Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 234. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Wasn't aware of that Westhash status page but now have it up.  I went through my S3s installing cgminer 4.7.0 aprox two weeks ago and yet the status page shows all red crosses.  I'm running the Tues Aug 26 firmware release in each (original S3+ version) and just used PuTTY to recheck cgminer version ("cgminer-api version") and each reports 4.7.0.  Any idea what the problem might be?

PS. Each S3 has had configuration modifications since then as well as having been rebooted, but normally the cgminer install isn't affected by that.
Did you append #xnsub at the end of your miner host configuration entry?
TrevorS it should look like this:
Code:
stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3334#xnsub
Well, I'll be damned!  Thanks very much kind sirs! SmileySmileySmiley
I see no apparent difference in behavior/performance.  So, am I right in suspecting the only difference is a green check vs a red cross?  Does using cgminer 4.7.0 solve the performance problem, whereas the #xnsub suffix merely provides visual acknowledgement?  Just a question!
The #xsub enables the extranonoce.subscribe subscription. That cgminer version from their website was compiled with this feature. The green check is there to indicate you have this feature enabled. I loaded it on my S3's and and enabled them, very little rejects. This is also supposed to help when they switch from using your miner or not (there is a blurb on the site about this). I no longer have my S3's or I would provide a screen shot. Are you getting a significant amount of rejects?

EDIT: you could try setting up a proxy server as well. Here is the link to all of their S/W and the proxy https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cgminer. I hope this sheds some light.
A difficult question. Since installing the 4.7.0 cgminer from NiceHash, I haven't observed a significant number of rejects, mostly the count has been zero. Likewise the current count since adding the suffix. I don't mean to question either Westhash or current participants, just trying to evaluate my current return. This stuff tends to be obtuse!  I'm currently inclined to think whatever difference there is is associated with the change of miner, not the Configuration parameter.
legendary
Merit: 1000
Do you have a Canadian reseller with known stock?
Great price,  but importing one will kill me
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Wasn't aware of that Westhash status page but now have it up.  I went through my S3s installing cgminer 4.7.0 aprox two weeks ago and yet the status page shows all red crosses.  I'm running the Tues Aug 26 firmware release in each (original S3+ version) and just used PuTTY to recheck cgminer version ("cgminer-api version") and each reports 4.7.0.  Any idea what the problem might be?

PS. Each S3 has had configuration modifications since then as well as having been rebooted, but normally the cgminer install isn't affected by that.
Code:
I see no apparent difference in behavior/performance.  So, am I right in suspecting the only difference is a green check vs a red cross?  Does using cgminer 4.7.0 solve the performance problem, whereas the #xnsub suffix merely provides visual acknowledgement?  Just a question!
The #xsub enables the extranonoce.subscribe subscription. That cgminer version from their website was compiled with this feature. The green check is there to indicate you have this feature enabled. I loaded it on my S3's and and enabled them, very little rejects. This is also supposed to help when they switch from using your miner or not (there is a blurb on the site about this). I no longer have my S3's or I would provide a screen shot. Are you getting a significant amount of rejects?

EDIT: you could try setting up a proxy server as well. Here is the link to all of their S/W and the proxy https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#cgminer. I hope this sheds some light.

Code:
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
Well they arrived today! Now we've got some work to do.

host images

Strato

Congrats!

This got me salivating...reminds me of sushi rolls.  Birdie Num Num! Grin

Code:
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Yes, I wonder what the new firmware will fix.
After running over night, I notice a large increase in rejects from my pool, Westhash. Any idea what if anything can be done?

Rejects are the red tips. You can see where I turned on the S5 and then later decommissioned the S3s.

Did you load your S3s with the cgminer 4.7/extranonoce.subscribe patch found on their website? If you did then that explains why the reject rate was almost nonexistent with those units. Without the patch (indicated with the green check on your Westhash status page) your miner will have a higher reject rate. I do not see a patch for the S5 units yet.

Code:
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
After running over night, I notice a large increase in rejects from my pool, Westhash. Any idea what if anything can be done?

Rejects are the red tips. You can see where I turned on the S5 and then later decommissioned the S3s.

Did you load your S3s with the cgminer 4.7/extranonoce.subscribe patch found on their website? If you did then that explains why the reject rate was almost nonexistent with those units. Without the patch (indicated with the green check on your Westhash status page) your miner will have a higher reject rate. I do not see a patch for the S5 units yet.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
So, the unit I have that I'm having issues with seems to just lock up. cgminer is still running as the elapsed time, local works and discarded keep going up.
I'm not near the unit to verify if it is actually hot or if the temp sensors are reporting incorrectly, but if they are reporting correctly it would appear that the unit is still at least dissipating a normal amount of heat. It's just not submitting any shares.

Restarting cgminer fixes the problem.

Known bug currently, sorry about that. Soft (usually) or hard reboots will clear it. In terms of frequency, I had this happen once in the first 24 hours, and then never again.
When they do lock up like that, are they chips still doing work? The temps reported were the same as when the unit is under full load, so it would seem that it is unless the temp values stop reporting at that point as well.
The old Gen1 Avalon minis would do that as well. I could deal with a miner crashing and going down, but those stupid things would crash and sit there burning 600W until they were power cycled. They're the reason all my gear is on networked PDUs now. Tongue

Note: After the cgminer restart the unit ran for 40 minutes and then crashed again.

Tongue Crashed again, ran for an hour but down for the last 40 minutes. I flashed to 0107, we'll see if that helps.

In my case, no. Only one module stopped mining during the freeze [can see on pool], but both temperatures + RPMs had frozen on the dashboard.

What PSU are you on? This is the first generation where 12V load balancing [12.3V under load or 11.6V etc] so would be good to know for information's sake.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Tongue Crashed again, ran for an hour but down for the last 40 minutes. I flashed to 0107, we'll see if that helps.
legendary
So, the unit I have that I'm having issues with seems to just lock up. cgminer is still running as the elapsed time, local works and discarded keep going up.
I'm not near the unit to verify if it is actually hot or if the temp sensors are reporting incorrectly, but if they are reporting correctly it would appear that the unit is still at least dissipating a normal amount of heat. It's just not submitting any shares.

Known bug currently, sorry about that. Soft (usually) or hard reboots will clear it. In terms of frequency, I had this happen once in the first 24 hours, and then never again.
When they do lock up like that, are they chips still doing work? The temps reported were the same as when the unit is under full load, so it would seem that it is unless the temp values stop reporting at that point as well.
The old Gen1 Avalon minis would do that as well. I could deal with a miner crashing and going down, but those stupid things would crash and sit there burning 600W until they were power cycled. They're the reason all my gear is on networked PDUs now. Tongue

Note: After the cgminer restart the unit ran for 40 minutes and then crashed again.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
For comparison, I've measured my 2 S5's downclocked to 312.5M (about 1,030Gh/s each, temp. 73) on a single 1,500w titanium power supply with 230v and it's using about 1,064 watts (with 2 extra fans, would make it about 1,060 watts without them) at the wall (increase about 2% for 120v = about 542 watts each).  Compared to a S3 downclocked to 206.25M at 0725 voltage (about 405Gh/s, temp. 39) on a 750w platinum power supply with 120v using about 316w and my C1 at default speed with 0725 voltage on a 1200w gold power supply on 120v using about 835 watts (770 watts at the power supply with 7 fans and 1 pump) getting about 1,005Gh/s.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I've got a sick blade it seems:

Changed the PSU, checked the cables, rebooted, flashed the unit but still this. Sad

When you say rebooted, does that include hard reboots? If so, you can try getting it to wake up with a frequency change and another hard reboot. If still nothing then PM BitmainWarranty to arrange an RMA. Be sure to link to your post describing the issues, what type and how many miners you wish to have repaired/replaced and your bitmaintech.com order number.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500

Does anyone know if the S3 version will work with the S5?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I've got a sick blade it seems:

Changed the PSU, checked the cables, rebooted, flashed the unit but still this. Sad
legendary

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Well they arrived today! Now we've got some work to do.

host images

Strato

Awesome  Tongue
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Could someone please update me on the safest over clocking potential?
If you have a cold air source, or can handle a lot of noise, 412.5MHz seems to be about the limit before hashrate starts nose-diving. Board temperature around 65C doesn't seem to be the problem. Peaks out around 1.32-1.35TH, and at 425MHz is down to 1.25TH

Catch it  Grin I am looking through posts to find this for a buyer's reference. Thank you klondike_bar Wink
Jump to: