Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 112. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
1 S5 to Indonesia via UPS is $340+$37.82
2 S5 to Indonesia via UPS is $680+$62.44

I want to buy s5 how the cost of shipping to Indonesia, I saw on the website was not found, please help
thank you
You can see it during checkout.
i want to order in dhgate.com
but the price are different.
it cost 407$ to indonesia with dhl  Huh

Yep. It cost more to use a credit card and a third party website.

Oh and in my area DHL is a crap shipping company compared to UPS.They do not even deliver to my house and I'm in a mid size city. They pass it off to another company to deliver and then try to get import fees  twice. Once on line and once at the door. Watch these guys. Also very slow. In the time it took DHL to get the parcel out of China my other one, shipped via UPS, arrived had been mining for 1 day.
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..

I want to buy s5 how the cost of shipping to Indonesia, I saw on the website was not found, please help
thank you
i want to order in dhgate.com
but the price are different.
it cost 407$ to indonesia with dhl  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 3000RPM PWM 120mm High Performance Fan  x 2 ( push-pool )

Conceived for industrial heavy duty applications that require enhanced cooling performance and advanced ingress protection, the NF-F12 industrialPPC (Protected Performance Cooling) is a ruggedised high-speed version of the award-winning retail model. Thanks to the outstanding aerodynamic efficiency of the NF-F12 design and the use of a novel three-phase motor, the industrialPPC version provides superior airflow and pressure capacity while keeping noise levels and power consumption moderate as against comparable high-speed fans. While its fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction and certified water and dust protection make the NF-F12 industrialPPC suitable for operation in challenging environments, the renowned SSO2 bearing technology guarantees an MTBF of over 150,000hrs. Topped off with Noctua's trusted reliability and six year manufacturer's warranty, the NF-F12 industrialPPC is an ideal choice for highly demanding applications that require superior flow rates and ultimate dependability

Features:
- Based on the award-winning NF-F12 design
- 3000rpm PWM industrialPPC version
- Three-phase motor design
- Fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction
- Certified IP52 water and dust protection
- Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads
- Six year warranty

Specification:
- Size: 120x120x25 mm
- Connector: 4-pin PWM
- Bearing: SSO2
- Blade Geometry: Heptaperf
- Frame Technology: FocusedFlow
- Rotational Speed (± 10%): 3000 RPM
- Airflow: 109.8 CFM
- Acoustical Noise: 43.5 dB(A)
- Static Pressure: 7.63 mm H2O
- Max. Input Power: 3.6 W
- Max. Input Current   : 0.3 A

JUST PERFECT!

Read the thread man. I must have said the only real world workable dual fan solution (if you don't have any S3 fans) is to buy two of these fans in a push / pull. Must have mentioned it over 10 times. For one fan setup you need at LEAST a 38mm push with at least 185-200 CFM, max 4000 RPM's. For a dual fan setup you would need two 25+ mm in a push pull with at LEAST 110-125 CFM, max 3000 RPM's. If the ambient temps increase considerably on the dual fan setup some kind of air conditioning will or may be needed. Most other fans cannot take the pressure or keep up with the demand then the Noctua's, hence the 6 year warranty. They are also IP52 rated, which can take dripping water and some spray and dust won't even bother it. The motor is completely sealed of course.

Have fun!!!

legendary
Personal text my ass....
Mine looks like that too -- it was working for a day or two.  It was too loud in my office for me to even speak on the phone, so last night I removed the pull-fan fro one of my S3's and replaced the S5's push fan with it -- had to splice to extend the wires because they didn't reach.

Now it is nice & quiet, and still running at acceptable temps < 65

BUT chain #2 is dead -- all dashes :-(

How do I go about troubleshooting?  I reseated all of the power connectors (twice), and the two grey data connectors on top.  But I'm not sure what to try next.  My warranty is clearly null and void :-)

thanks,

-dave
Were there dashes before you changed the fan?  If not, then you can try power cycling the PS (off for thirty seconds or so) and if still a problem, lower the clock!

No dashes before -- all o's on both blades.  And it was hashing fine out of the box at stock freq for a few hours, then I cranked it up to 400 and it was doing about 1.3 TH nicely.  But so frickin loud.  That's when I decided not to leave well enough alone, and to replace the fan with an S3 push. 

Today its hashing on the one blade at 350 freq again.  And I can see the S3 fan is not going to be enough.  Its barely keeping the one blade at stock clock under 60 degrees...

I did reseat all the power and data cables I can see and reach from the top.  I guess a full tear-down is in order.  What was the good thermal paste again?

-dave

Good thermal paste. I never used it, but heard it was very good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391051770903?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Gelid TC-GC-10g Extreme.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
No dashes before -- all o's on both blades.  And it was hashing fine out of the box at stock freq for a few hours, then I cranked it up to 400 and it was doing about 1.3 TH nicely.  But so frickin loud.  That's when I decided not to leave well enough alone, and to replace the fan with an S3 push. 

Today its hashing on the one blade at 350 freq again.  And I can see the S3 fan is not going to be enough.  Its barely keeping the one blade at stock clock under 60 degrees...

I did reseat all the power and data cables I can see and reach from the top.  I guess a full tear-down is in order.  What was the good thermal paste again?

-dave

Did you only use one fan off the S3? I don't think that is near enough for the heat. You'd need both push and pulls form the S3.

I tried adding just a 104CFM fan to the back of the S5 tonight and use with the stock fan to see if it makes any difference tomorrow after I get a chance to put it in my rig.

Should reduce temps enough to warrant a fan speed reduction. We'll see.

The fan speeds of the S5 and it's extreme heat generation IMO is a downer on this. My SP20's create less heat at much quieter fan speeds. I was hoping to rock a few dozen S5's but I might have to just buy more SP20's unless I find a decent way to quiet them at least to SP20' levels..  Wink
(I run my rigs in one of my garages under the house. Can't hear it inside, but it's quite loud and toasty in the garage.)
**Love a heated garage that kind of pays for itself**  Cheesy

The temp sensor on these is a broad approximate and the programming written in the firmware pumps the stock fan way too high keeping the temps at 50 most of the time. 59-64 is just fine. You have a couple of options. Remove those monstrous 38mm fan(s) and throw on a couple Noctua NF12 Industrial 3000 (push/pull) and it is much more tolerable for in the home. Or you can flash it with smit's low fan firmware which corrects the overworked fan code and makes the stock fan run a lot less RPM's. I have not tried this firmware myself, but heard it works fine. I've also seen people attaching little tiny heatsinks to the temp sensor(s). This in my opinion isn't a good way to go since the temps you are seeing are already just an approximate to begin with.  I'm running stock, I don't over clock.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Well I've gone and done it, I've ignored the advice that 70 CFM x2 isn't enough and picked up a couple of 4-wire PWM fans to replace the salvaged 2-wire PSU fans I'm running on now. They were a lot crappier (but quieter) than the free fans I couldn't believe it, I underestimated the CFM of the PSU fans. QQ

Two 150+ CFM/3000 RPM fans are definitely the bare minimum to go over 1TH/s mark.

The recycled PSU fans (2000RPM?) are currently running cool and quiet at 256.25M @ 830GH/s - 53/49 deg.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510

thank you
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
does anyone know how to turn AHF-2DC-2100W psu silent?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
thank you
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Anyone handy with fixing these. I just listed my 2Ths S4 on ebay starting at $49 (no reserve). Does need some sort of repair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bitmain-Antminer-S4-BATCH-2-Bitcoin-Miner-2Th-s-SHA256-Mining-AS-IS-Power-on-/281651706290?

Vegas
Please ship to Canada. I will bid on it if you will. If I win, I will pay the shipping via UPS and be responsible for duties and taxes on my end upon receipt. My eBay Account is 100% and older than dirt. Same as my PayPal. They are both probably older than some of the people posting on here Smiley

I remember when pay pal and Ebay first started i had a account on both of them lost that info for those accounts a long time ago  and just reopened two new accounts on Ebay and pay pal a year or two ago because then i had no use for either then now i use them more then any account, i have ever had ..

i love it on ebay when I'm told your account is not that old etc little do they know i was one of the very first ever to join either, when it went live way back,when the internet was dial up.

Yep I have been there from the early days. Used them both for forever. I stopped being a seller in eBay though. Got tired of the bullshit from eBay. I value my perfect rating hence I why I stopped selling! In all of my years I have only been ripped off once.
Activity: 112
Anyone handy with fixing these. I just listed my 2Ths S4 on ebay starting at $49 (no reserve). Does need some sort of repair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bitmain-Antminer-S4-BATCH-2-Bitcoin-Miner-2Th-s-SHA256-Mining-AS-IS-Power-on-/281651706290?

Vegas
Please ship to Canada. I will bid on it if you will. If I win, I will pay the shipping via UPS and be responsible for duties and taxes on my end upon receipt. My eBay Account is 100% and older than dirt. Same as my PayPal. They are both probably older than some of the people posting on here Smiley

I remember when pay pal and Ebay first started i had a account on both of them lost that info for those accounts a long time ago  and just reopened two new accounts on Ebay and pay pal a year or two ago because then i had no use for either then now i use them more then any account, i have ever had ..

i love it on ebay when I'm told your account is not that old etc little do they know i was one of the very first ever to join either, when it went live way back,when the internet was dial up.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Fan mod
1. Thermalright 130CFM pull - fan is PWM but run with blue wire hack, aka full pelt)
2. Stock S3 fan running on PWM - push

This is a strange setup, during the day when it is a bit warmer, the push fan (stock S3) runs at higher RPM (3600 max I've seen) and I get temps of 44 and 46.
Freq 412.5

And when the push stock S3 fan ramps up to 3600 rpm .... (first time I've noticed it at night!) temps fall to 40, 43

Activity: 672
Activity: 110
Anyone know why S5s don't failover from WestHash.com when its profitability drops below the pw parameter Huh

Code:
stratum.WestHash.com:3334#xnsub
worker address
p=0.0113
Mine seems to work fine and fails over from nicehash.com when it drops below the p= value. Which cgminer version are you using? Im running 4.9.0
" [2015-04-04 19:36:15] pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: [
   "High price. No order to work on.",
   null
]"

I believe I have the latest FW update (Wed Jan 7 14:05:02 CST 2015) in all my S5s and they run 4.8.0 cgminer. I don't know how to get it to run 4.9 but 4.8 has extranonce support.

If WestHash is paying below my p-value when I cold boot it runs pool 2 fine. Then later if WestHash pays higher than p it switches. But, when the payout drops below p it stops mining and does not failover to pool 2. The only way I can get it to hash again is to manually edit pool 2 to be pool 1. My SP20s failover whenever pool1 is dead and swicth back to pool 1 when it goes live. Hopefully bitmain will fix the bug soon.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Bitmain, how about some coupons so I can buy some more S5 units now that you have them back in stock?  Maybe just 4?

we all want some coupons  bitmain has not cracked and given many out.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Bitmain, how about some coupons so I can buy some more S5 units now that you have them back in stock?  Maybe just 4?
wow awesome freq with very low temps
ho much power to do it?

I use 2 550W Dell server PSU's, one for each blade.
great..
i will try it on my s5.
did you mod the bitmain-voltage in cgminer.conf?
No I have not and it is running on the default voltage setting, but now that you mention it (and I am sure I have adequate power and cooling), I'll look into changing / setting different voltages.
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..
ho much power to do it?

great..
i will try it on my s5.
did you mod the bitmain-voltage in cgminer.conf?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Interesting. Batch Five is now sold out.
Nope, batch 5 is now / still available ...
I saw that. Interesting that price is staying firm @ $340. Still looking forward to an S2->S6 upgrade kit if it ever becomes available. Alternately, looking for at least another couple S5's to tinker with, but the current price @ $340 USD is not a rational decision for me.

TBH, the last few times I've felt like pulling the trigger on buying S5's, I ended up purchasing the equivalent USD as BTC on Coinbase instead.

Still have my jimmies all rustled from their B5 $320 initial offering shenanigans Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley ...
ho much power to do it?

Jump to: