Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 113. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..
Fan mod
1. Thermalright 130CFM pull - fan is PWM but run with blue wire hack, aka full pelt)
2. Stock S3 fan running on PWM - push

This is a strange setup, during the day when it is a bit warmer, the push fan (stock S3) runs at higher RPM (3600 max I've seen) and I get temps of 44 and 46.
Freq 412.5

wow awesome freq with very low temps
ho much power to do it?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Fan mod
1. Thermalright 130CFM pull - fan is PWM but run with blue wire hack, aka full pelt)
2. Stock S3 fan running on PWM - push

This is a strange setup, during the day when it is a bit warmer, the push fan (stock S3) runs at higher RPM (3600 max I've seen) and I get temps of 44 and 46.
Freq 412.5

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 3000RPM PWM 120mm High Performance Fan  x 2 ( push-pool )

Conceived for industrial heavy duty applications that require enhanced cooling performance and advanced ingress protection, the NF-F12 industrialPPC (Protected Performance Cooling) is a ruggedised high-speed version of the award-winning retail model. Thanks to the outstanding aerodynamic efficiency of the NF-F12 design and the use of a novel three-phase motor, the industrialPPC version provides superior airflow and pressure capacity while keeping noise levels and power consumption moderate as against comparable high-speed fans. While its fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction and certified water and dust protection make the NF-F12 industrialPPC suitable for operation in challenging environments, the renowned SSO2 bearing technology guarantees an MTBF of over 150,000hrs. Topped off with Noctua's trusted reliability and six year manufacturer's warranty, the NF-F12 industrialPPC is an ideal choice for highly demanding applications that require superior flow rates and ultimate dependability

Features:
- Based on the award-winning NF-F12 design
- 3000rpm PWM industrialPPC version
- Three-phase motor design
- Fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction
- Certified IP52 water and dust protection
- Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads
- Six year warranty

Specification:
- Size: 120x120x25 mm
- Connector: 4-pin PWM
- Bearing: SSO2
- Blade Geometry: Heptaperf
- Frame Technology: FocusedFlow
- Rotational Speed (± 10%): 3000 RPM
- Airflow: 109.8 CFM
- Acoustical Noise: 43.5 dB(A)
- Static Pressure: 7.63 mm H2O
- Max. Input Power: 3.6 W
- Max. Input Current   : 0.3 A

JUST PERFECT!

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=80&lng=en
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 3000RPM PWM 120mm High Performance Fan  x 2 ( push-pool )

Conceived for industrial heavy duty applications that require enhanced cooling performance and advanced ingress protection, the NF-F12 industrialPPC (Protected Performance Cooling) is a ruggedised high-speed version of the award-winning retail model. Thanks to the outstanding aerodynamic efficiency of the NF-F12 design and the use of a novel three-phase motor, the industrialPPC version provides superior airflow and pressure capacity while keeping noise levels and power consumption moderate as against comparable high-speed fans. While its fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction and certified water and dust protection make the NF-F12 industrialPPC suitable for operation in challenging environments, the renowned SSO2 bearing technology guarantees an MTBF of over 150,000hrs. Topped off with Noctua's trusted reliability and six year manufacturer's warranty, the NF-F12 industrialPPC is an ideal choice for highly demanding applications that require superior flow rates and ultimate dependability

Features:
- Based on the award-winning NF-F12 design
- 3000rpm PWM industrialPPC version
- Three-phase motor design
- Fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction
- Certified IP52 water and dust protection
- Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads
- Six year warranty

Specification:
- Size: 120x120x25 mm
- Connector: 4-pin PWM
- Bearing: SSO2
- Blade Geometry: Heptaperf
- Frame Technology: FocusedFlow
- Rotational Speed (± 10%): 3000 RPM
- Airflow: 109.8 CFM
- Acoustical Noise: 43.5 dB(A)
- Static Pressure: 7.63 mm H2O
- Max. Input Power: 3.6 W
- Max. Input Current   : 0.3 A

JUST PERFECT!
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Anyone know why S5s don't failover from WestHash.com when its profitability drops below the pw parameter Huh

Code:
stratum.WestHash.com:3334#xnsub
worker address
p=0.0113

Mine seems to work fine and fails over from nicehash.com when it drops below the p= value. Which cgminer version are you using? Im running 4.9.0

" [2015-04-04 19:36:15] pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: [
   "High price. No order to work on.",
   null
]"
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Anyone know why S5s don't failover from WestHash.com when its profitability drops below the pw parameter Huh

Code:
worker address
p=0.0113
I have six S5 and all behave fine with Westhash and Failover.

just a quick question. is it safe to power the s5 with just 1 connector per blade?

Yeah, just make sure you use the ones nearest the ethernet port  Wink

So they are like the S3's? No need for all 4 connections unless you'll overclock? Didn't know that.
The fewer the connections, the higher the cable/connector temps and the greater the voltage drop across the cables.  When high currents are involved, always better to have more connections than fewer.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Yes.

If you have a thick enough cable with a strong enough PSU, 300W per hashing PCB with 1 PCI-E plug will work but if your wire is not thick enough or PSU is not strong enough to push that much electricity, then you have to use all 4 PCI-E plug

often time with cheaper/discounted PSU, you have to use all 4 PCI-E connectors!

just a quick question. is it safe to power the s5 with just 1 connector per blade?

So they are like the S3's? No need for all 4 connections unless you'll overclock? Didn't know that.

It's not recommended, but I run a couple like that without issues - never tried OCing them though, wouldn't risk it tbh  Wink

Edit: Good quality gauge wires are essential though.

thanks! i assume they recommend connecting all 4 is to prevent the wires from getting too hot and the connectors on the blade are in parallel
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

It's not recommended, but I run a couple like that without issues - never tried OCing them though, wouldn't risk it tbh  Wink

thanks! i assume they recommend connecting all 4 is to prevent the wires from getting too hot and the connectors on the blade are in parallel
Interesting. Batch Five is now sold out.

Nope, batch 5 is now / still available ...
Activity: 110

Code:
worker address
p=0.0113
Badly designed firmware. S4s do the same.

Thx, I was afraid of that. Guess they're too busy sweeping tombs to revise it  Grin

Be nice if they'd add a power-time profile feature like the SP20s have to work with Time-Of-Use electric metering.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Code:
worker address
p=0.0113

Badly designed firmware. S4s do the same.
Activity: 110

Code:
worker address
p=0.0113
Activity: 686
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

Yeah, just make sure you use the ones nearest the ethernet port  Wink

Activity: 686
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

Yeah, just make sure you use the ones nearest the ethernet port  Wink
Activity: 99
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
I want to buy s5 how the cost of shipping to Indonesia, I saw on the website was not found, please help
thank you
Ugh. Nevermind. Like talking to a stone wall. I'll be the mature one and move on. Is that OK with you?

Now that you realise your nonsensical comments to be that ... do as you wish. Just don't delude yourself that you know it all, if anything, bitchie dogie.
PS. That heatsink mod I described above was accomplished with no more than a power drill, snips and the trusty dremel that I used for tapping the holes ... so there you have it!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

At least you do not distance yourself from bitchie .... you 2 are one and the same .... but like I said, if you find heatpipes difficult, leave it to those that don't. You do not have to throw in your 2 cents into any and everything all the time, mostly with your ignorance.

For starters, my suggestion was a self moded copper heatsink, and I speak WITH experience here as I have a few aluminium slab + copper fins heatsinks that I made myself. The fins were made from split copper tubes and attached to the aluminium using screws and heatpads. Whether it costs more or not, you have no way of telling and therefore are not in a position to add any value to the conversation, thus has nothing to do with you.

Millionaire at 13, went to MIT and left to work in family machine shop programming CNC's and wire EDM's bitchie dogie .....

Ugh. Nevermind. Like talking to a stone wall. I'll be the mature one and move on. Is that OK with you?
It 'has to do with me' when you attacked me for no reason. If you don't like what I'm posting, ignore me like I do to you.

And this is what you take to be an attack?

.... I wish a company made a copper option with heatpipes,  could make a huge difference for overclocking.

Heatpipes aren't something you can do yourself easily, they're not very use friendly to craft. Generally though, there wouldn't be much point making extreme stock heatsinks which add $40 and 400g of weight to everyone elses shipments when their additional capacity is going to be used by very few.

You've raised your ugly head again .....
If you find dealing with heatpipes difficult, leave it to those who don't (both in practice and comments). No one asked you to add these to your homebrews, and unlike you, most people are not penny-pinching skinflints ....

At least you do not distance yourself from bitchie .... you 2 are one and the same .... but like I said, if you find heatpipes difficult, leave it to those that don't. You do not have to throw in your 2 cents into any and everything all the time, mostly with your ignorance.

For starters, my suggestion was a self moded copper heatsink, and I speak WITH experience here as I have a few aluminium slab + copper fins heatsinks that I made myself. The fins were made from split copper tubes and attached to the aluminium using screws and heatpads. Whether it costs more or not, you have no way of telling and therefore are not in a position to add any value to the conversation, thus has nothing to do with you.

Millionaire at 13, went to MIT and left to work in family machine shop programming CNC's and wire EDM's bitchie dogie .....
Jump to: