Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 9. (Read 450930 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I have several s5 antminer with a problem

if you turn off and on, they reset to factory alone.

other with harware version 0.0.0.0 and 0 hashrate

and other with only 1 hashboard mining... the other hashboard is off...
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Use this one. This is the setup I use because it has a variable dc output which helps in HW errors and overclocking just don't go past 13vdc. or if you do its your own fault don't blame me for it.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&productId=694911&catalogId=10001&CID=GOOG&gclid=CJ_bztjlwsoCFQEoHwodF6wD0g

You Can Get the wires here... this is the same place I got them you will need 3 sets they come 4 or more.

http://www.gigampz.com/store/p7/6-Pin_PCIe_to_Bare_Wire_Cable,_24_Inches_(4-pack).html

just wire yellow to V+ and black to V- on the PSU and that's it. then wire the AC power cord to the input of PSU "makes sure its correct there is color codes for every country.

I use the RSP-1500-12 for the S7 and the RSP-750-12 on the S5 and I like the variable output dc option really helps.

thank you phil for putting me on to these they work great.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
My seasonic X-850 decided to melt the wires on my s5.. this is actually the 2nd time its done this.. :/

im really not a fan of modular power supplies Sad

(removed pics to save space)
i put an old corsair non modular 750 on it for now..

thankfully all it did was shut off.. the psu still works.. i guess ill throw it in my server and let it have an easy life till it dies..

if bitmain would have used 8 pin plugs instead of 6 pin plugs i dont think it would have had this issue

When used properly, it is actually hard to wreck one of these power supplies. They have a great 5 year warranty and I wish more electronics were built like these.

And I would not say all modular are bad I have some "high" quality modular, which really seasonic should be.  But I like it allows me to plug in cables I need and others I leave in the box no need to have mess of cables hanging around.

But in all reality server PSU's have taken over on a lot of mining.   I'm not sure when I will need another PSU again but likely will be server when I do.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
My seasonic X-850 decided to melt the wires on my s5.. this is actually the 2nd time its done this.. :/

thankfully all it did was shut off.. the psu still works.. i guess ill throw it in my server and let it have an easy life till it dies..

if bitmain would have used 8 pin plugs instead of 6 pin plugs i dont think it would have had this issue

When used properly, it is actually hard to wreck one of these power supplies. They have a great 5 year warranty and I wish more electronics were built like these.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
yeah 1 wire per.. perhaps the s5 is using more power then it should, but the first time the wire melted it was on a s3, at that time i was using 1 wire per blade.

If you plugged 6 there should not be any problem, even low quality connectors should be fine, since 125 watts per is not much. Maybe the unit does not have over volt protection. *Shrug*

yeah who knows.. its a seasonic.. supposed to be one of the top of the line power supplies..

anyway, i put it in my webserver thats running the ip camera network.
it has an easy life now.. it only has to power 1 hard drive and an old amd x2 cpu that is 45w..

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
yeah 1 wire per.. perhaps the s5 is using more power then it should, but the first time the wire melted it was on a s3, at that time i was using 1 wire per blade.

If you plugged 6 there should not be any problem, even low quality connectors should be fine, since 125 watts per is not much. Maybe the unit does not have over volt protection. *Shrug*
legendary

Never had this happen to me with any EVGA PSU. Maybe the connectors or the gauge is too smalls. Are you using 1 cable per each 4 socket? I really dont see how this would happen unless that unit is faulty.

I'm not saying that this happened here, but I will say that in general, people need to check their connections.
When you go through connecting cables, slow down and really make sure they are inserted.
Some folks slap 'em in and they don't make great contact.
Do it twice if you need too, but do it slow.
(That's what she said Smiley)

it could be but this psu has been plugged into this s5 pretty much untouched since april.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
I'm not saying that this happened here, but I will say that in general, people need to check their connections.
When you go through connecting cables, slow down and really make sure they are inserted.
Some folks slap 'em in and they don't make great contact.
Do it twice if you need too, but do it slow.
(That's what she said Smiley)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Never had this happen to me with any EVGA PSU. Maybe the connectors or the gauge is too smalls. Are you using 1 cable per each 4 socket? I really dont see how this would happen unless that unit is faulty.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Anyone here tried to hook up two of the stock S5 fans in series so they run at 6V instead of 12V to reduce noise?

Just wondering if it will start at 6V or do I need to wire a potentoresistor.

take a old 120mm x 38mm fan "thickness" rip it out without breaking the frame and mount it between the S5 intake fan and the antminer drops the noise 12db and the fan can be run at Full RPM if you like.

you can do the same thing to the exhaust fan as well that's what I did. here is a pic its an old one Before I Bought my S7. look at the lower one on the left.

Interesting. Looks like a candidate for 3d printing. Anyone know if there's an STL out there already?

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
You got the temps in the printscreens in the second link. Water was from the mains.... Water input was very cold and out still cold!

Fan from c1 works on s5, top rpm is lower, noise is also lower. About the variation in speed dunno. Maybe i do not understand your question

This was a test only for a client who wanted to see the miner working overclocked
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
With the controller in that position, yes! Otherwise you need the longer cables that J4bbrwock is selling
If the old c1 is dead, cables can be used for c2. But it will need a bit of work rearranging the pins and cutting the ends....

What temps are your S5 running at? That fan in the front of the C1, will it work properly on the S5 blades instead or will it run at full speed?

With the controller in that position, yes! Otherwise you need the longer cables that J4bbrwock is selling
If the old c1 is dead, cables can be used for c2. But it will need a bit of work rearranging the pins and cutting the ends....
legendary
CoinPoker.com
What i have to do sometimes for my clients! Grin

Double s5 on c1 cooling/case, call it c2!

City water/mains water cooled! actually shower water Smiley)

Pics speak for themselves!

http://imgur.com/a/hvtSD

http://imgur.com/a/glZjN

Grin

Will the data cables reach and everything?
What i have to do sometimes for my clients! Grin

Double s5 on c1 cooling/case, call it c2!

City water/mains water cooled! actually shower water Smiley)

Pics speak for themselves!

http://imgur.com/a/hvtSD

http://imgur.com/a/glZjN

Grin
legendary
CoinPoker.com
I don't have a spare fan but I put two of the stock S5 in series and they power on and run at 6V perfectly and the temps are good.

Much quieter and most likely the same temp and noise as those expensive Noctua / Silverstone fans.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Anyone here tried to hook up two of the stock S5 fans in series so they run at 6V instead of 12V to reduce noise?

take a old 120mm x 38mm fan "thickness" rip it out without breaking the frame and mount it between the S5 intake fan and the antminer drops the noise 12db and the fan can be run at Full RPM if you like.

you can do the same thing to the exhaust fan as well that's what I did. here is a pic its an old one Before I Bought my S7. look at the lower one on the left.

legendary

with the newest firmware you can run the fans at a certain %.. although i use the nicehash firmware smit made.. it has a newer cgminer and it seems more stable.

you could use a fan controller..

on my s5s i use this fan as an exhaust fan, with the stock fan as intake.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FKNAG7Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1K8810E2OVSNX&coliid=I17YRW7XFX0N4R

legendary
I mine in kano.is. My Antminer S5 seems to drop other board with  DDOSes and needs a reboot to get that board back online. Is it normal for Antminer S5?

what version firmware you have? also what power supply.
Pages:
Jump to: