Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 228. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
Interested in 2-4 coupons if anyone is looking to unload some.  PM me with offers.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Is there a way to have the miner not hash during certain times of the day?
At the simplest idea of mine, was to hook up one of those AC timers that kills the power during certain times and then restores it at others.

Thats a very noble way and most effective.
You could also write a script that kills cgminer (and cgminer monitor) during your chosen downtime but ensure it is started during your chosen uptime. (don't ask me how to do it 'cause I do not know AND you've already got a good solution!)

Great idea!  Could go even farther and use different frequencies at different times.  It's colder at night would be nice to have night freq, and day freq.
Activity: 518
At the simplest idea of mine, was to hook up one of those AC timers that kills the power during certain times and then restores it at others.

Thats a very noble way and most effective.
You could also write a script that kills cgminer (and cgminer monitor) during your chosen downtime but ensure it is started during your chosen uptime. (don't ask me how to do it 'cause I do not know AND you've already got a good solution!)
Activity: 672
thats very barbaric method.
you can control cgminer remotely making it to stop/start by script via network.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Coupons are issued based on many factors under a set of internal rules.

factor may effect the coupon price:

Date of Payment
Payment Method
Bulk Purchase/Retail Purchase
Shipping Carriers/Method
Order Date
Actual Price Paid
previous purchase history
and many more

ALSO: BITMIAN HOLDS THE RIGHTS TO DECIDE WHAT THE COUPON VALUE IS.  BITMAIN's DECISION TO ISSUE COUPON IS FINAL.  COPONS HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE.

Have a number of $45 BitMain S5 Coupons and (7) $30 S5 Coupons left.

PM me if interested!

Strato

Funny, I just emailed Yoshi as to why the variance in coupons.  Strange to me that those who took the chance on batch 1, are least rewarded.
Activity: 518

PM me if interested!

Strato

Funny, I just emailed Yoshi as to why the variance in coupons.  Strange to me that those who took the chance on batch 1, are least rewarded.
I think the S5 coupons were issued, in the first instance, to the people who ordered from the batch just prior to the 15% reduction, which reduction was posted on the bitmain site before the shipping of that prior batch .... sounds convoluted but should make sense.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

PM me if interested!

Strato

legendary
Activity: 1204
Wondering why I have not received tracking on batch 4 yet?  Anybody get tracking yet, they were to ship out on the 12th.
You can go to UPS and track by reference using your order number. Mine is on the way, just no emails from Bitmain and no update of status on their website.

ok thank you Phosphorous

EDIT: Found it! I just needed to change the delivery as being home to sign for it is hard and I rather have it sent to my local UPS store so I can just stop and pick it up.
Activity: 556
Wondering why I have not received tracking on batch 4 yet?  Anybody get tracking yet, they were to ship out on the 12th.
You can go to UPS and track by reference using your order number. Mine is on the way, just no emails from Bitmain and no update of status on their website.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Wondering why I have not received tracking on batch 4 yet?  Anybody get tracking yet, they were to ship out on the 12th.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

PM me if interested!

Strato
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Based on their previous lines, the even units have always been underclocked. Maybe you'll see an S6 with a 16-17 chip string instead of a 14 chip string, lowering the voltage to get better efficiency.

S5 had 15 chip per board.( 7+8)+(7+8)=30
Sorry, 30. But the chain is 15*.

Same principle applies though. More chips for lower voltages and better efficiency.

*Voltage chain, that is. The chip chain is 30 per board.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Based on their previous lines, the even units have always been underclocked. Maybe you'll see an S6 with a 16-17 chip string instead of a 14 chip string, lowering the voltage to get better efficiency.

S5 had 15 chip per board.( 7+8)+(7+8)=30
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
has anyone tried these fans on the s5 im just worried about the noise? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213001

Yes, the noise.
I was hoping someone could tell me is this is normal for a stock S5. I have two running, same clock speed, same location, same intake through an open window.
The fan on the second one is screaming (I mean SCREAMING) at 3960 RPM. Should I be worried?

S512    1d 3h 58m 44s   1099.92   1197.12   0   0.0014%   0                1,024   UUU   0.4554   0   3240    3240 0 0 0   49   49 47
KoolKit   0d 11h 39m 32s   1327.7   1192.95   0   0%           22,737,601   989   UUU   0.3851   0   3960    3960 0 0 0   55   55 48

are you sure the highlighted one is working, seems 0 submitted shares is quite low, and temp is way lower on that one too...

The numbers are copied from M's Miner Monitor and show blocks, not submitted shares. It is hashing nicely on GHASH.IO. Both the CGminer panel and M's are showing 0% HWE. Also the temps on the highlighted one are 55 & 48 -- one board hotter than the other. Frequency is set to 362.5 on both units.

I might try the Delta fans folks are talking about on this thread, but I wonder if there's a problem with the speed control signal and whether it would be any different with a new fan.
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Issue will be the BTC Price of the "S6" .. it'll be like 7-8BTC or so wont it? seeing from history with the S3 vs S4 Price.

...and in 3-4TH range performance-wise ...I'd guess ... Grin
Activity: 248
Are we there yet?

Now.. that I will buy.... My home office is now clutter free with S4 and I plan to keep it that way. LOL.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Activity: 457
Issue will be the BTC Price of the "S6" .. it'll be like 7-8BTC or so wont it? seeing from history with the S3 vs S4 Price.
ZiG
Activity: 406
Jump to: