Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 108. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 818
Merit: 508
>snip image<
I have two Delta fans in a push pull configuration.  SO MUCH QUIETER.

Awesome. What fan models?

Delta AFB1212SHE-PWM

2 of them in a push/pull.  they work great.  $20 a piece.  Way quieter than stock.

Even a single Delta AFB1212SH works in push, which makes it a $10-11/miner mod and it is quieter than 1212SHE and way quieter than stock.

I don't know if I believe that. I'd have to see it mining for 15+ minutes with that one fan to believe it. I mean if you did get that to work somehow more power to you, but one 25mm fan?

Yeah, i don't know about one fan.  When I pulled the stock fan off, temps jumped. 

I just did a check....

Running at 386.75, i'm averaging 1.2T.  Temps are holding at 58/60.  HW 0.0001%
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
>snip image<

Delta AFB1212SHE-PWM

2 of them in a push/pull.  they work great.  $20 a piece.  Way quieter than stock.

Even a single Delta AFB1212SH works in push, which makes it a $10-11/miner mod and it is quieter than 1212SHE and way quieter than stock.

I don't know if I believe that. I'd have to see it mining for 15+ minutes with that one fan to believe it. I mean if you did get that to work somehow more power to you, but one 25mm fan?
legendary
Personal text my ass....

I have two Delta fans in a push pull configuration.  SO MUCH QUIETER.

Delta AFB1212SHE-PWM

2 of them in a push/pull.  they work great.  $20 a piece.  Way quieter than stock.

Anything is quiter than the stock fans. Those Delta's peak at 53dB, so I would say you are hearing about 50dB from two of those fans. I measured with a digital sound meter TWO s5's with using the Noctua's at 1 meter away was only 53dB. That's not bad for 2. Also, everyone's hearing is different. Some people hate that whining high pitch small fans make and some people it doesn't bother them. One reason I like those Noctua's. They have a low almost hum to them. Very far away from a high pitched whine noise. If it works for you and can keep the rig cool that's all that matters.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Look at my post here to see how I've tried to fix that but unfortunately without any luck.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May the source be with you.
it was in one of the config file.

please let me check!  (may take a day or so, and if no update, please PM, thanks!)

I'm too lazy to investigate that, but ntpdate is prezent , problem in timezone settings.
Yeah, i've seen it somewhere, but forogot where Cheesy
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
it was in one of the config file.

please let me check!  (may take a day or so, and if no update, please PM, thanks!)

I'm too lazy to investigate that, but ntpdate is prezent , problem in timezone settings.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May the source be with you.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Asked this earlier but didn't see an answer;

Is there a way to change the mining speed/overclocking/fan speed via a cronjob like I do with my SP20 boxes?
Short answer - no.

Is there a long answer? :p
There just no crontab at all in firmware, and no space for additional software, i don't understand why they  used 256 mb flash , and left for /config only 20 mb, so we are limited to 20 mb firmware size.
And you simply can't control fan speed, also there is no possibility to change voltage, you must raise/lower input voltage to overclock/downclock. I'm kinda expert in s5 Cheesy
Maybe i can rebuild u-boot and change partition layout, but i need beaglebone black for experiments, and don't have money to buy them Sad

Any idea how to change the timezone for S5 ?

I looked for a way to change it as well.  I did not see any way to do it.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Asked this earlier but didn't see an answer;

Is there a way to change the mining speed/overclocking/fan speed via a cronjob like I do with my SP20 boxes?
Short answer - no.

Is there a long answer? :p
There just no crontab at all in firmware, and no space for additional software, i don't understand why they  used 256 mb flash , and left for /config only 20 mb, so we are limited to 20 mb firmware size.
And you simply can't control fan speed, also there is no possibility to change voltage, you must raise/lower input voltage to overclock/downclock. I'm kinda expert in s5 Cheesy
Maybe i can rebuild u-boot and change partition layout, but i need beaglebone black for experiments, and don't have money to buy them Sad

Any idea how to change the timezone for S5 ?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
>snip image<

Delta AFB1212SHE-PWM

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

Delta AFB1212SHE-PWM

2 of them in a push/pull.  they work great.  $20 a piece.  Way quieter than stock.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
140mm fans like the Noctua work fine on S5's with this adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Bgears-Cooling-Fan-Adapter-140mm-Black/dp/B0043GMY1U

The only minor issue is that it extends below the base a bit so you'll need to compensate for that with a base plate under the miner (or hang the fan over the edge of whatever it's on).  

The Noctua 120mm's work ok too. So why even bother spending more money on the size adapters....unless the 140's are that much quiter, but I doubt they would be.

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
140mm fans like the Noctua work fine on S5's with this adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Bgears-Cooling-Fan-Adapter-140mm-Black/dp/B0043GMY1U

The only minor issue is that it extends below the base a bit so you'll need to compensate for that with a base plate under the miner (or hang the fan over the edge of whatever it's on).  
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Electrical usage calculator
http://www.electricity-usage.com/Electricity-Usage-Calculator.aspx?Device=&Watts=2000&CostPerKWH=0.10&HoursPerDay=24

Should help many
120V
20a = 2400W max on breaker 1920W safe
15a =1800W max on breaker 1500W safe
Safe= constant 24/7

Be sure to check your wire size (at the breaker,remove your panel cover),it makes alot of difference.

14AWG can't handle as much as 12AWG,most older homes (10 years or more) have 12AWG.Newer homes (less than 10 years) got cheaped out with 14AWG (mine's one of them)  Roll Eyes

I keep my 14AWG 15 amp circuits at 1200 watts or less,I noticed the wires (in my attic I have access to all wires) were getting warm with 1400 watts,at 1200 I felt no heat on them  Wink
legendary
Personal text my ass....

legendary
Personal text my ass....
Is not better than two expensive Noctua 3000rpm PWM fans, two cheaper 3000rpm without RPM?
For example I am using Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000rpm (133,6CFM), and it costs 2,5 times less than Noctua.

These look pretty good if they are truly PWM. Do you notice the fan speed changes?

EDIT: I think this fan is just a plain old 3 pin and not PWM. So it will run 3000 all the time and be noisy as heck with two of them running.

legendary
Personal text my ass....
Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 3000RPM PWM 120mm High Performance Fan  x 2 ( push-pool )

Conceived for industrial heavy duty applications that require enhanced cooling performance and advanced ingress protection, the NF-F12 industrialPPC (Protected Performance Cooling) is a ruggedised high-speed version of the award-winning retail model. Thanks to the outstanding aerodynamic efficiency of the NF-F12 design and the use of a novel three-phase motor, the industrialPPC version provides superior airflow and pressure capacity while keeping noise levels and power consumption moderate as against comparable high-speed fans. While its fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction and certified water and dust protection make the NF-F12 industrialPPC suitable for operation in challenging environments, the renowned SSO2 bearing technology guarantees an MTBF of over 150,000hrs. Topped off with Noctua's trusted reliability and six year manufacturer's warranty, the NF-F12 industrialPPC is an ideal choice for highly demanding applications that require superior flow rates and ultimate dependability

Features:
- Based on the award-winning NF-F12 design
- 3000rpm PWM industrialPPC version
- Three-phase motor design
- Fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction
- Certified IP52 water and dust protection
- Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads
- Six year warranty

Specification:
- Size: 120x120x25 mm
- Connector: 4-pin PWM
- Bearing: SSO2
- Blade Geometry: Heptaperf
- Frame Technology: FocusedFlow
- Rotational Speed (± 10%): 3000 RPM
- Airflow: 109.8 CFM
- Acoustical Noise: 43.5 dB(A)
- Static Pressure: 7.63 mm H2O
- Max. Input Power: 3.6 W
- Max. Input Current   : 0.3 A

JUST PERFECT!

Read the thread man. I must have said the only real world workable dual fan solution (if you don't have any S3 fans) is to buy two of these fans in a push / pull. Must have mentioned it over 10 times. For one fan setup you need at LEAST a 38mm push with at least 185-200 CFM, max 4000 RPM's. For a dual fan setup you would need two 25+ mm in a push pull with at LEAST 110-125 CFM, max 3000 RPM's. If the ambient temps increase considerably on the dual fan setup some kind of air conditioning will or may be needed. Most other fans cannot take the pressure or keep up with the demand then the Noctua's, hence the 6 year warranty. They are also IP52 rated, which can take dripping water and some spray and dust won't even bother it. The motor is completely sealed of course.

Have fun!!!

i know about the noctua's they are nice fans..
but nobody has answered my question.. maybe you can..

what about this fan as pull with stock fan as push but clocked down with a pwm controller
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220056

id prob clock the stock fan to right at 3000 rpm.. or even see what it settles at with the pull fan.

I doubt it would work. The fan is too large, how would you get all that air to funnel into a 120mm space when the fan is 140mm?
Jump to: