Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 232. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Ok I am lost... anyone have any ideas?

I ordered 30 of these... but they have 4 black wires. The connector has no markings... I have no data sheet. I have no clue which goes to the S5 Red White Black Blue.  Huh

http://www.overclock.net/t/922274/delta-fanatics-club/190#post_12978470

Any thoughts?

Strato

You need to convert to 4Pin with PWM small Molex from the pinout on this diagram:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7553/16253719491_d9ca7d6e87_z.jpg http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/38565i2A39104FC80C9401?v=mpbl-1
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

I ordered 30 of these... but they have 4 black wires. The connector has no markings... I have no data sheet. I have no clue which goes to the S5 Red White Black Blue.  Huh

Any thoughts?

Strato
The link in the overclockers thread (that you gave) has a link to the datasheet (didn't test it), and an explanation of the wiring .... or did I miss something?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

I ordered 30 of these... but they have 4 black wires. The connector has no markings... I have no data sheet. I have no clue which goes to the S5 Red White Black Blue.  Huh

Any thoughts?

Strato
legendary
Ordered a S5, paid it, batch 4 which should be sent out on January 12. Price paid: 401 USD.
Now advertised on the Bitmain-site: S5, batch 4, should be sent out 12/1: 358 USD.
So basically, by paying early, I get ripped off by Bitmaintech of 43 US$?

Nice move. Really nice move.
In case you haven't noticed, stores (of all kinds, everywhere) change the price of their products constantly. Why should Bitmain be any different? When did they make any price guarantees?

Is this so? Never noticed this before, thanks for mentioning it.

Amazon is one store that changes their prices... daily. I just bought something x 10 from there yesterday and today the price dropped by US$6.34... that's US$63.4..... Was rather pissed. Should have waited. But then, there was once I waited and the price went up... grrrrrrr~

If that happens and it's a large enough amount to make a fuss - just email support and they will credit the difference. If they don't just order the item again... issue a return for the item you already have, then return the item that comes in (new one) as the old (more expensive one).

I bought an item that dropped $500 between order and 2 day prime delivery.  Did that.

Strato

I had an item in cart at Amazon. Price went up before I bought by quite a bit. I chatted with support and they told me to buy it and then they would change the price when I gave them the order number and before it was charged. I did and they changed the price to the lower price right after I placed the order. Just have to make a bit of a fuss if the amount is large enough. The support girl told me that Amazon has dynamic pricing and prices can change literally minute to minute but often hour to hour.

Yet it's a bit of a pain, and you're right prices to change really fast.

The big surprise for me was two weeks ago I was a Best Buy, and I needed to buy a 128 GB SDHC memory card.  I pulled out my iPhone, use my Amazon App, Scanned the BarCode, and the price difference was over $100.  ($59 vs $159).

Now what I heard, was that Best Buy was now honoring price matching with Amazon... 

However I come to find out, and this went all the way up to the store manager, that they would not price match the item, and in their fine print there's a loophole that basically says if the price being compared to is part of a discount membership club program (like Costco), their price match policy doesn't apply.

I tried to explain the manager that Amazon prime doesn't give the buyer better prices just free shipping. 

However he was either completely oblivious to how Amazon prime works, or has been told to tell customers that in fact prime membership customers received huge discounts on the products and that if I could show him the same item on Amazon .Com without a Prime logo next to it, that would be the only way they would honor the price.

Very annoying as I needed the card but was at that point so pissed I told them to take a hike.

Brick and Mortar's big box retailers - their days are numbered.

Amazon's drones will be buzzing soon. 

Strato
legendary
Hey everyone,

So Bitmain was very cool about issuing me coupons for the 24 AntMiners that I purchased off of Amazon before the price drop.  I haven't decided if I'm going to use them all, or perhaps just a few…  Still need to get a number of our first delivery up and running.

So that said, I may be interested in either trading or selling a bunch of the coupons -the coupons are good through February 4, and our valued at $45.00.  Just a heads up, you can only use one coupon per S5.

Shoot me a private message if there is any interest in working out a deal on some of these.

Cheers!  Grin

Strato
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Ordered a S5, paid it, batch 4 which should be sent out on January 12. Price paid: 401 USD.
Now advertised on the Bitmain-site: S5, batch 4, should be sent out 12/1: 358 USD.

In case you haven't noticed, stores (of all kinds, everywhere) change the price of their products constantly. Why should Bitmain be any different? When did they make any price guarantees?

Amazon is one store that changes their prices... daily. I just bought something x 10 from there yesterday and today the price dropped by US$6.34... that's US$63.4..... Was rather pissed. Should have waited. But then, there was once I waited and the price went up... grrrrrrr~

If that happens and it's a large enough amount to make a fuss - just email support and they will credit the difference. If they don't just order the item again... issue a return for the item you already have, then return the item that comes in (new one) as the old (more expensive one).

I bought an item that dropped $500 between order and 2 day prime delivery.  Did that.

Strato

I had an item in cart at Amazon. Price went up before I bought by quite a bit. I chatted with support and they told me to buy it and then they would change the price when I gave them the order number and before it was charged. I did and they changed the price to the lower price right after I placed the order. Just have to make a bit of a fuss if the amount is large enough. The support girl told me that Amazon has dynamic pricing and prices can change literally minute to minute but often hour to hour.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
Is it ok/safe to run a single unit using 3 cables that have double 6 pins?  8 pin to dual 6 pin.

I was hoping I could run 1 dedicated cable to each blade, then use the 3rd cable and split it between both blades.

The Corsair CM850 only comes with 3 cables.

Thoughts?

Strato

Should work fine as your still using a single rail PSU. 
legendary

I bought an item that dropped $500 between order and 2 day prime delivery.  Did that.

Strato
legendary
Is it ok/safe to run a single unit using 3 cables that have double 6 pins?  8 pin to dual 6 pin.

I was hoping I could run 1 dedicated cable to each blade, then use the 3rd cable and split it between both blades.

The Corsair CM850 only comes with 3 cables.

Thoughts?

Strato
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
What kind of thermal compound is used during S5 assembling? I have Arctic MX-4 and AlSil-3 and I want to try to replace thermal interface and see what it will lead to...

To make water-cooled S5 I used MX-2 http://www.arctic.ac/eu_en
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
BTW, is anyone able to compare the noise to an S4 please? I have an S4 and had to find another location for it. I had my neighbour knocking on my door asking what the hell the noise was and saying that he could not sleep with it (we both are in separate houses and his bedroom is about 50 meters away from my house). I have seen reports of the S4 between 70 and 90 db but not sure how accurate they were. It would be great if someone could do a test using the same metering device at the same distances for testing both.

Almost identical to the S4.

Which metering device did you use?
What where the values?

Dogie did not respond to you. If dogie have some Sound Level Meter, then you have already read it from dogies review.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
As long as it is non-conductive version, it will work!!

Also, PM sent,  Wink

Thank you

What kind of thermal compound is used during S5 assembling? I have Arctic MX-4 and AlSil-3 and I want to try to replace thermal interface and see what it will lead to...
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
@philipma1957

Please check your Bitmain Account for the updated coupon counts!!   Grin

Are there any s-5 coupons? I saw something about s-5 coupons can't find it now.

Yes their are S5 coupons for customers who bought early … Bitmain trying to draw in repeat customers after being burned by bitmain lowering the price . Bitmain needs to come up with a different way to reward past customers because the coupons are becoming more of an insult if anything .

I used a few coupons on the s-3's .

I gave a quite few away.

I sold a couple  of s-3 coupons very cheaply.

I would not mind someone tossing 2x  s-5 coupons at my bitmaintech   account .  

my name there  is philipma1957
legendary
Activity: 1456
I have been looking at miner link on the S5.   I could use a little help if possible.

Looking at it is the UID is your Bitmain email on account?

Also on Server Addr what should it be set to?

Thanks for any help.

Its not quite ready yet, more info will appear here once its ready.

Thank you very much for info.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
If you find any combination of things that help with either/both noise and reported temp, please let us know.  I've ordered a couple S5 and plan to try S3 fans and homemade covers.  My environment gets very warm in summer.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10095261

Now it's about 10 hours S5 is running with replaced fan, and it's almost silent (especially comparing with stock fan). Temps are 76 and 72 C, but HWE is about 0.0196%.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I keep reading that these machines run warmer.  What is acceptable?  I currently have my miners in my basement and one of the windows is cracked down there.  Temp is around 67 degrees.  Since nobody spends time down there it's not an issue. 

<65 much preferred, <60s are good.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I have been looking at miner link on the S5.   I could use a little help if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Its not quite ready yet, more info will appear here once its ready.
legendary
Activity: 1456

Thanks for any help.

I see the UID is email registered.

Any help on Server Addr? 

My miner link will not turn on I'm sure I'm doing it wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
The test unit also seems to cut out at 9.45V @ 200MHz even if I start at a higher voltage, and 9.75V @ 250MHz.

If anyone else has had any luck starting these at 10V or under I'd be interested in hearing it.

Interesting. How did you decide to use those frequency numbers? I would imagine that at a lower voltage it may be necessary to reduce the frequency at a lower rate.

I just made a matrix with frequency in 12.5Mhz steps and voltage in 0.5v steps, and measured voltage, current and hash rate.

can you dial down volts as the gear is running?

if you can try start at  freq 150 using  10.5 volts and dial down to 9.75 then 9.5 then 9.25 then 9 
Mine didn't get down to 9v even at 100
Jump to: