Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 236. (Read 451048 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I would suggest that the first thing to do is by hearing protectors. Wink

Haha, well we have the replacement fans ready to install. And these will be in a server room kept nice and chilly.

which replacement fans did you choose to use? I would appreciate a link if you have it. Thanks.

I bought the Delta AFB1212SHE units in bulk. Also have the Noctura Fans but will test and send back if the Deltas cut it.

Strato

Re deltas-it wasn't that deal phil was talking about? because if it was, these fans (I bought a lot of 5) have some weird connector which does not seem to readily fit the 4 male pins on the miner.
Did you try these fans already?
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
@Ilan123, I put 2 delta fans on and it is rather quite now, running at 54-56c with an RPM at 2880 for both fans when I last looked. I don't have the P/N with me right now though. My SP20's are about 70db and the S5 about 60db with the new fans. It was louder than my other units before the change but I did not take a reading. Others have the stock db level from the S5 units here though. I will get particulars later like ambient room temp and the P/N for the fans later today.
Fan: Delta AFC1212DE, 12vdc, 1.6A, 3900 RPM, 192.96CFM, 51 dBA, 120mm x120mm x 38mm or equivalent. These came out of some old Dell desktops, Dell P/N: Y4574. Right now room temp 26.1C, blades at 57-55 with the fans at 3K and 3120.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Haha, well we have the replacement fans ready to install. And these will be in a server room kept nice and chilly.

We will be selling off some of our B7 / B8 S3+ units to free up some PSUs.

Perfect condition, housed in Server Room at 64 F (approx) Hepa Air Handler. Clean and Like New.

I apologize if this is off topic but if there is any interest just shoot me a PM.

Strato

That reminds me, when I changed the fans on my S5's, I noticed these were "tested" in some very dirty conditions, the fans and heat sinks were covered in soot.

Thats pretty crazy. Ive seen S3+ units for sale on ebay that are literally filled with dust.

Our server room is sealed, double door, positive pressure, Hepa Filtered, and chilly. Our servers and miners literally look new even after months. Its not a "pharma" grade dustless environment, but its pretty damn clean.

Strato

I got mine new yesterday and that's how they were new.  Might keep that in mind when your filters start getting dirty fast in there.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

Perfect condition, housed in Server Room at 64 F (approx) Hepa Air Handler. Clean and Like New.

I apologize if this is off topic but if there is any interest just shoot me a PM.

Strato

That reminds me, when I changed the fans on my S5's, I noticed these were "tested" in some very dirty conditions, the fans and heat sinks were covered in soot.

Thats pretty crazy. Ive seen S3+ units for sale on ebay that are literally filled with dust.

Our server room is sealed, double door, positive pressure, Hepa Filtered, and chilly. Our servers and miners literally look new even after months. Its not a "pharma" grade dustless environment, but its pretty damn clean.

Strato
Well they arrived today! Now we've got some work to do.

>snip images<

24 is NOT a typical bitcoin number (21, 42, etc is)  Grin

It is for the S5 and a EVGA 1300 G2 though.. Yes, hearing protection is advised.

Im planning on running 2 per 1300 EVGA using the wiring diagram Philip posted in his review thread. Will there be any issues running 2 per 1300?

I also have a handful of 1000w and 850w PSUs

Do you think the Corsair 1200xi Platinum could power two of these?  Expensive PSU, but I have 6 of them.

Strato

I've got an ax1500i running my two, don't know about the 1200 though, it might but you'd be at its limit if so, the 1300 should be OK, but your nearing max. with 2 S5's, test by keeping watch for a couple days.  You can always down clock them a little like I did if the 1200 can't handle it.  I downed mine to 312.5M due to heat.  The 1000 P2 is a great one for a C1 or 2 S3+'s.
legendary

which replacement fans did you choose to use? I would appreciate a link if you have it. Thanks.

I bought the Delta AFB1212SHE units in bulk. Also have the Noctura Fans but will test and send back if the Deltas cut it.

Strato

Strato

legendary

I am running 2 S5 on one EVGA 1300, all wires are either cool or slightly worm (connectors also no more than 45C-with a laser probe). However, I used a different scheme (two doubles on one miner with each double on one board and 4 singles on another). I chose this configuration because using doubles on one board was how I run S3 on CX750M for many months with nary any problem.
legendary

>snip images<

24 is NOT a typical bitcoin number (21, 42, etc is)  Grin

It is for the S5 and a EVGA 1300 G2 though.. Yes, hearing protection is advised.

Im planning on running 2 per 1300 EVGA using the wiring diagram Philip posted in his review thread. Will there be any issues running 2 per 1300?

I also have a handful of 1000w and 850w PSUs

Do you think the Corsair 1200xi Platinum could power two of these?  Expensive PSU, but I have 6 of them.

Strato
legendary

Strato

>snip images<

legendary

>snip images<

Is 24 Bad Bitcoin Luck? Wink

Strato
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
legendary

>snip images<

legendary

host images

Strato
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Everyone whining about coupon ... I have 1 for 40usd....

2 hours to sell it or i order it for myself....
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Bitcoin Miner is a very time sensitive item and UPS requires a telephone number to ship the package, so when there is any issue arise during the delivery time such as the driver can't find your house or the business, they can call you and ask you what to do or how to find you to deliver the box.
Just tried to order two with BTC to the US.  Couldn't!  Appears to require I enter a mobile phone number, something I neither have nor need/want.  What is this shit?
International shipping requires that there be a contact number that the recipient be available if there is an issue during shipping.  You should not need a mobile number specifically.  Just enter you home or business number in all the phone fields.  I regularly have things delivered to the US with out issue with a mobile or home/business number.
Thanks guys!  I actually emailed Bitmain back when I hit the problem, and it was straightened out.  Although the input field is specifically labeled "mobile phone number", it's OK to enter a land line number.

Have you tried closing in the top so the front fan air flow is kept within the frame and exhausted out the rear? Also, how about reducing the airflow above the heat sinks (reducing the upper front fan opening) so as to improve cooling efficiency (greater air flow through the internal heat sinks)?

Beyond that, how about an S3 fan both on front (push) and rear (pull)?
None of these seemed to make any significant difference. The loudness and temperature seems almost entirely dependent on the one fan on the front.
Damn... I was planning to do this (close the top of S5 case to provide more directed airflow) with my test unit that arrived much later than to other forum members...

But I still have a couple ideas on how to play with S5.  Roll Eyes Can't wait to get it in my hands (it's not depends on me unfortunately......).
If you find any combination of things that help with either/both noise and reported temp, please let us know.  I've ordered a couple S5 and plan to try S3 fans and homemade covers.  My environment gets very warm in summer.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
How to upgrade firmware on s5? Which file should be uploaded to s5? Must you have a memory card to upgrade? Would be grateful if someone could explain.  Smiley
Manual page 8/9. https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/AntMiner-S5%20user%20guide.pdf
Are their any recovery SD images like the ones SP provides that would allow you to recover your BBB in the event you can't communicate with it or it gets damaged and you need to replace it?
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
How to upgrade firmware on s5? Which file should be uploaded to s5? Must you have a memory card to upgrade? Would be grateful if someone could explain.  Smiley
Manual page 8/9. https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/AntMiner-S5%20user%20guide.pdf
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Jump to: