Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 12. (Read 450938 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I have a s5 that decided it would not power the fans anymore. It tries to hash then overheats. I can login to the gui and see everything and it says fan speed 0. Tested fans there good. Tested psu it's good. Factory defaulted the unit and applied latest firmware and still no good. All boards show up just no fan power. Also reconnected all cable to make sure they have good connection.

Any ideas?

Did you try both fan connector? And if they're both dead, thats pretty weird, but your only option then is pretty simple, you're going to need to power the Fans strait off the power supply. You would ideally get a controller so you can control the fan speed. Otherwise they're going to be running full speed at all time. But if thats fine with you...

Will it hash if it doesn't see fan speed?

Oh, i see what you mean. It may have a protection where it will just beep if there is no RPM detected on Fan1. I do not know if there is a hardware or software workaround to override this protection, if it is active on your miner.

But you said it would try to mine and overheat, therefore it is not?
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
I have a s5 that decided it would not power the fans anymore. It tries to hash then overheats. I can login to the gui and see everything and it says fan speed 0. Tested fans there good. Tested psu it's good. Factory defaulted the unit and applied latest firmware and still no good. All boards show up just no fan power. Also reconnected all cable to make sure they have good connection.

Any ideas?

Did you try both fan connector? And if they're both dead, thats pretty weird, but your only option then is pretty simple, you're going to need to power the Fans strait off the power supply. You would ideally get a controller so you can control the fan speed. Otherwise they're going to be running full speed at all time. But if thats fine with you...

Will it hash if it doesn't see fan speed?
legendary

Any ideas?

Activity: 201

Any ideas?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
hi guys happy new year.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
DO NOT BUY from Antminer.

I ordered two miners and got them.  Then the problems. First I had to pay a very high custom tax.
Then, one of the two broke after 3-4 months. Antminer will not fix or substitute it because the warranty was just JUST 3 months, which is UNLAWFUL in most countries, but in Italy for sure where they sold the miner.
I think I am going to sue them.
In any case, unless you have free electricity, you're going to lose money with their miners.

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Isn't EU custom for computers 0%? Are you talking about VAT?

Edit:EU does not have custom for computers, see

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/measures.jsp?Lang=en&Area=&Taric=8471410090

You are most likely talking about VAT. It is totally up to Italy to decide what kind of VAT it has for computers. Bitmain nor any other company can't decide what VAT (propably 22%) Italy has.

EU / definitely in the UK you are right. VAT is the issue not Customs Duty. Here is 20% which is charged on the declared value + the Shipping cost, plus a handling fee.

Rich
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
DO NOT BUY from Antminer.

I ordered two miners and got them.  Then the problems. First I had to pay a very high custom tax.
Then, one of the two broke after 3-4 months. Antminer will not fix or substitute it because the warranty was just JUST 3 months, which is UNLAWFUL in most countries, but in Italy for sure where they sold the miner.
I think I am going to sue them.
In any case, unless you have free electricity, you're going to lose money with their miners.

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Isn't EU custom for computers 0%? Are you talking about VAT?

Edit:EU does not have custom for computers, see

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/measures.jsp?Lang=en&Area=&Taric=8471410090

You are most likely talking about VAT. It is totally up to Italy to decide what kind of VAT it has for computers. Bitmain nor any other company can't decide what VAT (propably 22%) Italy has.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hi! I'm eagerly waiting for my first miner, used S5. I got a bit nervous to read about the problem of s5s, which have burnt themselves up on losing the internet connection when the fans had stopped. Has this issue been resolved?

Load up the latest firmware and you will have no problems.

https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-S5-20150715-fan_ctrl.tar.gz

Rich
Hi! I'm eagerly waiting for my first miner, used S5. I got a bit nervous to read about the problem of s5s, which have burnt themselves up on losing the internet connection when the fans had stopped. Has this issue been resolved?
legendary
Do not buy.

High custom tax (in europe).

Very short warranty (3 months).

Very poor customer care.

Miners may break after a few months.

Couldn't agree more.

They actually pump the invoice more so you pay even higher custom taxes

They don't care about customers at all, all they care is they make profits

The build quality of the miners is awfull, it's a machine worth 100-200$ not 1500 $

Bitmain's support SUCKS big time !!!

I received the S5+ (7.7T SUPPOSEDLY) at the beginning of September and I immediately opened a support ticket (5th of Sep.) because the results I got with the miner were AWFUL !
I was waiting for 10+ days for a single reply, and each time their reply was asking me "did you do this, did you do that" although I explained in details what I've done, so they were obviously just stalling.
This took like 3 months of Q & A , going into circle with the same questions over and over , to finally notice that beginning December they CLOSED the ticket like it's been solved!!! I re-opened the ticket 10 days ago - and guess what - NO reply yet !!!

They didn't offer ANY solution for the whole time !!!
They tried to put the blame on the PSU's, so I bought 3 new 1600w PSU's  !!! For nothing !!!
I'm still getting like more than 70.000 HW errors per day showing 6.5T at the max Angry

THE WORST COMPANY WITH THE WORST SUPPORT !!! *E*V*E*R* ! ! !

Hw's are caused for a lot of reasons's if you were to lower your freq they should reduce.

What is your current freq setting?

To be honest, a new PSU does not make it a good PSU. Are you talking about the ones Bitmain sell? The 240v 1600w server PSU?
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
Do not buy.

Very poor customer care.

Couldn't agree more.

The build quality of the miners is awfull, it's a machine worth 100-200$ not 1500 $

I received the S5+ (7.7T SUPPOSEDLY) at the beginning of September and I immediately opened a support ticket (5th of Sep.) because the results I got with the miner were AWFUL !
I was waiting for 10+ days for a single reply, and each time their reply was asking me "did you do this, did you do that" although I explained in details what I've done, so they were obviously just stalling.
This took like 3 months of Q & A , going into circle with the same questions over and over , to finally notice that beginning December they CLOSED the ticket like it's been solved!!! I re-opened the ticket 10 days ago - and guess what - NO reply yet !!!

They tried to put the blame on the PSU's, so I bought 3 new 1600w PSU's  !!! For nothing !!!
I'm still getting like more than 70.000 HW errors per day showing 6.5T at the max Angry

Hw's are caused for a lot of reasons's if you were to lower your freq they should reduce.

What is your current freq setting?
Activity: 247
O__o
Do not buy.

Very poor customer care.

Couldn't agree more.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
My S5 has a bad board. If anyone here has a board for sale I'd be interested. PM me.

I have a few. It all depends on your location and how much you're willing to pay.
If you think that I am dealing with charity then do not contact.

My last  S5 buyer wrote:

Hi ,
if i don't wrong, the s5 uses 28nm technology and 0,5W/GHs (about 600W)
With your price the ROI is high!

This is my purpose : 0,5 BTC included PSU.
I'll buy the shipping.
Thanx.
Bye.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
My S5 has a bad board. If anyone here has a board for sale I'd be interested. PM me.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I am looking for a script that will restart the miner ever 12hours or when the miner drops hash rate for a certain period.
Lately the miner goes into a long beep and can only be recovered or accessible after a cold boot.

Digital programmable LCD timer
http://www.technology-hydro-culture.com/en/programmer-lighting-system-timer-programer/55-digital-lcd-timer-programmable-multi-shot.html
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
I am looking for a script that will restart the miner ever 12hours or when the miner drops hash rate for a certain period.
Lately the miner goes into a long beep and can only be recovered or accessible after a cold boot.

the s5 doesnt have crontab so you would have to make a repeating script.
here is an idea
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12995192

but a restart is not a cold boot..

you want something like this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QL43YDE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3LX219ZBBAGWZ&coliid=I1JDJUZE07P00H

it has a built in timer function so you can reboot every 12 hours or whatever you set.
Activity: 224
https://eloncity.io
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Do not buy.

Very poor customer care.

Couldn't agree more.

This a thread about the S5 not the S7.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Do not buy.

Very poor customer care.

Couldn't agree more.

Pages:
Jump to: