Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 13. (Read 450938 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 253
Do not buy.

High custom tax (in europe).

Very short warranty (3 months).

Very poor customer care.

Miners may break after a few months.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Thanks NotListed but here is it now..

I got missing "oooooo".

I dont know what exactly is wrong. Sad

http://s11.postimg.org/q0dvnui77/12369640_10205757599919105_179984709_o.jpg

I did some reboot but still the same.

Thanks

sorry for bumping but.. could someone please check on this? :peace:

When one of your chain isn't getting an High temp, it normally means something is wrong with it.

Check the Log, you might have an insight.

Also I don't see that you tried 2 links I put..... just said you had 000.  Try those links they are good general things for blade trouble.   Don't skip them.

Also what is your PSU your using to power it? Please specifics model and watts.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

I got missing "oooooo".

Thanks

When one of your chain isn't getting an High temp, it normally means something is wrong with it.

Check the Log, you might have an insight.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

I got missing "oooooo".

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

... First I had to pay a very high custom tax....

You can sue your Italian Government, that they tax you import with VAT.
How is this  Bitmain fault ?

DO NOT BUY from Antminer.

... Antminer will not fix or substitute it because the warranty was just JUST 3 months, which is UNLAWFUL in most countries, but in Italy for sure where they sold the miner.

You are buying miners from  the seller in China, with seller Chinese terms of the warranty.
They do not sell it in EU. You exported the miner to the EU territory.  Therefore, you can not  require from seller a longer warranty.

I think I am going to sue them.

I think, this is the stupidest thing I've read here today.

EDIT:  I found  more you wise sentences

It's true, bitcoin is dead.
Sell all your coins.
Nothing is going to change.

I also plan to have 2000 women next year... let's see if me wanted that makes it happen...
legendary

I ordered two miners and got them.  Then the problems. First I had to pay a very high custom tax.
Then, one of the two broke after 3-4 months. Antminer will not fix or substitute it because the warranty was just JUST 3 months, which is UNLAWFUL in most countries, but in Italy for sure where they sold the miner.
In any case, unless you have free electricity, you're going to lose money with their miners.

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Mining is not For Dummies.  You're a good example for this.

Please, justify your assertion. If you're not able to do so, you have just qualified yourself.
In any case, I won't be bothering to furtherly answering your comments, as you clearly don't deserve my attention.

Your point is extremist, I have many Bitmain hardware and they are pretty much very solid machine. I own S1, S3, S4 and S7. I bought a broken S5 for the fun of it. You may have a bad experience with the S5 has many others but still ... your assessment is wrong

The S5 might be the worst product of Bitmain but it doesn't make them a bad company.

As for the high custom ... this is your responsibility to check that before you buy. If you have any complains about it, it's not Bitmain's fault.

EDIT: Maybe a simple ROi calculation would have provide you with the answers you needed before you buy the miners

I ordered two miners and got them.  Then the problems. First I had to pay a very high custom tax.
Then, one of the two broke after 3-4 months. Antminer will not fix or substitute it because the warranty was just JUST 3 months, which is UNLAWFUL in most countries, but in Italy for sure where they sold the miner.
In any case, unless you have free electricity, you're going to lose money with their miners.

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Mining is not For Dummies.  You're a good example for this.

Please, justify your assertion. If you're not able to do so, you have just qualified yourself.
In any case, I won't be bothering to furtherly answering your comments, as you clearly don't deserve my attention.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

I ordered two miners and got them.  Then the problems. First I had to pay a very high custom tax.

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Mining is not For Dummies.   You're a good example for this.

I ordered two miners and got them.  Then the problems. First I had to pay a very high custom tax.

Best regards,
ilpirata79
legendary
I tried to plug the daughter board on my second non-working board ... looks like a short since the PSU won't start and the cable become hot.

Anyone has debugged such issue ? Where to look for the short ?

Thanks
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
My S5 wanna be S7 113 asic....... Shocked Cheesy Huh

so much wrong with that pic. #3 fan is out, asic count is off, temp sensor no go. I would check that the boards did not shift around in unit. check them to make sure they are tight fitting and not loose, and double check that fan wires are attached. I had one show up that must have been tossed around a bit, cards were loose and results looked similar to yours until I discovered problem and re-seated them. POS power supplies also create issues like that.

edit:  i quoted wrong pic..lol

edit: im not even trouble shooting the right equipment...doh thought it was S7  ...going back to bed

I got missing "oooooo".

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hi please help. WHat could be the problem on this machine?

Thanks!

First thing is take a look at these two bitmain help items:

PCBs: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204875015-How-to-diagnose-S5-hashing-PCB
Hashing at 600: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S

Hopefully between the two that will help.  If not tell us more about power and PSU.
Hi please help. WHat could be the problem on this machine?

http://s29.postimg.org/848xeul6v/111111.jpg

Thanks!
legendary

If you want to just replace U101 then the part to look for is  RT8537 - Current mode Boost-type LED driver

However not sure how easy they are to find?

Rich

Hey Rich, I was looking at my faulty S5 boards and i got one with the four first ASIC going X after a short time while the other doesn't hash but all ooo

I saw that on both blade the U101 is have seems to be overheated ... i might try to replace them for the fun of it. Did you find a place to get those buck ?

thanks

Herb

Found it https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s5-blade-step-down-voltage-chip-help-need-it-1196459
legendary
Anyone can confirm me the voltage send to the daughter board from the hashing board for an S5 ?

I'm pretty sure it 12 volt but i'm not home to check it.

Thanks

Yes voltage sent from the hash Board to the Controller Board on the 4 Pin connector is 12V

Rich

Thanks men !
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Anyone can confirm me the voltage send to the daughter board from the hashing board for an S5 ?

Thanks

Yes voltage sent from the hash Board to the Controller Board on the 4 Pin connector is 12V

Rich
legendary

Thanks
Activity: 11
Heylo folks,

Looking for a little help. I didn't notice when, but sometime within the past month or so, one of my S5's stopped hashing or would produce minimal hashrate. Today I reset it back to the factory default and it won't hash w/ the default config. On the Status dashboard, it shows 30 asics on one board/chain and 26 asics on the other.

There's nothing visually wrong with it, to my eyes. Can you provide me with some guidance?

Swap PSUs, cables, and/or controllers with other miners, try to isolate the issue. It would be unlikely for both hashboards to go bad although not impossible. Take the plastic guards off and look closely for any physical damage/burns. That's roughly where my knowledge ends Grin, maybe others can help more.

Thanks! I'll let you know what I find.

First I discovered that the fan would work for about 2 minutes then just shut off. I replaced the fan w/ 2 corsairs I saw recommended elsewhere on this site, cleaned and reapplied thermal paste, and ran it again to find that one board is just toast. Looking at the board, I can see that a few of the asic chips have melted and seeped through the holes in the PCB.

Would anyone have a working replacement board for sale?
Edit: Or a suggestion as to where I could purchase one. I've googled for replacement parts and have looked on ebay already.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
Thanks. Looks like a very interesting device. I shall see if they have other models for ZA's type of socket design.
Pages:
Jump to: