Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 123. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
just received b8 today, 1 of it been running normal for abt 7 hrs & now i see

1   30   700   0   -------- -------- -------- ------

30 chips instead of 45, 0 temp & the lovely dashes
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
... maybe you should describe your tactics in speculation rather than hardware.

Fair point. Mods could perhaps nuke the jab then, and this sub-thread.

FWIW, where I'm coming from is from a former home-miner perspective, and everything I've seen past the S5's from Bitmain (the only game in town, really) has been a risky to losing proposition, and has driven me out of home mining altogether; having sold off my SP20's, S3's, and S5's, and making occasional fiat buys on (exchange doesn't matter).

At the end of the day, I'm just disappointed seeing Bitmain's transformation from the S1 days to where the landscape is today.

Apologies for the derail.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
buyers are probably betting on btc price increase and they are spending $$ via instant bitcoin purchase on coinbase, then immediately spending on miners. This way, they essentially spent $$, but IF bitcoin appreciates and they will eventually sell mined bitcoin, they will make profit in $$.
It is obvious that they will not make their price in BTC, unless your electricity is free or almost free.

Buying an S7, or any miner right now, is a losing proposition if you are doing this (buying on coinbase to convert to a miner BTC purchase). Just buy the BTC and HODL. Don't bother buying miners at current prices.

I don't think that you even read what was said.
Buying BTC direct assumes that it will go up, and so is the ONLY rationale in buying miners (right now).
I see little difference in these two approaches.
But...whatever, man, you can do this, but maybe you should describe your tactics in speculation rather than hardware.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
I got the compensation email also, so that's at least a step in the right direction.

This part is odd though:

Attention: Compensate amount in btc based on exchange rate at that moment.

The compensation is supposed to be calculated from what the machines could have earned if they had shipped on time, minus their made up electricity rate and fees. It's basically a per day/per machine constant that should have nothing to do with the BTC exchange rate.

Hopefully this is just a generic message or slight miscommunication on their part.

Since they say how much you will be compensated in the email, I took that to mean they used the BTC rate of the ship date to arrive at that figure...
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
I got the compensation email also, so that's at least a step in the right direction.

This part is odd though:

The compensation is supposed to be calculated from what the machines could have earned if they had shipped on time, minus their made up electricity rate and fees. It's basically a per day/per machine constant that should have nothing to do with the BTC exchange rate.

Hopefully this is just a generic message or slight miscommunication on their part.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
This does look like the start of the batch1 compensation for late shipping (I had 4 S7 B1s)...

Dear customers,
Sorry to keep you waiting. Since we need to collect your wallet address to get the compensation, we asked engineers for help to do it by batch.
Thanks for your understanding. For your below Batch 1 order, the detailed compensation you should get is as below:
Order ID   Shipped Out Date   Amount
xxxxxxx   2015-10-15          0.44546739 BTC

You already set your wallet address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in your BITMAIN account already, please click here confirm whether it is still available to get the compensation, or click Update to enter new wallet address.

Oh well... 3 B1 machines here sent 2015-10-14 and I only get 0.25BTC.
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
I won't have access to the S7 for the next 8-9 days, but I'll definitely change the 6k8 resistor as soon as I'm back.
800MHz, 5,3Th is still too low. I'm sure we can do 900.
And I'll probably try to get an earlier batch with 162 chips later to see how it can be overclocked.

Don't forget to tell us about your experiment, 900Mhz would be sweet.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
This does look like the start of the batch1 compensation for late shipping (I had 4 S7 B1s)...

Dear customers,
Sorry to keep you waiting. Since we need to collect your wallet address to get the compensation, we asked engineers for help to do it by batch.
Thanks for your understanding. For your below Batch 1 order, the detailed compensation you should get is as below:
Order ID   Shipped Out Date   Amount
xxxxxxx   2015-10-15          0.44546739 BTC

You already set your wallet address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in your BITMAIN account already, please click here confirm whether it is still available to get the compensation, or click Update to enter new wallet address.
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
got an e-mail from Bitmain asking for a BTC address... batch 1 compensation might be coming "soon"
0.25 compensation for one board ? so if the whole miner dies they pay you 0.75 btc and that/s it ?
no freaking way mate

The 3 hashing boards are working perfectly (tried it with another control board), the control (beagle) board died... Well actually it didn't completely die, the ethernet port doesn't seem to react to anything, other leds are lighting up on the board...

But it's useless without a control board...

In the short term to keep you running, you can lay this bad S7 and another good S7 on their sides close to one another and connect the hashingboards of the bad S7 to the ControlBoard of the good S7.  Just a thought for you.

Thanks, I was thinking the same, I have 3 S7's total and I could run this with one paired, but that's only a temporary solution and this device is under warranty, so I expect them to act according to that... That warranty period of 3 months and their "rules" with the fallen off heatsinks (which is a manufacturing problem) voiding warranty etc are a joke anyway, they should at least be decent in such cases where there is a clearly defective part...
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
0.25 compensation for one board ? so if the whole miner dies they pay you 0.75 btc and that/s it ?
no freaking way mate

no it was .25 for the controller   which is a fair price for a controller.

the real problem is he needs a freaking controller and they did not send him a new controller.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
no freaking way mate

The 3 hashing boards are working perfectly (tried it with another control board), the control (beagle) board died... Well actually it didn't completely die, the ethernet port doesn't seem to react to anything, other leds are lighting up on the board...

In the short term to keep you running, you can lay this bad S7 and another good S7 on their sides close to one another and connect the hashingboards of the bad S7 to the ControlBoard of the good S7.  Just a thought for you.
no freaking way mate

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
no freaking way mate
One of my S7's control board died, it is under warranty (still in 3 months), is it possible they want to compensate it with 0.25BTC and not to change/repair it?

First I contacted Gologuzan's team (zendesk support), after discussing the situation and making me try the machine with another control board they forwarded me to [email protected] and now there they are asking for my bitcoin address desperately and ignoring my question what this is about... For a "compensation" of 0.25BTC.

I wouldn't mind getting 0.25BTC for late Batch 1 shipments, but not for the friggin control board lol... I prefer a working S7. What do you guys think? Is this the "warranty"?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
the fact remains that bitmain has a poor customer service, administrative side Huh
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
buyers are probably betting on btc price increase and they are spending $$ via instant bitcoin purchase on coinbase, then immediately spending on miners. This way, they essentially spent $$, but IF bitcoin appreciates and they will eventually sell mined bitcoin, they will make profit in $$.
It is obvious that they will not make their price in BTC, unless your electricity is free or almost free.

Buying an S7, or any miner right now, is a losing proposition if you are doing this (buying on coinbase to convert to a miner BTC purchase). Just buy the BTC and HODL. Don't bother buying miners at current prices.

Buying an S5 and ROI in 3 months sound pretty nice right now, actually. I'd imagine prices would be in the 250$ range by now, with how crazy the diff is going. Meanwhile the S7 look like 4~5 ROI depending on how high the difficulty keep going at.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Fatemi Capire, io ho Comprato 3x S7 + 3X PSU da bitmain, in Quanto tempo Fare il mio roi?
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
All these calculations are worthless.  You forget you can sell your miner.  In any case, an s1 today is still profitable with decent electricity rates with undervolting (I
Also its a lot more fun than a simple garage heater, which costs money for heat.
Jump to: