Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 127. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I paid $ 4,261.22 December 22 to 3X S7 including shipping,
Now I saw that with shipping costs included (3643.61 USD)

I would be entitled to $ 600 refund, or 6 coupons right? the order has not yet been confirmed, they must do so manually

Note:

The price of bitcoin mining machines must be adjusted frequently according to many factors, including BTC/USD exchange rate, the network difficulty, and expected difficulty increase. Refund requests based on price changes cannot be honored.

Warranty:

2. All sales are final. No refunds will be given. Defective machines can be repaired for free under the Bitmain warranty policy. After the warranty period, machines can be repaired for the cost of parts and labor.

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201511170341298180m44675v0613
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
apart from questionable ethics, what OP described will never work since when you order you can use ONE payment source, there is no splitting as 10=9+1.

the order with credit card will be recorded and certain machine serial number will be attached to your order.
Check the machine-they have serial numbers affixed not jut to a box, but to machine itself.

Serial number are an controller. Controller is mounted with 4 screws.

S7s are cheap right now. Below $1000 at current BTC price!

I picked up 2!

Price:       2.91 BTC
                ( 1186 USD )
1 BTC = 407.56 USD 

I orderd batch 9. with the new years and such the batch 9s should ship only a few weeks after the batch 8s resume shipping again.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I paid $ 4,261.22 December 22 to 3X S7 including shipping,
Now I saw that with shipping costs included (3643.61 USD)

I would be entitled to $ 600 refund, or 6 coupons right? the order has not yet been confirmed, they must do so manually
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
apart from questionable ethics, what OP described will never work since when you order you can use ONE payment source, there is no splitting as 10=9+1.

the order with credit card will be recorded and certain machine serial number will be attached to your order.
Check the machine-they have serial numbers affixed not jut to a box, but to machine itself.

Serial number are an controller. Controller is mounted with 4 screws.

I picked up 2!

Price:       2.91 BTC
                ( 1186 USD )
1 BTC = 407.56 USD 

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

I picked up 2!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

While I have not checked what the Amex protection offers and I have not checked serial numbers  Since I don't plan on doing it.

I will say this some companies take lots of time and effort for this to not happen.  Maybe bitmaintech does this.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
apart from questionable ethics, what OP (Jr) described will never work since when you order you can use ONE payment source, there is no splitting as 10=9+1.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I contacted Yoshi yesterday in Denver via email posted from this thread.  Response was surprisingly fast especially since it was Xmas Eve.  Paypal adds 6% fee on top of the Bitmain price which I think is reasonable especially since I would get my AMEX purchase protection.  Just waiting to find out if the price includes shipping or not.  I'm thinking of ordering the next batch 9 via this Denver location to avoid any snafu with Custom.

So he offered to sell it via the US office?  What was price they gave?

I'm surprised but that could be a good surprise if some are able to truly order from them. Them taking paypal is kinda a shocker if true.   That is pretty reversible, which BTC and Wire Transfer (after being processed) should not be.

Here is the exact email including price.  It's not so bad considering Wiring fee is $45 plus some extra if you get stuck with silly Custom.  If you have AMEX card and Pay thru Paypal, you're covered in the first 90 days where even if you dropped the unit, overclocked and burn it, or spill water on it.  They will cover your replacement for up to $1000.  They will also add 1 year extra warranty for repairs after the factory warranty.  That portion won't cover abused or accidents, only approved warranty repairs.

sale (Bitmain)
Dec 24, 21:36

Paypal price be 6% above bitmaintech.com website price and ships from the factory.

item ships within USA will be slightly more.

4.6TH model that can ship now with Paypal payment at the moment is $1550 to include the ground shipping from Colorado.

Batch 9 at the moment with paypal, $1245 for shipping from within USA.

That is a lot more expensive especially for larger orders.  $200 more for batch 9, could buy from China and basically "Buy 5, Get 1 Free"  Grin

No, the best way is to pay the small premium by buying 1 thru Paypal using AMEX and you get the protection for your entire batch.  The premium difference is like $100+, it was $1090 for Batch when I send that email.  When buying via wire, don't forget there's $55 fees for wiring ($45 sender / we have to cover $10 for reciever), and other silly additional Custom charge if you're unlucky even if you buy via BTC.  So for a tiny premium, you get AMEX coverage insurance to protect all your S7 batch that you bought after that date since they don't know which S7 you bought using their AMEX.   Google AMEX purchase protection and you see how great it is.  My biggest concern when buying thru Bitmain was the fact that I don't have AMEX purchase protection vs my Avalon purchase thru Zoomhash, this solve that issue and now I can scale the business with less worry.

Not exactly true. In  the sense that you get 1 of them protected.  So if you order 1 with Amex and 10 without.  And any of the 11 break you can pretend it was the Amex but only for 1 item.

Now some would say you are cheating and you would be cheating if you were sure  that broken one was one of the ten purchased from China.

Key words are 'sure' which is a clever take on plausible deniability.

I could be on a jury  and if I knew you had 10 from china and 1 from amazon I would not be able to find you guilty of fraud.  Since 10/11 chance in my mind is not enough to send someone to jail.

Lots of power electronic buyers do what you are saying to do.  If you want me to judge the idea I would not be that harsh on the idea.  Many on site would be harsher then I would be.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I contacted Yoshi yesterday in Denver via email posted from this thread.  Response was surprisingly fast especially since it was Xmas Eve.  Paypal adds 6% fee on top of the Bitmain price which I think is reasonable especially since I would get my AMEX purchase protection.  Just waiting to find out if the price includes shipping or not.  I'm thinking of ordering the next batch 9 via this Denver location to avoid any snafu with Custom.

I'm surprised but that could be a good surprise if some are able to truly order from them. Them taking paypal is kinda a shocker if true.   That is pretty reversible, which BTC and Wire Transfer (after being processed) should not be.

Here is the exact email including price.  It's not so bad considering Wiring fee is $45 plus some extra if you get stuck with silly Custom.  If you have AMEX card and Pay thru Paypal, you're covered in the first 90 days where even if you dropped the unit, overclocked and burn it, or spill water on it.  They will cover your replacement for up to $1000.  They will also add 1 year extra warranty for repairs after the factory warranty.  That portion won't cover abused or accidents, only approved warranty repairs.

sale (Bitmain)

Paypal price be 6% above bitmaintech.com website price and ships from the factory.

4.6TH model that can ship now with Paypal payment at the moment is $1550 to include the ground shipping from Colorado.

That is a lot more expensive especially for larger orders.  $200 more for batch 9, could buy from China and basically "Buy 5, Get 1 Free"  Grin

No, the best way is to pay the small premium by buying 1 thru Paypal using AMEX and you get the protection for your entire batch.  The premium difference is like $100+, it was $1090 for Batch when I send that email.  When buying via wire, don't forget there's $55 fees for wiring ($45 sender / we have to cover $10 for reciever), and other silly additional Custom charge if you're unlucky even if you buy via BTC.  So for a tiny premium, you get AMEX coverage insurance to protect all your S7 batch that you bought after that date since they don't know which S7 you bought using their AMEX.   Google AMEX purchase protection and you see how great it is.  My biggest concern when buying thru Bitmain was the fact that I don't have AMEX purchase protection vs my Avalon purchase thru Zoomhash, this solve that issue and now I can scale the business with less worry.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
So they are selling batch 2, 4.6th models that have been running for 2 or 3 months for $1550 if u want it right now.....

This place run by a real bitmain employee, that's for sure. Lol

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"

sale (Bitmain)

I contacted Yoshi yesterday in Denver via email posted from this thread.  Response was surprisingly fast especially since it was Xmas Eve.  Paypal adds 6% fee on top of the Bitmain price which I think is reasonable especially since I would get my AMEX purchase protection.  Just waiting to find out if the price includes shipping or not.  I'm thinking of ordering the next batch 9 via this Denver location to avoid any snafu with Custom.

So he offered to sell it via the US office?  What was price they gave?

I'm surprised but that could be a good surprise if some are able to truly order from them. Them taking paypal is kinda a shocker if true.   That is pretty reversible, which BTC and Wire Transfer (after being processed) should not be.

Here is the exact email including price.  It's not so bad considering Wiring fee is $45 plus some extra if you get stuck with silly Custom.  If you have AMEX card and Pay thru Paypal, you're covered in the first 90 days where even if you dropped the unit, overclocked and burn it, or spill water on it.  They will cover your replacement for up to $1000.  They will also add 1 year extra warranty for repairs after the factory warranty.  That portion won't cover abused or accidents, only approved warranty repairs.

sale (Bitmain)

legendary
Activity: 1456
I contacted Yoshi yesterday in Denver via email posted from this thread.  Response was surprisingly fast especially since it was Xmas Eve.  Paypal adds 6% fee on top of the Bitmain price which I think is reasonable especially since I would get my AMEX purchase protection.  Just waiting to find out if the price includes shipping or not.  I'm thinking of ordering the next batch 9 via this Denver location to avoid any snafu with Custom.

So he offered to sell it via the US office?  What was price they gave?

I'm surprised but that could be a good surprise if some are able to truly order from them. Them taking paypal is kinda a shocker if true.   That is pretty reversible, which BTC and Wire Transfer (after being processed) should not be.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
You can do BTC or wire with Wells Fargo through denver
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
I thought Paypal fee was 4% on international sales?  Ordered from pcfli to host in China with Paypal and it was still only 4%.  That 6% must be a custom charge from Bitmain in Denver.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
There isn't a web order portal for the Denver gear right?

it is completely unclear why it is not feasible for bitmain to organize a shipping center in Denver.
Send 100 miners to Denver at the time (or whatever the pallet number is), then have a web page accepting orders.
people can surely appreciate shipment from Denver to US for $15 instead of $51 from Shenzen.
Charge another $15 for handling and everyone will like it.

Paypal adds 6% fee on top of the Bitmain price which I think is reasonable especially since I would get my AMEX purchase protection.  Just waiting to find out if the price includes shipping or not.  I'm thinking of ordering the next batch 9 via this Denver location to avoid any snafu with Custom.

they add 6% to paypal? wow
paypal fee is 2.9% plus few cents (30c?) as far as I remember

And 2% for converting currency. So with paypal if you receive let say USD and you have a CAD account, you will be paying an extra 2% for conversion, but you wanted to send USD, so you will have to convert CAD back to USD so another 2%.

That extra 2% is a hidden fee, its not a "fee" but "Paypal's exchange rate for X Currency." is always 2% under actual.

So pretty rough to buy S7's with Paypal. And the other problem is that its not going to be that much cheaper because they will have to markup the S7's in the US because of import tax and shit. In the end, seeing how Bitmain likes to mark up everything, you'll be paying a 30% premium total.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

it is completely unclear why it is not feasible for bitmain to organize a shipping center in Denver.
Send 100 miners to Denver at the time (or whatever the pallet number is), then have a web page accepting orders.
people can surely appreciate shipment from Denver to US for $15 instead of $51 from Shenzen.
Charge another $15 for handling and everyone will like it.

Paypal adds 6% fee on top of the Bitmain price which I think is reasonable especially since I would get my AMEX purchase protection.  Just waiting to find out if the price includes shipping or not.  I'm thinking of ordering the next batch 9 via this Denver location to avoid any snafu with Custom.

they add 6% to paypal? wow
paypal fee is 2.9% plus few cents (30c?) as far as I remember
legendary
Activity: 910
legendary
Activity: 1456
I buy ALL my stuff from Yoshi in Bitmain Denver.
NEVER have a problem with customs. He imports, you get your miner shipped from Denver. For about 1 1/2 years now. Excellent customer service.
Does he charge standard list price for the miners, or sell at a slight premium?  
Standard list, wire or BTC.
You pay premium if you want USA warranty and/or pay with PAYAL USD. I use AMEX through PAYPAL usually.
$100 per miner with USA warranty. Worth every penny.
Just sidestepping the customs headaches is a blessing.
Just had a batch one replaced, only down 6 days, one or two days was me trying to fix.

Where could I contact him?. To buy a miner.
Removed info

If you are able to order from there please let us know.  I know Wolfen has said he get's from there.  I could have missed it but I sure have not seen a big jump of people saying they are able to order direct from US.

For the rest it's been website or possibly email if really big sale.  But I can't imagine if you buy a few US doing the selling but I could be wrong.

I tried to order from Bitmain Denver on several occasions with no luck. Not sure if it was Yoshi that I was dealing with but it was the same guy that answered the phone everytime; typically they never answer the phone or return calls if you leave a message. I had 2 open tickets, sent all my information so that I could buy using Paypal but he kept telling me that it would be a few more days for some reason. Batch after Batch was selling out in the meantime, I got tired of being strung along so I drove an hour and half from the small town I live in to the nearest city with a bitcoin atm, purchased btc, and then ordered directly from  Bitmain China with ZERO issues. I have done that 3 times now. Btw, if anyone can suggest an easier way buy btc please pm me.

Wolfen is only one I have heard of getting order from them.  If anyone else get's it please do post.  But I think what you mention is more typical I can't imaging them selling unless a very big deal.... then maybe you could talk them into it.  But I don't see selling small amount's.

They have a phone and it's ok for quick questions.  I think preferred method for US support is ticket system.  And if you want support from China email seems to be best. I think they were going to go all to ticket system, but with amount of emails still I don't think they ever did the jump to complete just ticket system.
Jump to: