Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 79. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
This is really annoying. im on my second power supply. this power supply is 1600w titanium supernova from evga. all blades are directly plugged into the power supply. none are being powered by the second plug on a cord. they are all 1:1 (one plug/one connector. they both drop in hashrate by half intermittently (one of the blades drop in temp during this time to 35c). ive tried the latest firmware. one of the blades is running 12c hotter than the other. i thought since this was the 5th batch that I wouldnt have so many problems. guess i was dreaming.

edit: the blades be so far apart in temps is a cooling issue i think. put a box fan in front of it and now they are only 3c apart in temps

When you say 12 degrees hotter what temp is it getting? Is it 12 above 35 IE 47?

If it is 47 that is not a bad temp on S5's.  They do tend to run hot.   As far as 12 difference It could be a bad temp sensor, airflow, hard to say.  But main thing is you have one accurate one to stop it if it get's to hot which it sounds like you do.  The hotter one if it's around 50 instead of 37 I would guess is the one closer to right on temp.

One blad would be 55 and the other would be 67....

Ohh ouch that is not what I was expecting.   Did you just get this miner or have you been mining a little bit?

If just got it you might put in ticket with bitmain support about it and see what they say.  With it being 67 I think they might give you opportunity to redo thermal paste on the higher blade. (I would ask them first as I'm assuming it's under warranty and don't want you to possibly lose that).
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
This is really annoying. im on my second power supply. this power supply is 1600w titanium supernova from evga. all blades are directly plugged into the power supply. none are being powered by the second plug on a cord. they are all 1:1 (one plug/one connector. they both drop in hashrate by half intermittently (one of the blades drop in temp during this time to 35c). ive tried the latest firmware. one of the blades is running 12c hotter than the other. i thought since this was the 5th batch that I wouldnt have so many problems. guess i was dreaming.

edit: the blades be so far apart in temps is a cooling issue i think. put a box fan in front of it and now they are only 3c apart in temps

When you say 12 degrees hotter what temp is it getting? Is it 12 above 35 IE 47?

If it is 47 that is not a bad temp on S5's.  They do tend to run hot.   As far as 12 difference It could be a bad temp sensor, airflow, hard to say.  But main thing is you have one accurate one to stop it if it get's to hot which it sounds like you do.  The hotter one if it's around 50 instead of 37 I would guess is the one closer to right on temp.

One blad would be 55 and the other would be 67....
legendary

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Related to my post about the new miner being different from the older one, even though they are from the same batch. Here's the comparison of the heatsink on the old one (left) and the new one (right):
As a result the new one is always 3-5°C cooler than the old one.

where you bought the radiator?
Periodically drops Hashing Speed. It helps to restart. Details in the image. How to cure this problem?

Sorry, off topic. where are you getting these graphs from? i installed the nicehash firmware by smit and dont see the graphs eveyone was talking about..

http://192.168.137.132/cgi-bin/graph.rrd
Activity: 484
Merit: 251
new miner, my chains are 11 degrees apart in temp.

any solution to this? my other s5 is only 3-4 degrees apart.
very same thing happened to me: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-this-normal-s5-board-temperatures-difference-1063402 (i removed the pictures but right now my miner is running at 53/45 - nearly winter in southern hemisphere + air conditioned room)
found no solution to it
i also had ~12c difference but i switched the side covers place with each other + put it over something with no hole. if u are placing it on something with holes under it to "let it breath" is actually worse. i put it over the foam that comes with the box to protect it so it doesnt shake a little bit the table. after doing these two things i now have avg temp diff ~9c.

mine is also new model with heatsink. brand new 1300 g2 powering only one miner
i will eventually put another fan in it to help with the noise + temperature i think. might eventually repaste thermal paste too
Periodically drops Hashing Speed. It helps to restart. Details in the image. How to cure this problem?

Sorry, off topic. where are you getting these graphs from? i installed the nicehash firmware by smit and dont see the graphs eveyone was talking about..
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Related to my post about the new miner being different from the older one, even though they are from the same batch. Here's the comparison of the heatsink on the old one (left) and the new one (right):

http://www.pohrani.com/f/3K/Hp/4tjdLvqY/18.jpg

As a result the new one is always 3-5°C cooler than the old one.
Russian forum is actively discussing -https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/topic/8695-antminer-s1-s2-s3-s3-s4-s5-c1-voprosy-pomosch-obsuzhdenie/page-364. Here, the minimum advice.
legendary
If the blade is falling, the temperature decreases rapidly. Tried different frequencies, the result is similar.

If blade if failing chances are these are first two things support will recommenced to try:

PCB diagnose - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204875015-How-to-diagnose-S5-hashing-PCB

Hashing at 1/2 - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
hello
it is possible to change the clock automatically?

i will love have my ant working at 300mhz between 08:00AM to 23:00PM and 400mhz or more between 23:00PM to 08:00AM

I've just finished up a commandline windows app that you can use with a batch file and task scheduler to do this - basically just give it the URL for the S5 and the speed you want it to be set to, and it will apply the change.  I'm thinking about making it so you can easily script switching around what pools you use, etc - if there is any interest.  PM me if you'd like to test it out, it's been working fine for me but it's by no means extensively tested...
If the blade is falling, the temperature decreases rapidly. Tried different frequencies, the result is similar.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Looking at the chart of temperature, it is evident that there are two blades.

Yes it is showing two blades.  But does one quit mining?  Why I'm asking is seeing if it's one blade stopping mining or who system slowing down or even stopping.

Do you have any pictures of status page ON the S5 when it happens?

if his blade was dropping it would get cold.

the graph isnt showing that..

he is overclocking it tho.. maybe its just not up to being stable at that speed.
legendary

Yes it is showing two blades.  But does one quit mining?  Why I'm asking is seeing if it's one blade stopping mining or who system slowing down or even stopping.

Do you have any pictures of status page ON the S5 when it happens?

legendary

When it drops is one blade mining and other stops?  Or what is happening on the unit during?

legendary
I'm trying to be patient, and it is wearing thin.  My miner was sent in for service, and received on the 18th of May.  I contacted them on the 19th and didn't hear back until the 20th.  After they confirmed they had my miner, they told me that parts were low and I would be receiving a replacement miner from China. 

Well it's been 9 days, and nothing.  Two days ago I was told they were having some hard time with communications with China and they will get me a tracking number as soon as they here something.  Up until now, I have not had any problems with Bitmain, but this one is really difficult.  CAN I PLEASE GET A TRACKING NUMBER?

Mr. Cygnus,

Please be Patient with them. China right now is being what most technical users would call as colossal asshole, as they are poised to go to war with the Americas.

Bitmain will get you a new device sure I am sure of it.

- Evan

I'm trying

Which team are you working with?  Is it the China or US support you started working with?

Both are normally  very good.  If you are in US or China you might even try calling their support lines if really having trouble.   I don't think 9 day's is horrible if you sent in a part for it to get there and them to look at it will take a bit depending on country you sent from and to.   They will need to look at that one first then they will send out another on or fixed depending on situation. 

I would guess you should be hearing from them next week as it's a weekend now.  But if you don't you might try the phone as I mentioned.
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
I'm trying to be patient, and it is wearing thin.  My miner was sent in for service, and received on the 18th of May.  I contacted them on the 19th and didn't hear back until the 20th.  After they confirmed they had my miner, they told me that parts were low and I would be receiving a replacement miner from China. 

Well it's been 9 days, and nothing.  Two days ago I was told they were having some hard time with communications with China and they will get me a tracking number as soon as they here something.  Up until now, I have not had any problems with Bitmain, but this one is really difficult.  CAN I PLEASE GET A TRACKING NUMBER?

Mr. Cygnus,

Please be Patient with them. China right now is being what most technical users would call as colossal asshole, as they are poised to go to war with the Americas.

Bitmain will get you a new device sure I am sure of it.

- Evan

I'm trying
Pages:
Jump to: