Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 105. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
is https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator a good place to calculate ROI? i keep messing with this thing and still cant find ROI.....everytime i do it im in the hole $700+ after 200+ days. these things need to be cheaper. and with the reliability issues of late, i think im better off just buying a bunch of btc and seeing if it increases in value over those 200 days...when stuff lasts 2 weeks and burns up or fails..... that means it is total crap!

I'm curious...  Does your electricity rate per kWh need to be cheaper?
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
not mine, my friend's s7, not b8 though .. for your viewing pleasure :

Some people get all the fun.

Looks like the fire started in the hashing chip area, then moved on up the board. Interesting, was this person using a normal power supply or one of those monster rail concepts that power a lot of miners off a common bus?

If so one should ensure that they have an appropriately rated fuse on each tap that goes to a miner, because those power planes are probably only designed for a max input current of 100a or so (1,200 watts). A single power supply would crowbar. Or run the risk of burning your mine down, things happen.

How does the other side of the board look?
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
just a standard s7 no oc nothing powered with server psu.

not mine my friend's s7, sad to see though.

Had that been running very long when it happened?  
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Damn... Was his unit overclocked at all?
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

That is REALLY ff'd up sir.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
not mine, my friend's s7, not b8 though .. for your viewing pleasure :

did that start from the board or the pcie cables?

WOW!  How in the world did that happen? 
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Also I have a question for the last thread page.  You guys say keep fans at 50% in case of disconnect,etc.  I'm at 33%, 57-60c temps.  I'm guessing that is very safe.  How can the miner work "harder", or hotter if the internet disconnects ?  manual fan settings, my guess is temps wont change by a single degree.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Yeah.  Pretty sure b8 is final batch variation.  So batch numbers will simply = shipping time, as before.  Made me wonder, just now, why all the batch variations until batch 8.  I think I know why, call it a hunch.  See all that hashrate going up ?  difficulty going up like crazy ?  Bitmain is responsible for a sizeable part of that, but the fact is that they were in a RUSH to sell these s7's, and they needed to ship them out asap.  each week that passed by was loss of money, as the other players were bringing lots of hash power online.  Plus halving.  Idk, my2cents.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
My batch 9 arrived today, had to pay UPS about $30 upon delivery.

My first S7, but I notice some differences from the other S7 pictures.  The controller board on top only has 3 connector ports for the 3 blades, there are no other ports to connect cables to.  Also, the PCI-e power connector on the board is upright and not to the side.  Also, only 2 fan ports on the controller board.  Is this different from the batch 8s?

B9 is B8 with a later shipping date.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

My first S7, but I notice some differences from the other S7 pictures.  The controller board on top only has 3 connector ports for the 3 blades, there are no other ports to connect cables to.  Also, the PCI-e power connector on the board is upright and not to the side.  Also, only 2 fan ports on the controller board.  Is this different from the batch 8s?

You probably got a B8, B9 are not scheduled to ship until the 20th. B8 and 9 are similar in design, 3 data ports and 2 fan ports.

Might be the same, but I ordered a B9 before the price drop, then received an e-mail that my S7 would ship early (04 Jan. instead of 20 Jan.) due to the price decrease.  So it's supposed to be a B9.  Hopefully they are the same if it's a B8.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

You probably got a B8, B9 are not scheduled to ship until the 20th. B8 and 9 are similar in design, 3 data ports and 2 fan ports.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Here is a previous shipment of 9 x S7's with the Duty Class Code Number: 8523.51.00 Semiconductor media: Solid-state non-volatile storage devices....................... No............. Free  Which see:

Here is a copy of the bill from UPS on that shipment of 9 x S7's with the classification of 8523.51.00.  Notice there was no "Duty Amount" because it was FREE on this shipment.

The whole damn thing just pisses me off.  I think someone in customs that day saw "BITCOIN MINER" and was like, "What the hell is that?"  I'll just label it under "Other" and charge 2.6%.

You can bet your ass I'm disputing this with customs.

I just got a bill from UPS for the first time also. Mine was classified as 8487.90.0080. Do you have a link to the Duty Class manual? Have you contacted UPS yet? It appears that UPS reps are randomly classifying the miners and imposing a duty.

now "other" seems to be 3.9%. Why is this not a computer or computer part? Not sure about silicon storage device-even that is better.

I quick call to UPS solved the issue, they just wanted to make sure what type of device it is. I told them that it is a data processing machine which does nothing but data processing. I received an email that the fee will be credited to my account in 6-8 weeks.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
is https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator a good place to calculate ROI? i keep messing with this thing and still cant find ROI.....everytime i do it im in the hole $700+ after 200+ days. these things need to be cheaper. and with the reliability issues of late, i think im better off just buying a bunch of btc and seeing if it increases in value over those 200 days...when stuff lasts 2 weeks and burns up or fails..... that means it is total crap!
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Here is a previous shipment of 9 x S7's with the Duty Class Code Number: 8523.51.00 Semiconductor media: Solid-state non-volatile storage devices....................... No............. Free  Which see:

Here is a copy of the bill from UPS on that shipment of 9 x S7's with the classification of 8523.51.00.  Notice there was no "Duty Amount" because it was FREE on this shipment.

The whole damn thing just pisses me off.  I think someone in customs that day saw "BITCOIN MINER" and was like, "What the hell is that?"  I'll just label it under "Other" and charge 2.6%.

I just got a bill from UPS for the first time also. Mine was classified as 8487.90.0080. Do you have a link to the Duty Class manual? Have you contacted UPS yet? It appears that UPS reps are randomly classifying the miners and imposing a duty.

now "other" seems to be 3.9% fee. Why is this not a computer or computer part? Not sure about silicon storage device-even that is better.
Honestly, this is what Bitmain should be doing (providing a valid tariff code to customs)
Spondoolies was providing HS code to customs last year: 8471-7000 (I checked and it appears to correspond to Storage units without further classification).
8523.51.00 seems to be essentially the same as SPT code above, so either should be good as they describe the same thing.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
the code should be 8471410090

Only in EU  8471 41 00 90
Activity: 798
the code should be 8471410090

https://i.imgur.com/7vqvaCC.jpg

Here is the code number and what it represents:

This time they want to charge me 2.6% under classification 8543.70.9650:

https://i.imgur.com/7NLKpye.jpg

Which see:

https://i.imgur.com/IbJ5xZI.png

Activity: 798
I always said that Chinese stuff is the most poor in the world

Better than Italian Bitcoin miners though.
+

in Italy the miners can be counted on one hand

but not to compare the china, and its products with Italy because it is as if comparisons
gold, with straw
Jump to: