Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 104. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
^mine can push past 725Mhz without much issue. 750-800Mhz is the likely max for overclocking

What do you hash at 725?

This is GREAT information!  What is the hashrate and HW, temp, fan speed?

intake air is 0C (outdoors air), fans are at 18%, board temps are 64-71C (if it is -5C outside, board temps also drop about 5-8C)
725Mhz = 4.867TH, 0.0104% HWerrors (30hr sample)

I had it up as high as 737MHz breifly when it was -10C outside for around 4.95TH @ 0.025% errors
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
carve with dremel (with steel brush, NOT stone), almost 500 micron then i found a bm1385 core chip for best thermal conductivity.

Jesus... You are truly hardcore!  Smiley Insane.
Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
carve with dremel (with steel brush, NOT stone), almost 500 micron then i found a bm1385 core chip for best thermal conductivity.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
^mine can push past 725Mhz without much issue. 750-800Mhz is the likely max for overclocking

What do you hash at 725?

This is GREAT information!  What is the hashrate and HW, temp, fan speed?
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Found Lost beach - quiet now

What do you hash at 725?
legendary
Activity: 1596

And you see an increase in hashrate, without increasing voltage to the chips? You must have a really good one.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
For B8/B9 of the S7's Bitmain included fewer chips so to get the claimed 4.86TH/s the units are already overclocked.
legendary
Mine for a Bit
im really not a fan of the glued on heat sinks..

this is the main reason i didnt get one of these.. probably wont even pick one up 2nd hand..

Yea, looks like that might be why that one burned up. heat sink probably fell off one of the chips.
it would be awesome if they secured the heatsinsks like the PC motherboard manufacturers do (pic below).

then again....most motherboards have to work for 3 years (3 year warranties) these have to work for 3 months...

Has anyone had any experience with overclocking the Batch 8?  What are the results of anyones testing as of yet?  It has few chips, higher wattage, higher frequency...is it overclocked already?
Activity: 120
Merit: 100

this is the main reason i didnt get one of these.. probably wont even pick one up 2nd hand..

Yea, looks like that might be why that one burned up. heat sink probably fell off one of the chips.
it would be awesome if they secured the heatsinsks like the PC motherboard manufacturers do (pic below).

then again....most motherboards have to work for 3 years (3 year warranties) these have to work for 3 months...
legendary
Activity: 1736

legendary
Mine for a Bit

I just installed a couple of the S7 B8.  They are running 4.653 and 4.752TH/s.  This just does not seem to be as good as my B1, B3, B5, and B7s at 4.800-5.000TH/s.  They did cost me $200-$400 less, but the hashrate just seems low in comparison.
legendary
Activity: 1456
not mine, my friend's s7, not b8 though .. for your viewing pleasure :

I only see 2 PCIe connectors in it was the person running with 2 by chance?  Or just was able to get one out and they ran with 3?

But I hope they are in warranty that is a ugly one.  I think me and everyone would love to hear exactly what happened.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
you are probably talking about S7 hypothetically, but I don't see it being a good large scale investment by summer, although with low electricity cost, who knows. I am pretty sure we will have at least 0.1-0.15J/Gh machines by then (S9?)
One thing is clear: unless speed of diff rises significantly decreases, buying btc directly would be more productive with zero overhang and maintenance cost.

Also, must consider a mass sell off of S7 come block halving.  Who knows how cheap they will be.  Those in low power cost areas may find the price attractive [Depending on what the price is].  Yes, we may very well see new gear at 0.1 to 0.15 J/GH by then.  Yet, we may not.  May not see new gear available to home miners until 4th quarter 2016.  No one knows the price of bitcoin by then nor the difficulty.  I have my thoughts of what they will be.  I'm simply seeing how it plays out and make decisions as they arise while the block halving gets closer.  I'm going to have at least 90 to 100 x S7's before block halving for sure.  Then, based on difficulty, price of bitcoin, price of S7's and price of possible new gear; I will make my decision on what to do with present gear I have; the move; etc...

EDIT:  Bottom line... It's all speculation...
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
is https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator a good place to calculate ROI? i keep messing with this thing and still cant find ROI.....everytime i do it im in the hole $700+ after 200+ days. these things need to be cheaper. and with the reliability issues of late, i think im better off just buying a bunch of btc and seeing if it increases in value over those 200 days...when stuff lasts 2 weeks and burns up or fails..... that means it is total crap!

I'm curious...  Does your electricity rate per kWh need to be cheaper?

5.9 cents a KW. which is low for most of the USA....

And you can't see ROI?

Can you not see future price of bitcoin going up considerably just before the block halving?

Of course, I have plans on moving soon to an area with $0.0285 to $0.0325 per kWh.  That's the main reason I'm loading up on rigs.  However, I'm not moving until I have 200+ S7's.  It could be end of July [After block halving] or it could be the last quarter of 2016.  It depends on how certain things play out as to the timing of my move.

you are probably talking about S7 hypothetically, but I don't see it being a good large scale investment by summer, although with low electricity cost, who knows. I am pretty sure we will have at least 0.1-0.15J/Gh machines by then (S9?)
One thing is clear: unless speed of diff rises significantly decreases, buying btc directly would be more productive with zero overhang and maintenance cost.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
is https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator a good place to calculate ROI? i keep messing with this thing and still cant find ROI.....everytime i do it im in the hole $700+ after 200+ days. these things need to be cheaper. and with the reliability issues of late, i think im better off just buying a bunch of btc and seeing if it increases in value over those 200 days...when stuff lasts 2 weeks and burns up or fails..... that means it is total crap!

I'm curious...  Does your electricity rate per kWh need to be cheaper?

And you can't see ROI?

Can you not see future price of bitcoin going up considerably just before the block halving?

Of course, I have plans on moving soon to an area with $0.0285 to $0.0325 per kWh.  That's the main reason I'm loading up on rigs.  However, I'm not moving until I have 200+ S7's.  It could be end of July [After block halving] or it could be the last quarter of 2016.  It depends on how certain things play out as to the timing of my move.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100

I'm curious...  Does your electricity rate per kWh need to be cheaper?

Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Here is a previous shipment of 9 x S7's with the Duty Class Code Number: 8523.51.00 Semiconductor media: Solid-state non-volatile storage devices....................... No............. Free  Which see:

Here is a copy of the bill from UPS on that shipment of 9 x S7's with the classification of 8523.51.00.  Notice there was no "Duty Amount" because it was FREE on this shipment.

The whole damn thing just pisses me off.  I think someone in customs that day saw "BITCOIN MINER" and was like, "What the hell is that?"  I'll just label it under "Other" and charge 2.6%.

You can bet your ass I'm disputing this with customs.

I just got a bill from UPS for the first time also. Mine was classified as 8487.90.0080. Do you have a link to the Duty Class manual? Have you contacted UPS yet? It appears that UPS reps are randomly classifying the miners and imposing a duty.

now "other" seems to be 3.9%. Why is this not a computer or computer part? Not sure about silicon storage device-even that is better.

I quick call to UPS solved the issue, they just wanted to make sure what type of device it is. I told them that it is a data processing machine which does nothing but data processing. I received an email that the fee will be credited to my account in 6-8 weeks.

Hell, they are making me go through a lot of red tape.  I had to send them a lot of information with photos and specifications of the rigs.  You must not have owed much at all.  Mine bill was almost $900 total for 23 rigs.  They have it on hold as far as me owing anything but it's possible I may get a bill 6 to 8 months from now with the same bill.  So, I have to sweat it for a while.

My bill was for 1, only $67 @ 3.9%.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Here is a previous shipment of 9 x S7's with the Duty Class Code Number: 8523.51.00 Semiconductor media: Solid-state non-volatile storage devices....................... No............. Free  Which see:

Here is a copy of the bill from UPS on that shipment of 9 x S7's with the classification of 8523.51.00.  Notice there was no "Duty Amount" because it was FREE on this shipment.

The whole damn thing just pisses me off.  I think someone in customs that day saw "BITCOIN MINER" and was like, "What the hell is that?"  I'll just label it under "Other" and charge 2.6%.

You can bet your ass I'm disputing this with customs.

I just got a bill from UPS for the first time also. Mine was classified as 8487.90.0080. Do you have a link to the Duty Class manual? Have you contacted UPS yet? It appears that UPS reps are randomly classifying the miners and imposing a duty.

now "other" seems to be 3.9%. Why is this not a computer or computer part? Not sure about silicon storage device-even that is better.

I quick call to UPS solved the issue, they just wanted to make sure what type of device it is. I told them that it is a data processing machine which does nothing but data processing. I received an email that the fee will be credited to my account in 6-8 weeks.

Hell, they are making me go through a lot of red tape.  I had to send them a lot of information with photos and specifications of the rigs.  You must not have owed much at all.  Mine bill was almost $900 total for 23 rigs.  They have it on hold as far as me owing anything but it's possible I may get a bill 6 to 8 months from now with the same bill.  So, I have to sweat it for a while.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

That code they gave for yours was just made up out of thin air.  BITMAIN, should be providing a proper code for us but they are not.  I have asked UPS to give me a phone call from this day forward anytime I have a shipment arriving into the US for me from another country.  If I miss the call and they have to call me again they will charge me $10.00.  I'm fine with that.  I prefer to have hold my package(s) until they get in touch with me and ask me for an HST code than having to go through this mess of wondering if I will have to pay $800 or more to the government.

The code they gave for yours has nothing to do with bitcoin miners.

http://www.faqs.org/rulings/tariff103.html

http://www.faqs.org/rulings/tariffs/84879000.html

http://www.htscode.org/heading.php?code=8487
Jump to: