispravlenie-baga-s-ustanovkoi/.

Walk around that FTP if interesting, there are a lot of other firmwares for Bitmain and lketc miners there...

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Hey Yoshi! Thanks for standing up to Josh Garza and his bullshit scams. Chances are that you saved a lot of innocent people from being scammed. For sure you saved your reputation.

Josh Garza is a slimeball and will do whatever he can to part people from their money.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11133665

NOTE: An email dump of GAW Miners showed that Garza attempted to get Bitmain to write a note saying that Josh had made a huge purchase of many PH. Yoshi forced the issue and would not issue any note until the deal was done.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
the S5 that we have came whit DHCP IP address, not static, and any time the S5 are plug out the IP cahnges, i try changing in static but now i cant find the miner anymore, i only fill up the IP Address field whit 192.168.1.112, do i need to fill up also Netmask/Gateway/DNS?  

If you are using:

192.168.1.112 as the miner ip

netmask most likely should be:

gateway and DNS should be set to your routers ip, which is most likely:

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Can the 18pin data cable be replaced/purchased? getting 1 hw error per minute. have narrowed down to one of the data cable

Presumably, this is not a data cable fault.
I got a different longere cables from  inside broken TVs. (plasma and LCD)  16 pin and 24 pin . With awl You can take out the cables from one plug  and place to another plug. So I made a longere cable.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
the S5 that we have came whit DHCP IP address, not static, and any time the S5 are plug out the IP cahnges, i try changing in static but now i cant find the miner anymore, i only fill up the IP Address field whit 192.168.1.112, do i need to fill up also Netmask/Gateway/DNS?  

If you are setting static IP address you need to fill all fields so yes.

You will need to reset button out of this if you didn't enter those things, the S5 won't be discoverable or connectible.
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
If you are setting static IP address you need to fill all fields so yes.
Activity: 460
Merit: 500
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Can the 18pin data cable be replaced/purchased? getting 1 hw error per minute. have narrowed down to one of the data cable
Jump to: