Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 81. (Read 451039 times)

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Wow these heatsinks are awesome! at least some update on the S5  Grin

They do look very nice.  I'm curious someone with new heatsink can you post your normal temps?  Does it seem to keep it under the 50C mark consistently?

Thanks to anyone who does it!

I have one, the change is negligible compared to the other S5s.

I'd guess that the approach with the greater aluminum mass and surface area is more effective but more expensive.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Would someone be kind enough to post firmware install instructions for the S5 firmware for Nice/Westhash? I found some instructions but they left a few details out for the true noobs like me to be able to do it. I was able to follow the S3 instructions, but the S5 seems to be more complicated. I even need it to include how to FTP the new source to the S5 since for some reason I can't seem to FTP to it with Filezilla.

You load it just like a official firmware.  You upload it from PC, and it will install from there.

Make sure you don't lose power or other things that can be bad during a firmware install.
legendary
new miner, my chains are 11 degrees apart in temp.

any solution to this? my other s5 is only 3-4 degrees apart.

think this might be my power supply cutting power. the other one just did the same thing after I moved cables around. gonna lower the frequency settings see if it helps stabilize it. my outlet is telling me i was using 1207 watts with both at the stock 350m. good thing i have a 1600w psu on the way

What brand/model is your new PSU?   It's not so much the watts in some cases but the quality of the PSU.

Sadly cheap PSU's can cause problems.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
Would someone be kind enough to post firmware install instructions for the S5 firmware for Nice/Westhash? I found some instructions but they left a few details out for the true noobs like me to be able to do it. I was able to follow the S3 instructions, but the S5 seems to be more complicated. I even need it to include how to FTP the new source to the S5 since for some reason I can't seem to FTP to it with Filezilla.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100

think this might be my power supply cutting power. the other one just did the same thing after I moved cables around. gonna lower the frequency settings see if it helps stabilize it. my outlet is telling me i was using 1207 watts with both at the stock 350m. good thing i have a 1600w psu on the way
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Im trying to disable the beeper ringing option buy it keeps setting back to on. Anyone know the solution to this? I have the miners in an office and can't have these things going off like crazy if the internet goes down.

Im thinking about just ripping the beeper of the mobo...

the only solution is to carefully take the top board off (its not screwed on or anything, it just unplugs), and put some tape (i used electrical tape) and put it over the speaker.

even if you uncheck the box, they still beep when they lose internet.
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
Im trying to disable the beeper ringing option buy it keeps setting back to on. Anyone know the solution to this? I have the miners in an office and can't have these things going off like crazy if the internet goes down.

Im thinking about just ripping the beeper of the mobo...

the solution is to not worry about it..

im going to worry about it because this s5 keeps dropping its hashrate. its at 570 gh/s right now...

i updated the firmware. still doing it. and now the chain that showed 51c before (chain2) is showing 30c temp.
legendary

the solution is to not worry about it..

Activity: 224
hello
it is possible to change the clock automatically?

i will love have my ant working at 300mhz between 08:00AM to 23:00PM and 400mhz or more between 23:00PM to 08:00AM

I don't know that something like that is possible on the antminers. 

Works great on my SP20s tho. Sad
dec
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
hello

i will love have my ant working at 300mhz between 08:00AM to 23:00PM and 400mhz or more between 23:00PM to 08:00AM

+1

or/and

IF temp>=55C for period of T=x min, downclock for one step
and
IF temp<55C for period T=x min, overclock for one step
for example  Wink
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
hello

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
Has anyone used NiceHashe's custom firmware for the S5s? I know it runs a newer version of cgminer that the latest Bitmain one. Wonder if there are any advantages/GUI updates with the nicehash one.

Also what  they typical HW error rate or these? Im getting .1% on one and .003% on the other. Even though they are both really low one still produces almost a 1000x extra hardware errors.
I run the Nicehash FW with Westhash for both my S3 and S5 and the result is clearly superior -- I presume it's due to extranonce support!

Whats your reject rate? Im constantly getting around 5% for both my S5s, and im running the Bitmain 4.8 CGminer version that has extranonce support. (just at NiceHash BTW rejects on other pools is < 1%).  
There seems to be a general assumption that extranonce is supported by the latest CGminer.  Is it so difficult to understand that there's no support for that assumption?  The CGminer version is either designed to accept that spec or it isn't!  If you plan on targeting your miners at either Nice or WestHash, then I suggest you install a version of CGminer that supports their specified (no secret) communication protocol.  Surely, that shouldn't be rocket science!  Wake up people, smell the roses!
Activity: 224
Has anyone used NiceHashe's custom firmware for the S5s? I know it runs a newer version of cgminer that the latest Bitmain one. Wonder if there are any advantages/GUI updates with the nicehash one.

Also what  they typical HW error rate or these? Im getting .1% on one and .003% on the other. Even though they are both really low one still produces almost a 1000x extra hardware errors.
I run the Nicehash FW with Westhash for both my S3 and S5 and the result is clearly superior -- I presume it's due to extranonce support!

Whats your reject rate? Im constantly getting around 5% for both my S5s, and im running the Bitmain 4.8 CGminer version that has extranonce support. (just at NiceHash BTW rejects on other pools is < 1%). 

Using Smit's, my reject rate was around 1% on average.  It'd spike from time to time, but setting right back down to below 1%.
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400

legendary

Also what  they typical HW error rate or these? Im getting .1% on one and .003% on the other. Even though they are both really low one still produces almost a 1000x extra hardware errors.

It is due to that.  Thanks to Smit we have that option on a lot of Bitmain gear.  If you are going to mine long term on nicehash/westhash it really will make a difference on speed which leads to higher pay.

So for those pools it's a great tool.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

Also what  they typical HW error rate or these? Im getting .1% on one and .003% on the other. Even though they are both really low one still produces almost a 1000x extra hardware errors.
legendary

Indeed!  I'm glad to see Bitmain trying to cool off and improve the S5.  Thank you Bitmain.

I would also be curious see some real world temp difference, reported in the GUI and with a laser thermometer (rather than some guesses).

Thank you Vorta for watching and making the post, which great pics no less.

actually this looks like 1st gen ones where they used the s3 heatsinks instead of the newer specific to s5 heatsinks..

only bitmain tho can tell us for sure.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners

They do look very nice.  I'm curious someone with new heatsink can you post your normal temps?  Does it seem to keep it under the 50C mark consistently?

Thanks to anyone who does it!

I have one, the change is negligible compared to the other S5s.
Pages:
Jump to: