Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 14. (Read 450938 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
What would be the best way of power cycling the S5 remotely?

I have a unit on site. 40km away. every day now the unit goes offline and when i get to site its has a long beep.
After power cycling then it is fine for a few hours. I have the unit on a 1200va UPS with bigger batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QL43YDE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3LX219ZBBAGWZ&coliid=I1JDJUZE07P00H

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
What would be the best way of power cycling the S5 remotely?

I have a unit on site. 40km away. every day now the unit goes offline and when i get to site its has a long beep.
After power cycling then it is fine for a few hours. I have the unit on a 1200va UPS with bigger batteries.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
My S5 wanna be S7 113 asic....... Shocked Cheesy Huh

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

Thanks.
I'll forward the info/price to my Dad and see if he is interested. What version is on the boards themselves?

V1.7

Sorry, I just noticed the BTC. I rushed viewing the post. I'm basing my value in USD, so that comes to over $180. Do you mean one (1) hashing board or two (2)? I only paid little over $300 for each S5 when they were selling months ago. In you do indeed mean $180 for (1) one hashing board that's way to much. I have a feeling you are including a very expensive shipping method out of the US, right?

Now I'm thinking of maybe selling off my S5's if I can get prices like that. Smiley

Shipping with air mail, 7-9 working days.

This is OK , if it is too expensive for you. I've been selling for the same price S5 blades  to Canada and to the US  even in this month.
It's not my fault that BTC's price rises, and now consider all buyers the price of spare parts with USD. She still mine BTC,  and I can sell the whole miner for 1-1.2 BTC I do not have to sell it in  parts.

My only reason for selling is that I do not have more power Wink
and  Bitmain already sent me 2 xS7 from Batch6 and 2 x S7  from patch 7. I did not expect them so early.

That's ok. Thanks for the offer. I have to value the BTC in accordance with USD value, just as Bitmain does to make most profit. I assume you are doing the same. S5 blases are all over the price and I think i'll dcore one for less the $200 with the controller. Yaaypp.
legendary
Personal text my ass....
One of the weirdest issues. If one hashing board dies out, you'd figure at least the other one will work. All configurations were tried. Different controller, cables, PSU. Ok, so concluded that one hashing board died. Fine. Thought could get the other "good" board hashing, but that won't even hash. Restored image from SD card. Tried different firmwares. The webGUI pages come right up fine but hashing speed just indicates 0. The other "good" board doesn't want to hash either, but indicates all zeroes. The controller was put on another rig and hashed fine. The only thing I could possibly think is this rig got ZAPPED electrically somehow.

After flipping the hash boards.

This is the log, hard to dicypher if you aren't a programmer.

http://pastebin.com/7izjejfX

what firmware version you use for it?
i already detached 2 broken bitmain chipset, but in the webgui still show 30 chips

I've tried Bitmain's April and October firmwares. The October version is when they introduced the fan control. Oddly enough one hashing board died out, then it took a couple of weeks for the other hashing board to die out. The power supply physically tests ok, so the only possible explanation I can think of is dirty electric or an electric outage while my Das wasn't home and zapped that particular unit. It surprises me both boards died. I think a Gremlin got into the electrical system and wanted to take that miner out. Now it boots, webgui responds good but doesn't connect to any pool with the "good" hashing board. I'm still reviewing the logs, but they're really debug logs, and if you don't know the programming it is kind of useless. Good luck with yours.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

i already detached 2 broken bitmain chipset, but in the webgui still show 30 chips

You can't just go removing chips on the S5 otherwise you break the string for both the supply voltage & data. The string will also default to 30 chips if it finds no chips. You can check this in the kernel log at around 35 seconds.

Rich

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Heylo folks,

Looking for a little help. I didn't notice when, but sometime within the past month or so, one of my S5's stopped hashing or would produce minimal hashrate. Today I reset it back to the factory default and it won't hash w/ the default config. On the Status dashboard, it shows 30 asics on one board/chain and 26 asics on the other.

There's nothing visually wrong with it, to my eyes. Can you provide me with some guidance?

Swap PSUs, cables, and/or controllers with other miners, try to isolate the issue. It would be unlikely for both hashboards to go bad although not impossible. Take the plastic guards off and look closely for any physical damage/burns. That's roughly where my knowledge ends Grin, maybe others can help more.

Thanks! I'll let you know what I find.
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..
One of the weirdest issues. If one hashing board dies out, you'd figure at least the other one will work. All configurations were tried. Different controller, cables, PSU. Ok, so concluded that one hashing board died. Fine. Thought could get the other "good" board hashing, but that won't even hash. Restored image from SD card. Tried different firmwares. The webGUI pages come right up fine but hashing speed just indicates 0. The other "good" board doesn't want to hash either, but indicates all zeroes. The controller was put on another rig and hashed fine. The only thing I could possibly think is this rig got ZAPPED electrically somehow.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Thanks.
I'll forward the info/price to my Dad and see if he is interested. What version is on the boards themselves?

V1.7

Sorry, I just noticed the BTC. I rushed viewing the post. I'm basing my value in USD, so that comes to over $180. Do you mean one (1) hashing board or two (2)? I only paid little over $300 for each S5 when they were selling months ago. In you do indeed mean $180 for (1) one hashing board that's way to much. I have a feeling you are including a very expensive shipping method out of the US, right?

Now I'm thinking of maybe selling off my S5's if I can get prices like that. Smiley

Shipping with air mail, 7-9 working days.

This is OK , if it is too expensive for you. I've been selling for the same price S5 blades  to Canada and to the US  even in this month.
It's not my fault that BTC's price rises, and now consider all buyers the price of spare parts with USD. She still mine BTC,  and I can sell the whole miner for 1-1.2 BTC I do not have to sell it in  parts.

My only reason for selling is that I do not have more power Wink
and  Bitmain already sent me 2 xS7 from Batch6 and 2 x S7  from patch 7. I did not expect them so early.

legendary
Personal text my ass....

Thanks.

V1.7

legendary

Thanks.

V1.7
legendary
Personal text my ass....
BTW, if anyone has any S5 hashing boards that DO work please PM me. Trying to help my Dad get his S5 running again. I'll give Colorado a call, but I don't think they sell anything, just support.

0.52 BTC shipped to US
18 pin version Batch 5

Ohne blade from this miner at your choice

Click to enlarge

Thanks.
legendary
BTW, if anyone has any S5 hashing boards that DO work please PM me. Trying to help my Dad get his S5 running again. I'll give Colorado a call, but I don't think they sell anything, just support.

0.52 BTC shipped to US
18 pin version Batch 5

Ohne blade from this miner at your choice

Click to enlarge
legendary
Personal text my ass....
legendary

Use your own Antpool username and not Bitmain default username.

https://www.antpool.com/support.htm
Already tested that, that does not change anything Sad

As a result of testing before my first post

stratum+tcp://solo.antpool.com:25 
 user antminer 
 status Dead

read again
legendary
Personal text my ass....
Any idea how to solve this?

All ASICs seem to be ok, but the miner does not start hashing. I read about reflashing firmware. Where can I find a tutorial to check this?

Very strange. My Dad has an S5 with a bad hashing board and the other one won't hash just like your issue. I did submit a ticket to Bitmain, but I doubt they will send a response back. Once these guys get busy with shipping they tend not to add more help. Remember Janet, Yoshi? I've communicated with them privately back when I was getting my S5's, but haven't seen them on any threads.
Reflashing is easy. Just download their latest firmware from their support website then go to the UPGRADE page and select that file. There is also a re-program, which re-writes the NAND/non-volatile memory from a micro-flash card. You use a utility like Win32diskmanager and write the restore file to the flash card, insert it into the slot on the beaglebone board and boot the miner. Should re-program the miner, will have to configure your settings. Can then re-move the flash card.
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

All ASICs seem to be ok, but the miner does not start hashing. I read about reflashing firmware. Where can I find a tutorial to check this?

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

legendary
Personal text my ass....

http://photopiks.com/minerdashes.png
http://photopiks.com/minerdashes3.png

What happens if you just disconnect the bad board?

Nothing happens. Trying to get the good half hashing but won't. I do think it got zapped.
Pages:
Jump to: